Inactive Topic Rebalancing

• Thread starter DeletedUser10962
  • Start date

DeletedUser10962

Proposal: To rebalance the relationship between LDU and fliers to allow the game to be played in more than one way in CQ worlds

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? nope

Reason: Due to the number of myths now available with favour farming and events they are far more prevelant and their is only one effective way to play the game which is bad for a game that should be open to multiple successful strategies

Details:

The game needs to be rebalanced. We have reached a point where the obvious tactic to avoiding losing a city is now to never have walls. This is because myths are now massively prevelant. I never thought I'd say this but the game actually now generally seems to favour the attacker. This needs to be addressed why because the beauty of grepolis as a game is that more than one tactic should work. Knowing that no walls is always the way to go now destroys the balance. It should be hard to break a siege with fliers it should be a decision you make semi reluctantly now that every siege with 0 wall you send the kitchen sink at and hope you get there first for massive BP.

There are 3 ways in which I would suggest you can rejig the system:

1. First and simplest option not the one I prefer but nerf the fliers. Downpower them by 15% or so to make siege breaks harder and make it worth stopping someone landing on you.

2. Boost LDU stats by 10-15% and also downpower wall effect by 5-10%as otherwise you're going to get massive turtle problems

3. My personal favourite option is for the game to be redesigned to give LDU a buff in stats with every 1k LDU there when the city is in siege only. So every additional 1k of land pop there gives your land units a 0.5 or 1% buff in defence. So even if there is no wall and they stack 20k LDU into the city the fliers are gonna get hurt a lot to start with.

All the numbers are open to adjustment but I think that if we're honest the game is horrifically unbalance by myths at the moment

Visual Aids: none

Balance: This is to balance the game

Abuse Prevention: None

Summary: Rebalance the stats/mechanics of the game to stop the overwhelming influence of fliers

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31385

I'm doubtful this will happen anytime soon due to the recent unit rebalances. I do agree that the flyers are too strong/easily obtainable (one manticore nuke can destroy thousands of DLU easily).

Last edited:

DeletedUser31385

It's less that the nukes are to strong it's that they are to easy to obtain.

Yes, that is the issue. The myths used to take a person a good while to build. Now they can get nukes rebuilt every couple days if not in one day. The only ways to combat that would be to reduce the strength or make them harder to get.

DeletedUser22708

Completely agree with your idea Dom.

Most simple solution would be, downgrade the myth buffs you can obtain in events.

Instead of 6 mantis every hour, make it 1 manti

DeletedUser43325

Agreed with Digi. It's the event fliers that are really to blame for throwing the game out of whack. Yes you can be relatively efficient with creating fliers with active favor farming, but even then it's still only going to favor the ones that are most active and putting in the time and effort to do so. Then you will force people to be selective with siege breaks given the understanding of the effort it takes to create full myth nukes (especially early on) rather then throwing fliers at every siege because they know they can click a button and get 60 more mantis.

DeletedUser35069

One thing they could do to balance out a little is increase the def troop buffs you get from the island quests. At the minute I probably spend half my time rebuilding def. Increase def buffs would go a little ways to balancing out a little.

DeletedUser40768

One thing they could do to balance out a little is increase the def troop buffs you get from the island quests. At the minute I probably spend half my time rebuilding def. Increase def buffs would go a little ways to balancing out a little.

So have a 10% defense boost like the 10% attack boost? That could help. Really Djdom I agree there is an inbalance. I like your idea of nerfing the fliers. Tired of coming out of bp and seeing guys with manti nukes. Or these events could just give better defensive rewards.

DeletedUser35069

No I mean increase the number of def troops the buffs produce.

The city def boosts originally where 30% when they popped up three years ago or so and everyone went nuts about how strong they where which is why I'm guessing they dropped to 5%. A few years back though we didn't have favor farming, stronger myths and events that practically run one after the other. Saying that the def boosts where only from events there wasn't island quests.

DeletedUser

you can't cast a defene buff on a city you have in siege, so that doesn't really help.

DeletedUser43325

You can cast it on the city (cities) from which you have troops protecting that siege and it will boost those troops defense abilities in the siege though. Which a 30% defense buff would be very useful against fliers.

DeletedUser

This is true, though really the solution is much simpler than that, we just need fewer events and smaller flier tokens in the events.

DeletedUser39118

This is true, though really the solution is much simpler than that, we just need fewer events and smaller flier tokens in the events.

but inno needs to keep the cash coming in.

DeletedUser10962

but inno needs to keep the cash coming in.

This is essentially the problem. However we can hope that if they reduce them a little then maybe people will still spend to get them whilst not ruining the game balance. I also don't want it to become the reverse where everyone goes lvl25 wall and stacks as it's impossible to break a siege. I think it would be a nice idea to have a mechanism for LDU in a siege to be stronger than usual so as to not encourage turtling but make taking cities possible.

DeletedUser25249

The problem with tokens is that they are not all equal, lets do an example...4 manty every 9 hrs vs 16 archer every 9hr

thats 1620 pop vs 144 the first hr alone beats the def buff with pop used, so yeah you will get smashed by flyers and there is nothing you can do unless you open the wallet and by res and insta buy the dlu lost as the flyers are always infront.

nice idea dom but inno have a great track record at being slow at fixing the important things.