Passed Razing Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser31385

Razing Cities

Proposal:Have you ever had a enemy you hated? My idea is to add razing to the game. Razing would be available at academic level 28 and would cost 8 points. Razing would allow you to completely demolish a enemy city. You must send a BDS + troops along and select raze instead of regular attack. On a speed 1 world it would take 24 hours, 2 is 12, speed 3 is 8, and 4 is 6. Note the BDS cannot travel over 48 hours away. Note all units in the enemies city must die for the Raze to start. By that I mean all units must be dead BEFORE the BDS hits. You can send troops along with the BDS and it is advisable to send clearing attacks before.

The Unit:

Black Death ship
300 Defensive value
1000 offensive value (That isn't over powered, if your city has 100 biremes only 4 would die)
Speed is 50 since plague spread fast
75 population
10k of all resources
takes 150 divine favor from Hades. (It doesnt have to be a city worshiping Hades)
Takes 12 hours to build (Divide by world speed)

A black death ship fires bodies of men and women who have died from the plague over your city walls infecting the city.

Costs:

3 CP- First Raze
5 CP- Second Raze
7 CP- Third Raze
9 CP- Fourth Raze
11 CP- Fifth Raze
13 CP- Sixth Raze
15 CP- Seventh Raze- Twentieth Raze
20 CP- 21st- 40th
25 CP- 41st- 60th
30 CP- 60+

What Happens:

When the city is razed it takes all buildings down to the amount of a city that was founded (Senate 10, Wood 15, Rock 15, Silver 13, Warehouse 10, Farm 10, Market 2, Temple 1, Barracks 4). Note all Special buildings are destroyed.

your city will have a skull where the banner is located to symbolize it is infected

Award:

Level 1: Raze 1 City
Level 2: Raze 5 Cities
Level 3: Raze 25 Cities
Level 4: Raze 75 Cities

New Research: Spreading

A new research called Spreading (Maybe you could think of a better name).

If you have this researched and you successfully raze a city than rats would "Spread" from that city and infect every city on the island with a plague (Would reduce every cities resource production by different amounts depending on the size of the player).

Academic level required: 34
Costs: 12k wood, 12k stone, 12k silver and 3 research points

The plague would be worse than Hades plague for some. (Basically just a modified version of that spell)
The amounts would get changed to the amounts below.
If the player is...

1-10000 points it would reduce their resource production in all affected cities by 10% for 24 hours
10001-30000 points it would reduce their production by 25% for 24 hours
30001-75000 points it would reduce their production by 40% for 24 hours
75001-200000 points it would reduce their production by 60% for 24 hours
200001-500000 points it would reduce their production by 75% for 24 hours
500001-1000000 points it would reduce their production by 85% for 24 hours
1000001+ points it would reduce their resource production by 100% for 24 hours (affected cities will have no production for a day)

Times would change... Speed 1 is 24, speed 2 is 12, speed 3 is 8, speed 4 is 6.

New Research: Cure

Another research that would cost 0 research points and would be available at academic level 31. It would be called Cure and would cost 10000 of every resource and the city with the research will recover from the plague 4x as fast. This will make expanding your academy to the higher levels more worth it. The times the plague would be on your city would be 6 for speed 1, 3 for speed 2, 2 for speed 3, 1.5 for speed 4.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes
Reason:
It gives players a way to kill their enemies other than conquest

Balance:
A window will pop up and ask if you want to continue fighting or admit defeat and save lives (Must drop under 10k after the raze for this to happen). You will lose your current city/cities (If you click yes) and will start over on the rim.

Abuse Prevention:
The BDS Dies after the siege ends, there is a 12 hour cool down (6 on speed 2, 4 on speed 3).
Anyone under 10k points cant be razed. First city can never be razed. Battle Points affect how many cities you can raze. Every 5k BP allows you to construct another BDS (It is like getting cities, once you use the ship you must obtain 5k BP (Or the specified amount below) for another BDS slot to open)

0-100,000 Points- 5000 BP
100,001-200,000 Points- 10000 BP
200,001-500,000 Points- 50000 BP
500,001-1,000,000- 100,000 BP
1,000,001+- 250,000 BP

You must collect more BP for each BDS as you rise in points the BP cost of a BDS slot will increase.

Cities on the island who were affected by the spreading from the razed city cant be razed for 48 hours (timer starts once the razing is over and the city is crippled. Also the time when your plague starts). You can only do this when you don't have enough CP for a new city. 30/31 would be allowed for a raze, but if you have 31/31 you can't raze the target city.
Summary:
I think this may help players

Last edited:

DeletedUser36085

The game's goal is to get as many cities as you can, but I like the idea, although it shouldn'y be the CS, cause it's a Colony Ship. Maybe, create another kind, something like "Destroyer", and put it as an 8 point research option, so when you choose to research the ship, you get the ability to raze cities.

DeletedUser31385

Black Death ship loaded with bodies that died from a plague infect the city and the player has the specified amount of time to end the razing before the city is wiped out.

Black Death ship
150 Defensive value
400 offensive value
Speed is 30 since plague spread fast
50 population
5k of all resources
takes 150 divine favor from Hades. (It doesnt have to be a city worshiping Hades)

A black death ship fires bodies of men and women who have died from the plague over your city walls infecting the city.

Last edited:

DeletedUser38224

Firstly, something along these lines has been suggested before, it was to end the world by destroying all your enemies cities instead of world wonders, and you would use a new ship to do it. That's basically what you're suggesting, but instead allowing it the entire world.

Assuming this is different enough to pass, there are still some issues with it:

1. The Gap. Think of a scenario where the world is basically divided 50/50 between two alliances. Alliance A starts totally destroying alliance B. Like, totally. What happens after they're out of the 48 hour range? I understand that there is a way around this by conquering some of the cities instead of destroying them, but in my eyes as long as it's possible for a dead end of this extent to be reached, there's a problem.

2. The time frames you've suggested. I think that the idea of destroying days, even weeks of building a city in 4 hours on a speed three world is abhorrent. There needs to be an absolute time frame that is reasonable.

3. Not the biggest issue, but it is there. Yes, I am talking about realism. There are some things about this game that are a bit off, but shooting plagued bodies into a city over the wall is absolutely ridiculous.

DeletedUser33530

Definitely suggested before but still a decent idea. How I think it should work is that you send a colony ship and lay siege to the city but at the launching of the ship you have to select "conquest" or "raze". A raze would take twice as long as a conquest and it would cost 5 points to be researched. Also you could have it take half the time, cost 5 research points, but it would just burn all buildings down halfway.

Zarun-

Strategos
3. Not the biggest issue, but it is there. Yes, I am talking about realism. There are some things about this game that are a bit off, but shooting plagued bodies into a city over the wall is absolutely ridiculous.

China has dropped rats (or was it fleas?) that were infested with plague over cities.

DeletedUser38224

Is grepolis set in china, Or ancient greece? You guessed right, Ancient greece.

DeletedUser

Are you kidding? Seriously? Why would you want to do that? Razing cities? That would be a serious disadvantage to the littler players. I mean, seriously, would you like to have your only, I repeat, only city razed? And would you be able to rebuild your city or would you have to start over?

DeletedUser44426

I don't think you understand the process we are going through to make this idea better^^

DeletedUser38224

I think one way to improve this is that instead of having the city destroyed completely, either:

a) The city is completely demolished, leaving an open city slot(for colonization)

b) The city is still owned by the player, just destroyed down the the minimum buildings

Another way to implement this is how we do it in tribal wars, make a new siege unit that targets buildings in the city instead of just targeting the wall. Then, you can aim for a building when you attack, and if you attack enough times, you can destroy the city.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31385

The way it is meant to work is option a, The spot is open.

DeletedUser36085

Are you kidding? Seriously? Why would you want to do that? Razing cities? That would be a serious disadvantage to the littler players. I mean, seriously, would you like to have your only, I repeat, only city razed? And would you be able to rebuild your city or would you have to start over?
Isn't that exactly how conquers work? After the city is taken, the previous owner has to start over on the rim (or otherwise). Same with razing, only the city disappears.

DeletedUser31385

Good grief, if you have to -rep me, at least sign it. I'm pretty sure I know who it was anyway, but still.

Just to let you know I didnt do it.

Conquests work the same way unless you have more than one city, after you lose your last city your rimmed.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8396

b) The city is still owned by the player, just destroyed down the the minimum buildings

This right here. This is the best suggestion made thus far, and I highly recommend it (If he doesn't make the change, Awesomeness needs to make a thread :p).

Razing is destroying the city conquered. However, That doesn't benefit the razer at all. Were you to downgrade every building, the enemy has a lot more pain:

His city is now practically useless. He must now rebuild everything, taking TIME, resources, and sometimes gold. It still takes up a city slot, disallowing him from simply conquering a different city. The dynamics are totally different and better imo.

DeletedUser44027

This right here. This is the best suggestion made thus far, and I highly recommend it (If he doesn't make the change, Awesomeness needs to make a thread :p).

Razing is destroying the city conquered. However, That doesn't benefit the razer at all. Were you to downgrade every building, the enemy has a lot more pain:

His city is now practically useless. He must now rebuild everything, taking TIME, resources, and sometimes gold. It still takes up a city slot, disallowing him from simply conquering a different city. The dynamics are totally different and better imo.

Well, I still think that's a little rough, considering. Maybe degrade the city, each building down 10 levels? Or remove the two selected buildings. (Ya know, the ones with the tower and the Devine stat, etc? I mean, having your city down to 800 points is pretty rough, and you don't even need culture to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.