Proposal Reduce the spam of chain lightning reports

• Thread starter DeletedUser29370
  • Start date

DeletedUser29370

Summary:
The defender and supporters of a city targeted by chain lightning should each receive no more than a single report. This is to avoid spam.

Description (/visuals):
The report that a supporter would receive would be in the same format as a 'Player is attacking your support in City' report. Hence, there would be information on total support, total support losses, and if more than one city was supporting the targeted city, there would be information on the support from each city and losses from each city. (Of course with an appropriate title, spell description and symbol for Chain Lightning.)

The report that the owner of the targeted city would receive would have the total defence and total losses (as you'd expect), in addition to the same information as from a support report if applicable (i.e. if the defender was supporting the targeted city from other cities).

Reason:
Currently, when chain lightning is cast on a city you are supporting you receive one report for every city that has troops in the targeted city. This is unnecessary spam, which can be a distraction and small annoyance. A single report would also allow you to immediately see total losses rather than estimating or going through each report. I realise it's not an important issue, but I don't see any disadvantage of having this improved system.

Thanks for reading! ~Alex

Last edited:

DeletedUser29370

on that note, the same problem occurs when support in a ghost town dies - one centralised report would be better than one for each city that has supported the ghost town

DeletedUser29370

Sad to see this has not been addressed after a year.

DeletedUser36697

my only observation wrt multiple reports is.... there are so many lazy numpties playing, they cant be bothered to figure out what city lost what troops, It's hard
you know...counting and subtracting and stuff. so they give each city a report so folks can repair without thinking or figuring their goesintaza's,.

kinda a tongue in cheek reply based on a ton truth..

1saaa

Strategos
So people can't be asked to do some maths (which is basically what grep is)? Just include losses from separate cities in the bottom of the report.

DeletedUser29370

my only observation wrt multiple reports is.... there are so many lazy numpties playing, they cant be bothered to figure out what city lost what troops, It's hard
you know...counting and subtracting and stuff. so they give each city a report so folks can repair without thinking or figuring their goesintaza's,
I think you miss the point. As 1saaa says, just include losses from separate cities in the bottom of the report.
This is consistent with what happens when your support in another city gets attacked.