Passed Re-Vote of Battle Points for Militia

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 81 75.7%
  • No.

Votes: 26 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Make killing Militia give BP

Proposal

To make it so that for every 3 Militia you kill, you gain 1 Battle Point.

Reason

I've never fully understood why Militia doesn't reward you with Battle points when you kill it. Isn't the point of Battle Points to show your abilities at fighting, do Militia not count as worthy to be worth even .1 of a Battle point? Because I'll tell you this, they are worthy and have killed their fair some of 'proper soldiers'.

I honestly can't see a legit reason for why you don't get rewarded for slaying them by the dozen, and why even though the defending player doesn't lose any real troops, pop spaces and resources they are the ones getting the BP. Shouldn't it be the other way round? All they do is press that one button, they didn't have to gather the resources in a few ways and a half to build troops... And wait upon those troops to be built only to have them fall to something that can pop up instantly and costs next to nothing. I'm not saying that Militia shouldn't exist, but with that unfairness of it all it's made even worse by the fact no BP is achieved by the attacker.

Details

For every 3 Militia you kill, you gain 1 BP. I got this by judging from their defense in relation to Swordsmen and Archers. I chose not to judge from Hoplites or Chariots due to them being trade-off units and not 100% defenders. The average defense against one attack type for swordsmen and archers is 16, where with Miltia it is 6. 6/16 = 0.375. The closest decimal to 0.375 that is a factor of 1 is 0.33333etc or ⅓.

If you've killed 299 Miltia, you'd have 99 BP from them. 300 and you'd have 100BP. 301 and you'd have 100BP.

Balance/Abuse Prevention

It is just a addition to one's points, so there would be no abuse or Balance inflictions to come into affect.

DeletedUser6983

I really like this idea. But maybe it would be better 1/5 of every milita.

DeletedUser

I would say that I would even accept 2 Militia for 1 BP. The system gives a huge advantage and hinders player farmers.

DeletedUser

I like the idea but I don't want it implemented. I want my enemys to be angry

DeletedUser

Personally I love the idea having killed thousands of the blighters myself but you say that there would be no balance or abuse preventions necessary. I think quite the opposite. This idea has been mentiond many times and (I think) not implemented because players could just abuse the concept and farm themselves or allies to kill the militia in order to get BP. From every city you own, every 3 hours, you could get 100BP for the simple cost of a few of your own troops. This means that large players could rack up BP very quickly. This is how it could be abused.

Maybe if you made it so that the first 3000 militia you killed gave you BP for every 3 militia and then after that you got nothing it may work.

DeletedUser

Maybe if you made it so that the first 3000 militia you killed gave you BP for every 3 militia and then after that you got nothing it may work.

I would prefer it the other way around. At the point where you have kileld over 3k of militia it is likely that the extra BP wouldn't be needed as much for you.

DeletedUser6983

I would prefer it the other way around. At the point where you have kileld over 3k of militia it is likely that the extra BP wouldn't be needed as much for you.

Ya, but every little bit helps

DeletedUser

But surely once you had killed 3000 militia you would have several cities? Therefore BP starts being really valuable to you because it provides culture points. Also, once you had killed 3000 militia you would likely be in a better position to abuse the system than if you had only killed a few hundred because you will be larger and able to throw troops away more easily.

An idea may be to have it on a curve so that you will always get some BP from militia but the more you have killed before, the less you get per militia.

Aicy

Strategos
This is a great idea but hmmm... Uber Lord?

Personally I love the idea having killed thousands of the blighters myself but you say that there would be no balance or abuse preventions necessary. I think quite the opposite. This idea has been mentiond many times and (I think) not implemented because players could just abuse the concept and farm themselves or allies to kill the militia in order to get BP. From every city you own, every 3 hours, you could get 100BP for the simple cost of a few of your own troops. This means that large players could rack up BP very quickly. This is how it could be abused.

Guy... Learn the game before you say something like that. :p

You say that but why would it be any different for regular troops? You could leave out your 500 slingers or something in defense and slay them with 500 slinges, also yours, in offense and quickly rack up a 500 and something BP. But no, you cannot do that, it is impossible to attack your own cities.

With farming allies, I think you'll learn in the future that simply isn't profitable. Some players do it... But 95% don't.

But surely once you had killed 3000 militia you would have several cities? Therefore BP starts being really valuable to you because it provides culture points. Also, once you had killed 3000 militia you would likely be in a better position to abuse the system than if you had only killed a few hundred because you will be larger and able to throw troops away more easily.

An idea may be to have it on a curve so that you will always get some BP from militia but the more you have killed before, the less you get per militia.
Have you never played offensively? :p
You can easily kill 3k miltia in the first week or two of BP, and whilst those militia cripple your army you get no reward! It's ridiculous.

And as always, things that accelerate and decelerate like that are unneeded complications that only slow down the game servers and the Developers doing something that could be very quick and easy. :/

I think this idea is fine as it is.

DeletedUser

I said that on Evony, I don't want to repeat this on Grepo:

This is one huge Simcity game.

DeletedUser

This is a great idea but hmmm... Uber Lord?

Guy... Learn the game before you say something like that. :p

You say that but why would it be any different for regular troops? You could leave out your 500 slingers or something in defense and slay them with 500 slinges, also yours, in offense and quickly rack up a 500 and something BP. But no, you cannot do that, it is impossible to attack your own cities.

You asky why it would be different for regular troops. For regular troops you have to spend resources on them. For militia you don't have to spend resources to get them and they would provide easy BP. Also, you can attack your own villages and so abuse this idea.

Aicy

Strategos
No, you cannot. Once you make your first conquest try it, I know from first hand experiance. If you don't believe me I could do it in Alpha or something and show you the report.

Also, it does cost resources. On a normal world (speed 2) a 12 hour 50% resource cut with level 40 mines would cost you 2,100 of each resource without that premium extra.

DeletedUser

Once you make your first conquest try it.

I love it :)

I have conquered 8 people already though I don't still have 4 of the cities because I restarted. In-game it allows me to launch attacks at my cities with ships and troops. Are you suggesting that when they arrive they don't do anything. If that's the case then I would appreciate seeing a report. Then again it might be different on theta than it is on alpha.

DeletedUser6983

ya. its says your troops stopped by and had a cup of tea. you cant attack youself. i tried loading my transports with tons of troops i didnt need. then i wanted to send them out thinking my biremes would handle it. but it didnt. so i used them on a alliance member so he could get the bp

Edit:
This is what it looks like:
peacedi.jpg
The guy sent 3 colonies on me too 1 city, the first landed and when the second hit, this came up. i found it interesting. i never saw this before. Then i tried attacking myself as i said above and it didnt work.

DeletedUser

to be honest though, powerful players already do this, they set up a system with their neighbours where its arranged that theyll attack them at a certain time, the defender then removes any troops he wants to keep and bingo, BPs for everyone. just because militia are involved isnt going to make much of a difference. militia kill soldiers and therefore they should be worth some BP if you kill them

DeletedUser

I wasn't saying I am against the idea, in fact I am for it. All I was saying was that there are ways it could be abused.

DeletedUser

Thankyou for your input everyone, but as it is now clear that there is no abuse other than attacking your alliance mates to gain BP (Which is already done with regular troops, and you can leave Offensive troops in Defense in that case which is even better than Militia at getting illegal Battle Points) I will not be editing the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.