Passed Razing Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser31385

I will be deciding a better speed for the ship.

EDIT: Upped it to 50 which is halfway in between Pegasus and Light ship.

Think everything is covered now.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31385

Balancing
I attempted to balance the times out more as suggested way earlier, I multiplied the times by 2. They are now:

Speed 1- 24, Speed 2- 12, Speed 3- 8, Speed 4- 6.
Please give your opinions on those times, I hope that improves it some.

New Research (note this isnt a separate idea, it is a new research I am suggesting to go along with this (I have it organized for when I move it below)
Details:
A new research called Spreading (Maybe you could think of a better name).

If you have this researched and you successfully raze a city than rats would "Spread" from that city and infect every city on the island with a plague (Would reduce every cities resource production by different amounts depending on the size of the player).

Academic level required: 34
Costs: 12k wood, 12k stone, 12k silver and 3 research points

The plague would be worse than Hades plague for some.
If the player is...

1-10000 points it would reduce their resource production in all affected cities by 10% for 24 hours
10001-30000 points it would reduce their production by 25% for 24 hours
30001-75000 points it would reduce their production by 40% for 24 hours
75001-200000 points it would reduce their production by 60% for 24 hours
200001-500000 points it would reduce their production by 75% for 24 hours
500001-1000000 points it would reduce their production by 85% for 24 hours
1000001+ points it would reduce their resource production by 100% for 24 hours (affected cities will have no production for a day)

Times would change... Speed 1 is 24, speed 2 is 12, speed 3 is 8, speed 4 is 6.

Abuse Prevention
Cities on the island who were affected by the spreading from the razed city cant be razed for 48 hours (timer starts once the razing is over and the city is gone. Also the time when your plague starts).

Last edited:

DeletedUser40768

I like the idea, very interesting. Only thing I would like to say is that if spread hits every city on the island, it might hit cities from the same alliance as you or one of your pacts.

DeletedUser31385

Maybe another research that would cost 0 research points and would be available at academic level 31. It would be called Cure and would cost 15000 of every resource and the city with the research will recover from the plague 4x as fast. This will make expanding your academy to the higher levels more worth it. The times the plague would be on your city would be 6 for speed 1, 3 for speed 2, 2 for speed 3, 1.5 for speed 4.

DeletedUser40768

Maybe another research that would cost 0 research points and would be available at academic level 31. It would be called Cure and would cost 15000 of every resource and the city with the research will recover from the plague 4x as fast. This will make expanding your academy to the higher levels more worth it. The times the plague would be on your city would be 6 for speed 1, 3 for speed 2, 2 for speed 3, 1.5 for speed 4.

I like the idea, maybe not for 0 research points though as only a CS is 0 research points I think.

DeletedUser

good idea, but maybe instead of leaving any buildings in the city it makes the city disappear

DeletedUser31385

Um the city would be gone instantly after the raze ends? HM

DeletedUser31385

Well, your enemy could just go and conquer someone else. This would cripple him and therefore force him to rebuild the city and force him through pain and suffering.

DeletedUser31385

I have suggested at 997 points and nothing more than what a founded city has.

DeletedUser31385

We have gotten quite a bit done today. Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

What is development, does that mean that they are going to test it ?

DeletedUser40768

No it means it is up for consideration to be voted on in one of those development polls they use to have, they haven't had one in ages though so it really has lost its meaning now :(

DeletedUser31385

It just means it has a lot of discussion going on, the next step is voting. This section isnt very active. There hasnt been a voting for ages.

DeletedUser31385

Ok, right now we are waiting for a lil while. People are allowed to suggest improvements to this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.