Passed Re-Vote of Battle Points for Militia

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 81 75.7%
  • No.

Votes: 26 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

In my opinion, it's because the militia's defensive stats are so low. Even with a level 25+ farm and City Guard, the max militia amount is 375. That's about 2250 blunt, 3000 sharp and 1500 ranged defence. A fairly useless defence force, really. If they are to be considered for providing BP when killed, they should also have their defensive stats increased, to make the act of killing them slightly more.. 'worth it'.

Indeed i have to agree with you that their power is not that big. But they still do kill attacking force. So it's a problem, from my point of view, of how many bp should be taken from killing militia. Clearly not 1:1. Maybe 1:3 or even 1:5 (1 point for each 3 or each 5 militia killed)
To do some math,
1 militia has a cumulated defense of 6 + 8 + 4 = 18.
1 swordman has a cumulated defense of 14 + 8 + 30 = 52. And it's the best value for regular units.
1 archer has this value of 43.
1 hoplite has this value of 37.
Compared to these, 1 militia has 35% of defending power of a swordman, 42% of an archer or 49% of an hoplite.
I'd say that 3 militia would be the same power of 1 sword, so we could estimate that killing 3 militia = killing 1 normal troop. Not the same distribution of defense, but is not differenced in abp.
Moreover, please notice that even among the regular defending units there are differences of defending power, from 52 of a swordman going down to 37 for an hoplite, practically 29% difference, but still 1 swordman or 1 hoplite killed is still 1 abp.
The above being said, i don't see the reason to not have militia counted as kills for the attackers. Yes, not 1:1, let's say 1:3.... but that's a different debate.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8790

In my opinion, it's because the militia's defensive stats are so low. Even with a level 25+ farm and City Guard, the max militia amount is 375. That's about 2250 blunt, 3000 sharp and 1500 ranged defence. A fairly useless defence force, really. If they are to be considered for providing BP when killed, they should also have their defensive stats increased, to make the act of killing them slightly more.. 'worth it'.

Exactly the point I am trying to make

DeletedUser

To be perfectly blunt, I hate this idea. I do not want my opponents to be racking up battle points for killing my militia. What is the purpose of militia? To add extra defense. it would be pretty much beside the point to let militia be worth battle points. I'm just giving my 2 cents... umm... $10.

DeletedUser

Militia is the last line of defence to make a city unnatractive when under HEAVY FARM from a bigger player... even when you can exhaust the resources to prevent the farm of any resources, the city wall can be deleveled easily once the troops are gone, and horsemen arent picked off.

to make militia bp rewardable is just totally unfair to smaller players when they're faced with a bigger player...

DeletedUser

This is already a re-vote, so if it fails it won't be put to a vote again.

don't forget, that if it fails not only will it not be able to be voted on again, i also wont allow any ideas similar to this to be posted again for quite some time :p alot is riding on this poll :p

DeletedUser

don't forget, that if it fails not only will it not be able to be voted on again, i also wont allow any ideas similar to this to be posted again for quite some time :p alot is riding on this poll :p

If the result is exactly 75%, what happens? Does that count as a pass, or does it fail as it's not over 75%?

DeletedUser

Eeek. This is tense. For the first time ever, I feel a small nagging inclination to multi-account.

DeletedUser

Voting Yes, why Because it sound acceptable Ugh how often I need some BP points. Also it is historically correct, especially in American History, if any of you Americans Know what Im talking about. 1/3 compromise "cough" "cough"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

DeletedUser

But surely once you had killed 3000 militia you would have several cities? Therefore BP starts being really valuable to you because it provides culture points. Also, once you had killed 3000 militia you would likely be in a better position to abuse the system than if you had only killed a few hundred because you will be larger and able to throw troops away more easily.

An idea may be to have it on a curve so that you will always get some BP from militia but the more you have killed before, the less you get per militia.

UGH NEVER THROW AWAY TROOPS RANDOM!!!! Plan Plan Plan!. Strategy is their for a reason1

DeletedUser

Even though it hasn't reached the official end time? It's only 64 votes, and exactly at the level required for being passed.. hardly a landslide majority.

and another thing is that no poll will ever be closed because it has a landslide majority :p 2 weeks is 2 weeks

DeletedUser

and another thing is that no poll will ever be closed because it has a landslide majority :p 2 weeks is 2 weeks

Good, I was panicking :p Still keeping my fingers crossed that there'll be some extra votes in favour of not giving militia BP.

DeletedUser

wen i get on my comp ill be making a thread in forum announcements . . . hopefully that will get more votes in :p

Status
Not open for further replies.