Refugee?

DeletedUser12512

Yes the leadership jumped ship....to 9.

Not an acurate statement there Fogge. We left long before there was any whisper on the wind of war with VRoD and it certainly wasn't part of our decision making process,we left to a man because we weren't happy with the membersship of Dark and felt we would be better off seperate from the majority of them. If you ask most of them today they will not have liked the decision, but certianly understood it being the alliance (now called Bad Moon) is still without the ability to DO anything, they just exist in spite of themselves and spend their time talking on their forums about what they SHOULD do.

We, at 9, (thanks to jacks inspiration), don't think at all (haha) we just DO.

In fact if you recall from reading the forums we had plans to go to war with VRoD drawn up in case that was the way we went. (Siding with Chillax) Thankfully we didn't pursue those plans and instead have made some good friends out of VRoD membership.

In hindsight all of that is kind of funny, since I believe it was your friends that advocated siding with VRoD over Chillax, and that led us to put he kaibosh on those plans..as well. I included the first posts just for laughs as they were sorta funny now that I look back at them. I can be very tacky.

---
ok11.gif

---
ok41.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I didn't mean you jumped ship to avoid an ongoing war, simply that you jumped to another, new alliance.
I understand that you were fed up with a lot of members, I would have been to if I was a leader back then.

Which leads to my earlier statement. That reasons for you leaving was not apparent to me. Maybe I missed it, but I was pretty active back then.
Reasons given by Jack was that you got rid of the "deadweight", could attack them yourselves, and at the same time getting on good relations with VroD.
I interpreted this as VroD would let you be and side with you since there was so many targets freed up. Basically you sold your members out. This might be wrong, but this was actually the main reason why I didn't join 9 and instead went to work against you.

If this is untrue that's sad cause alot of bad feelings etc could have been avoided, simply by giving information. If i somehow missed several posts about the forming of 9 then duh! on me....

Anyway I would still be where I am today, working 2-3 extra hours a day and with a family now 4 instead of 3, so i would have had to wuit Kappa in either case.

DeletedUser12512

I interprete jack's response to you as him being jack, and not taking the time to form a more sensitive response.

The truth, for myself was that I left because the members of Dark were more concerned about building friendships with everyone rather then treating the game like a game.

After leaving we had no plans, none at all, but to stay small and fight, in fact, it was one of our rules. haha I wasn't permitted to create any ops.

When we had several reports of Dark planning attacks on us, and members stirring the pot against us it became attention worthy and our course of action was to be proactive rather than reactive.

As you can see some of the members of Dark that were most vocal against 9 actually joined us. The rest, we didn't want. Not because they aren't nice people, or even good players, mostly because they didn't share the mentality that this is a war game, and to play it you have to fight.

I think the largest deciding factor for me was simply to get away from what I called 'bleeding heart syndrome' and to continue playing with the friends I had that shared my view of the game. Kill or be killed.

DeletedUser

Nicely put. Atticus. Well explained. Gl and treat my friends at Chillax nicely, they seem to need it....

DeletedUser

I dont remember making any plans to form 9

I dont remember giving anyone advance warning that i was leaving and starting my own alliance

I do remember telling you to join me because i was sick of dead weight, because it was true and i dont see why thats even a topic to be used against us......no alliance likes dead weight

The true reasons (one and only time i am going to say them) that i left Dark

I disliked Hilops inability to make any decisions as a founder
I disliked Zings inability to agree with anything that was put to him
i disliked Smokey-joe activity as a founder and lack of input (he knows this)
I was angry at Ryansface for doing nothing, as with stray
I was annoyed at atticus for getting so angry all the time​

I hated the fact that Atticus and i pretty much did everything in terms of war plans, we made a plan to:

A) fight and beat hasshassins- didnt go ahead (my choice)
B) Help our allies Dominion and fight Vrok (they merged, plan was moot)
C) made plan to fight chillax but guess what, people couldnt get organised enough to make it worth doing​

On top of all this, Dark was full of slackers, dead weight, wimps behind the flag and generally rubbish player

So i left unannounced, unplanned and uncaring as to the consequences

I formed 9 by myself, some people got invites and most did not

You didn't come Fogge and i wish you did. Arshark didnt come and banged the war drums to have me rimmed. The rest did join

the end​

DeletedUser11965

I sure did. =)
----
You want the truth why I hate Dark? O44? Why I join Chillax?

1-Atticus and you were too rough. That is just plain mess-up, you won't let us attack that, you won't let us go do that until you have it organized.

2-O44 is just the worst place I coulda started, I only started there cuz that is where I choose in most worlds but if I would have known I would have join O54.

3-When I left, I had 2 decisions, join VRoD or Chillax. If only I made the right choice but no, I choes the wrong one, even though I chose the wrong one, I had a great time.

DeletedUser

funny how after so many weeks and so many alliance changes this "who left whom" is still pops up :)
to Fogge( and anyone else out there) : yeah, was weird, i agree, but at the end of the day the players who created 9 had their reasons.
they wanted a small group where players are aggressive, work together, sadly that didn't happened in Dark.
to blame the very same players who left for Dark imploding is hypocritical, they left because were frustrated with how things were going, what happened after that proved them right!
also is true, before 9 made their very first move the forum was full with war cries and oaths, nobody even thought about the possibility of people reporting back to them, but we got flabbergasted when they started attacking us????
i would've done the same, there is a threat, we were disorganized, yep, easy target, why blame them for it.
i took the easy way myself, ran to VRoD ( they are a great bunch and i wish them all the best), but i won't blame 9 for that, either.
whilst i never got attacked myself i couldn't make myself turn on former team mates myself (ok, AARP doesn't count, that was fun:cool:).

DeletedUser

Bye and gl!

Thanks Jack for telling. Of course there were reasons for you leaving, and from a game perspective you did, and have since been doing really good.
I was not aware of the leadership not working, but I agree on the many weak members part.

As soon as you left there were talks of attacking, but also talks of waiting, which ended in nothing, mostly because of the issues of to much inactivity etc. You ended that when you atrted attacking. if i remember correctly Smokey-Joe set a siege very early to a maybe inactive Shade-member. But apart from the "we had to attack you first"-statement I respect your reasons much more now, and understand them. Had they been clear at the spilt...I don't know.

Anyways that whole issue was not me intention to bring up, but I am glad it was brought up.

To finalise my topic. War-refugee is not as easy to know as you think.
- I still don't se myself as an attacked refugee at the point of joining Chillax
- I don't se me as a war-refugee from VroD either, becuase I had no way of knowing we were at war from the small scatter of attacks I knew about.
- I was along with my 6 friends who joined Chillax war-refugee from 9, though I didn't know it at the time (I didn't know the term war-refugee at all). However I was honest and upfront in dealings with Chillax.
- We had no Chillax support at any time during more than a week with several attacks, mostly aimed at hilop. So maybe after that it would have been fine for Chillax to accept us, BUT we should have formed an interim alliance earlier and made our intentions clear.

Well that concludes the refugee issue from my side.

Gl to all in Kappa!

DeletedUser

yeah, as somebody just getting into the game it's not surprising that you weren't aware of all the refugee issues. whether or not you were aware, the Chillax leaders who you dealt with certainly should have been aware that you might be classed as a refugee by VRoD and .9. (which is where the tension around the issue came from on our side, as is my understanding)

anyway, you played well and will surely go on the become a fantastic grepo player so good luck in your future servers :)