Deliberation Re Evaluate all the Myths in Game

DeletedUser41523

It's not just that, anyone who is even semi relevant to conquest uses this method. If your CS gets caught, a lot of DLU is dying. Events make taking a city very difficult too.

And I agree, it's really affected strategies. I think what was an attempt to make flyers a more viable option was too successful. There's not really any strategy anymore. It's HC, catch, clear, 1 ls, transport, couple ALU, and cs, stack dlu, pray.

Raydium88

Strategos
I think most people forget we had a rebalancing of pretty much every myth a few years ago, and the community got what they wanted... in which case, all in all, wasn't very good lol

DeletedUser41523

Definitely wasn't the best solution. I think they should experiment with Hercules and temple looting and try to fix it.

Silver Witch

Strategos
In conquest when dealing with good snipers i think the dual purpose myths work well. I do build hydra/medusae/minotaur particularly then.

I get all Kal is saying but i think different myths have different uses depending on the type of world and purposes you are using them for. I think its true that some are limited in their use and that what the competitions offer does dictate choice to a degree.

I don't feel particularly strongly about this.

If someone wants to change a particular unit then i think be specific about what u want. Theres not an overall problem here.

DeletedUser54192

Incorrect.
https://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Units_Portal

Cyclops: 3000 wood, 5000 stone, 4000 silver, 240 favour.
Erinyes: 3300 wood, 6600 stone, 6600 silver, 330 favour.

(Costs are before Conscription research.)

:p

Anyways I don't think we need to keep buffing myths up one by one. If anything I agree with Smil that flyers could be nerfed. Makes CQ way too linear, and part reason I don't play CQ worlds anymore.
True. I'd also settle for a cost reduction for the less powerful/efficient myth units. For example, one of the reasons that we don't see many Minotaurs in-game is that they are competing against the Manticore for Zeus favour. 1 Cyclops is worth 4 COTO spells at the moment, and I know which I would rather have for the vast majority of cases. Even if just the favour cost was reduced for these myths, that could make a big difference.

DeletedUser46395

Personally, I like multi-purpose units even in revolt worlds; they're ideal front-line or behind-the-lines units.

I think, though, that myths are far too available through events these days which has rather unbalanced the game. I had one city attacked by over 50 myth nukes the other day - ended fine for me, with the city still plus a huge amount of BP, in part because of the massive number of cerbs in there. Skill? Guile? None of that in evidence. I also agree they make breaking sieges fairly trivial.

The one myth unit nobody has mentioned is (now) one of the most useful - the Divine Envoy. A lot to be said for DE nukes on the frontline, not least that they can fund themselves through temple looting, but they don't overbalance the game as I think other myth units do, especially event-derived ones.

DeletedUser54192

Both cost the same per population. 300 resources each and 6 favour per pop unit.

Get your math straight boy
I was looking at individual units, so I see your point. If you factor population into the comparison, then Cyclopes are almost directly inferior to Erinyes as attack myths, because you pay the same res/favour per population point, but get a lower attack value per population point. The only thing they are better than Erinyes for is favour looting, because you will have more Cyclopes and therefore loot slightly more favour.

From a personal point of view, part of the reason that I see Cyclopes as worse than Erinyes is that, while it's the same favour/population ratio, Poseidon favour is more "valuable" in general. COTO, Sea Storm and Earthquake are all brilliant tools (although Earthquake is less useful in conquest). Kingly Gift has the best ratio of resources/favour cost, and although it is wood, you can usually trade it for something else with the farming villages. Then look at Hades spells. Plague is almost worthless and is only usually used as harassment (could be an issue if you hit a large number of cities belonging to one player when they were trying to rebuild, or if you hit a player with only a handful of cities, but that's a lot of favour could usually be put to better use). Return from the Underworld is good, but unless you really need some of those units back, it's just as good to cast Heroic Power, Aim of the Huntress or Favourable Wind, all of which give you at least 10% combat boost and all of which are cheaper. Invisibility is very useful if used tactically, and I'd say the best of Hades' spells. Treasures, while being useful because it provides silver, is the least-efficient resource spell.

I don't know how anyone else feels, but the "value" of the favour for different gods is also a factor for me. I'm always thinking "what else could I do with that favour", when I decide if building a specific myth unit is worth it.

Personally, I like multi-purpose units even in revolt worlds; they're ideal front-line or behind-the-lines units.
Perhaps I will have to try again. I tried out various myth units (especially Medusae and Minotaurs) on en94 Mesembria because I thought the dual-purpose would be great in my situation (I couldn't afford to have much dedicated offense due to being constantly under attack), but I found that I wasn't getting much value out of them. That was a 1/2 world though, so perhaps they are more useful on higher world speeds where favour is a little more freely available and it is easier to experiment.