Passed Re-Vote of Battle Points for Militia

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 81 75.7%
  • No.

Votes: 26 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

That's not a very accurate comparison as militia has a much lower defence/bp gained that swordsmen. almost 3 times as weak, making up for the 1/3 of the losses.

I used swordsmen as they're the most readily available defence unit, requiring nothing more than a level 1 barracks. Arguably the easiest unit to acquire, after the militia itself.

DeletedUser

that does not change the fact they're much stronger defending against slingers than militia is, therefore they kill more slingers.

DeletedUser

That's exactly my point. Militia are weak enough that they can be killed with minimal losses by any offensive unit, compared to the BP-equivalent of the defensive unit best suited for defending against the attacking force. Perhaps before gifting BP for killing militia, the defensive statistics of militia should be increased, to make doing so more of a challenge..

DeletedUser

No, they are simply weak against slingers.

With no wall, neutral luck and 100% morale, an attacking force of 800 hoplites loses ~141 against 375 militia. 40 lost, 125 BP gained.

DeletedUser

No, they are simply weak against slingers.

With no wall, neutral luck and 100% morale, an attacking force of 800 hoplites loses ~141 against 375 militia. 40 lost, 125 BP gained.

Assuming you meant 141 lost, rather than 40 lost, I see your point. Either way, I still see gaining BP from militia as a bad idea. Will just have to see how the poll turns out, I guess.

DeletedUser21889

I vote yes,startin out in new world players lose precious troops to militia i think the player loosing troops deserve some payback for their loss

DeletedUser

YES.
I've killed 13620 militia, lost tons of troops for this another defender bonus, and got no bp. Pretty lame, they are troops that we kill yet they don't show up in bp.

DeletedUser

I vote yes. Maybe it should be a few more militia for 1 bp, but I definitely agree you should receive some sort of bp.

DeletedUser

Yes, but not 1 militia for 1 bp, that would give people too much BP. I think that the 1/3 idea is good.

DeletedUser19554

no sorry i just think they shouldn't give this advantage to the attackers. I'd rather see other advantages implemented. I in general don't like this idea anyway.

DeletedUser

no sorry i just think they shouldn't give this advantage to the attackers. I'd rather see other advantages implemented. I in general don't like this idea anyway.

and why you don't like it? could you please explain? tx

DeletedUser19554

I just liked the militia and dodging strategy and don't want to see it die and would rather see different ways for the attacker to get an advantage

DeletedUser

I just liked the militia and dodging strategy and don't want to see it die and would rather see different ways for the attacker to get an advantage

sorry but i really don t see the point there. the 'dodging strategy' is independent from however many BPs the attacker gets. how is it going to die just for that??
and btw, you can dodge only so much before you get stormed by a rolling cats nuke ;)

DeletedUser

actually i don't see why giving bp will no longer allow or encourage dodging.
it's not about advantage, but about the imbalance:
-the defender gets bp for killing attacking forces with militia
-the attacker get no bp for killing militia
So, not getting an advantage, but ballancing the advantage.
Dodging will remain as it is now, defender will save his build troops and activate militia no matter the attacker gets some bp or not. He'll still get more bp...

DeletedUser8790

actually i don't see why giving bp will no longer allow or encourage dodging.
it's not about advantage, but about the imbalance:
-the defender gets bp for killing attacking forces with militia
-the attacker get no bp for killing militia
So, not getting an advantage, but ballancing the advantage.
Dodging will remain as it is now, defender will save his build troops and activate militia no matter the attacker gets some bp or not. He'll still get more bp...

I also Voted no, Unless you increase militia strength, Attackers do not need anymore advantage/encouragement against militia

DeletedUser

I also Voted no, Unless you increase militia strength, Attackers do not need anymore advantage/encouragement against militia
Since i explained my point i would like to know an explanation of why attackers have advantage / encourangement against militia, in your opinion. Thank you.

DeletedUser

Since i explained my point i would like to know an explanation of why attackers have advantage / encourangement against militia, in your opinion. Thank you.

In my opinion, it's because the militia's defensive stats are so low. Even with a level 25+ farm and City Guard, the max militia amount is 375. That's about 2250 blunt, 3000 sharp and 1500 ranged defence. A fairly useless defence force, really. If they are to be considered for providing BP when killed, they should also have their defensive stats increased, to make the act of killing them slightly more.. 'worth it'.

Status
Not open for further replies.