Discussion Rate of Wisdom/War Coins

DeletedUser

Heroes are expensive, both to acquire and to level up. The Heroes of War cost nearly 100 War Coins to hire, and the Heroes of War average at about 75 Wisdom Coins (not counting Andromeda). The problem, as I see it, is the rate at which Coins are earned; I'm wondering if it takes too long to earn enough Coins to acquire and level up Heroes to worthwhile levels.

According to the wiki, a player can earn up to
24 Coins a day.
The rate at which Island Quests appear is inversely proportional to a player's score; the more points a player earns, the fewer Island Quests present themselves in a day (this is balanced with a higher payoff per quest).

Let's assume that the player in question is a Grepolis fanatic and is at his computer whenever an Island Quest pops up. This player will get 24 Coins a day- let's assume further that he's earning only Wisdom Coins to purchase... oh... Orpheus. Orpheus costs 75 Wisdom Coins to hire; if this player continues his very self-destructive behavior and is awake at all hours of the day to complete every Island Quest that appears, he will be able to hire Orpheus after just four days.

Four days sounds reasonable... but this player is hardly the norm. Accepting, for the moment, that Inno's goal is not to have all its gamers be glued to their screens 24/7, I think we can assume that this behavior is not normal of most Grepolis-users. The average work day in the U.S. is 8 hours long; let's be generous and say that the average player also spends that much time on Grepolis each day.

Players below a certain threshold will theoretically have an Island Quest appear within 2 hours of the completion of the last. My island has always had two sequences of Island Quests going on; this would mean that the average player in our assumptions would be able to complete, in theory, 8 quests in his day. However, this still is not the case; how often have you had a quest that can be completed in less than a minute? It's all too common, at least for me, to have quests that require waiting two and a half, three, or even five hours before it can be officially completed- that's a large chunk of the 8 hours down the drain for one quest. Remember that in our example the player in question is saving up for Orpheus, who costs 75 Wisdom Coins, which means that the player is only selecting the Wisdom track (he could go for the War and convert coins, but the 2:1 ratio would double the time needed). The number of Coins the player is earning in one day is rapidly dwindling. How quickly will he be able to collect 75 Coins? Definitely not just four days.

Finally, even when you manage to actually hire the hero, you have to make them worth your while. Orpheus' chance of doubling culture points is awesome, but much less so when the chance is only 33%, instead of the glorious 90% given by levelling him up completely. If Andromeda is any indication, levelling heroes up gets really expensive really quickly. Like, 40, 44 coins per level expensive.

So what does this all mean? What's my very rambling question? Just this: is it just me, or is acquiring and levelling up Heroes to worthwhile levels an extremely time-consuming process that spans weeks more than it ought to? Should additional ways to win Coins be implemented? Should the price of acquiring and improving be lowered? What are non-me people thinking about this?

DeletedUser23986

Once you grow enough to have a quest at every 4/8 hours, it is possible easily to complete all of them, even if you log for just 2 half hour windows separated by 6hrs.

Ofcourse, when you are small, it is incredibly time consuming to do them all.