Passed Razing Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser31385

I don't think razing should be allowed unless someone has a second city. Otherwise I just find this as a completely wrong strategy, because you raze an entire alliance...you get the idea.

Good idea, the 10k also applies as well. You lose 3 CP per raze as a penalty for being reprehensible.
If a player drops below 2 cities he or she cant be razed.

DeletedUser

Some think 3 cp is too expensive, I presume since someone suggested it that some believe it's reasonable.

Thoughts on the cost?

DeletedUser36085

The CP cost should be increasing with culture levels. Something like 1 CP for the first 3 levels, then 2 CP for 2-4 levels, then 3 for another couple, etc.

DeletedUser31385

1CP- 1 to 5 Culture levels
3CP- 6 to 10 Culture levels
5CP 11 to 15 Culture levels
Etc...

DeletedUser44167

Instead of all the death ships and stuff
You acquire a "raze city" card from a island quest (would probably require favor from hades)
Very rare card
You then launch your CS
Play the card before the CS lands
If the CS lands successfully
The city would then slowly be razed until the siege is ended
Siege last 24 hours the city is completely destroyed along with the anchor point

DeletedUser38224

I don't think it's a good idea to get it from an island quest, nor is it a good idea to have the anchor point destroyed.

DeletedUser

Good idea, though i would only save this for the worst of my enemies.

DeletedUser31385

EDITED, I slimmed it down and organized it. Please add suggestions below.

Last edited:

DeletedUser42857

While i agree with the idea of razing cities, or sacking cities as a realistic option i think there are some flaws with the idea, mainly the idea of using culture points (too easy for gold users to by), or special ships, and the idea of firing bodies into a city is ridiculous.

how about the creation of a special "saboteur" unit recruitable as for other units, but requiring barracks 20, and relevant research.

Saboteur's use say 3-4 population because they have to carry gear around with them.
very week defensively, basically they only carry light swords and no armour.

for each hour a saboteur spends in a city he can knock one level off a random building, so, with 60 sabotuers present they would effectively knock off 1 level a minute.

but very week defensively, so any support landing, or if the city owner recruited even 5 swordsmen they could probably kill 10 sab's easily.

you could support them with hops/slings etc, and the hops would be killed before the sabs started getting killed.

DeletedUser31385

While i agree with the idea of razing cities, or sacking cities as a realistic option i think there are some flaws with the idea, mainly the idea of using culture points (too easy for gold users to by), or special ships, and the idea of firing bodies into a city is ridiculous.

how about the creation of a special "saboteur" unit recruitable as for other units, but requiring barracks 20, and relevant research.

Saboteur's use say 3-4 population because they have to carry gear around with them.
very week defensively, basically they only carry light swords and no armour.

for each hour a saboteur spends in a city he can knock one level off a random building, so, with 60 sabotuers present they would effectively knock off 1 level a minute.

but very week defensively, so any support landing, or if the city owner recruited even 5 swordsmen they could probably kill 10 sab's easily.

you could support them with hops/slings etc, and the hops would be killed before the sabs started getting killed.

For the first part, I think BP would work better as of now and it would encourage more fighting during WW. The firing bodies part is just the description.

As for your second part that can be developed a bit further.

DeletedUser29713

I was able to destroy a city that way, I would rather conquer it for more points and gaining ground... you know...

just sayin,,,

DeletedUser31385

In ww times, you may just want to cripple the enemies WW island by razing their cities. This way you can slow down their WW growth.

DeletedUser

In ww times, you may just want to cripple the enemies WW island by razing their cities. This way you can slow down their WW growth.
WW era is being completely revamped as we speak so can't really rely on your present info.

DeletedUser11651

I love this idea, but for razing should be used special "Ballista" or "Juggernaut" ships, like on AoM. You'd send few of those very slow ships, maybe just slightly faster than CS to "Raze" attack enemy city and when they arrive they should stay there for 1-3 (depending on server speed) hours to raze few buildings. Each Juggernaut would destroy only one level of building in that city, and you'd have to choose before attack which buildings should be targeted, like senate, warehouse, farm, but not walls (so catapults remain important in game)!

Those ships would have weak defense, like maybe 40, weak attack (80), very slow (speed 6) and would be unable to destroy walls.
They would be costly, 6000 wood, 3000 rock and 4500 silver, would take 20 (or even 40) population as those are big ships.

Also, you'll get option to raze cities as soon as you research those ships, so you don't spend too many RP on that. They would cost 8 research points and you can only research them in lvl 28 academy.

Those ships would be able to attack any of your cities, even your first one, but your first (or only/last city) would be protected of demolishing your buildings below level of levels of buildings in newly founded city.

And I assume players wouldn't use those ships on small players as they would need cities to conquer, they would use them only on very experienced players to cripple them. I play few other browser games where there is "raze city" feature, so I know what I'm talking about.

I hope you like this idea :p

p.s. sorry for mistakes, my english is not very good :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31385

I will update this once the so called WW revamp is done.

DeletedUser

lalallalala everyone likes it lalalalalalall it will pass now.

DeletedUser31385

Im waiting on Pebble and Iced to decide on whether to upgrade this to another section.
Simmers who never attack people will be able to get very few razes.
I have spent a good time editing and developing this idea.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8396

Im waiting on Pebble and Iced to decide on whether to upgrade this to another section.
Simmers who never attack people will be able to get very few razes.
I have spent a good time editing and developing this idea.

Ok. It's moved. Be careful what you wish for ;)

DeletedUser31385

Please post Comments/concerns or suggestions below.

I love this idea, but for razing should be used special "Ballista" or "Juggernaut" ships, like on AoM. You'd send few of those very slow ships, maybe just slightly faster than CS to "Raze" attack enemy city and when they arrive they should stay there for 1-3 (depending on server speed) hours to raze few buildings. Each Juggernaut would destroy only one level of building in that city, and you'd have to choose before attack which buildings should be targeted, like senate, warehouse, farm, but not walls (so catapults remain important in game)!

Those ships would have weak defense, like maybe 40, weak attack (80), very slow (speed 6) and would be unable to destroy walls.
They would be costly, 6000 wood, 3000 rock and 4500 silver, would take 20 (or even 40) population as those are big ships.

Also, you'll get option to raze cities as soon as you research those ships, so you don't spend too many RP on that. They would cost 8 research points and you can only research them in lvl 28 academy.

Those ships would be able to attack any of your cities, even your first one, but your first (or only/last city) would be protected of demolishing your buildings below level of levels of buildings in newly founded city.

And I assume players wouldn't use those ships on small players as they would need cities to conquer, they would use them only on very experienced players to cripple them. I play few other browser games where there is "raze city" feature, so I know what I'm talking about.

I hope you like this idea :p

p.s. sorry for mistakes, my english is not very good :D

Most of what you suggested is already in the OP, although the plague was strong and spread fast.
That is where the offensive values and speed come from.

NEW: higher speed or same? Post suggestions on this below.
Right now it is fast as a bireme or FTB.

NEW: Will be as strong as 5 LS (OFF and DEF values) instead of random values.
If your city has 100 biremes a BDS will be able to kill 4 of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.