Recent Outburst and Reposting of Problematic Threads

DeletedUser4013

Attention all Forumers:

You may all be aware that recently InnoGames has sent out its survey to the 1.26 Worlds asking whether they want to be upgraded to the 2.0 System. The survey explained many of the features of the 2.0 System so that those players who have not yet tried 2.0 can understand what would be brought in with the upgrade.

Granted the survey that was sent out had poorly worded questions at the end. I agree with that, and I brought this matter to the attention of InnoGames. They accepted that this was an issue and removed the second question from the survey. In terms of fairness, the survey is only asking whether a player would like the upgrade or not. Simple Yes or No question.

As for the outbursts here on the Forums regarding an exploit in the survey, they were deemed to be disruptive to the Forums by myself, and I also felt that they were competely at odds with the idea of One Player, One Vote. There were some in these Forums who were repeatedly posting this information in every thread they thought it was relevant. Doing so is spamming and trolling the Forums, a breach of the rules. These players felt they were being silenced and created threads instead. Again they were deleted because they breached the rule about reposting a topic or thread that had been deleted by a Mod. In all of these threads, there was a common theme: democracy and let the players be heard. How can it be democratic to inform players how to undermine the vote in the survey? You ask for a display of democracy in the Forums, yet are willing to undermine it given the chance.

When those threads were brought to my attention, I told the Mod Team to only delete the threads and posts which were being disruptive. A few players continued to make posts with this content and also show discontent with perceived censorship of their posts and threads.

My reasons for doing as I did were to ensure that the Forum Community was not disrupted with unnecessary threads and posts about how this survey could be undermined by those few who felt that 'democracy' should rule the day. The posts were continually reposted, time and again instead of being put into the thread that already exists regarding the issue of the upgrade to 2.0. This reposting was keeping me from being able to address the issue in a more sensible manner.