Refugees of Pella Discussion

DeletedUser

Trust me. With what we saw today im starting to believe that myself. They were almost building biremes as fast as we were destroying them.

There's a few reports floating around which show the city being supported by 100biremes, then an hour later same city 100 biremes, then an hour later same city 100birs, and it just keeps going. :p
You do know biremes can be sent from one city to another right?

DeletedUser

Yes, players can support each other.

People of MOS seem so keen to dish out refugee title, but you aren't following the normal time periods or reasons for calling people refugees. Is this something you feel you can do because you are currently #1 in point rankings? Claiming people use gold and that's why you can't take them easily? It sounds an awful lot like excuses to me.

Just as a refresher because we are on another page - 48 to 72 hours is the usual time someone is a refugee when in a new alliance, and exceptions are only made for great insults/betrayal.

DeletedUser

Trust me. With what we saw today im starting to believe that myself. They were almost building biremes as fast as we were destroying them.

There's a few reports floating around which show the city being supported by 100biremes, then an hour later same city 100 biremes, then an hour later same city 100birs, and it just keeps going. :p
lol, was not the same cities send 100 bir at a time. it was people who had them return from other things that were sending. Yes I may use gold but actually didnt have a reason to use any last night except to build the cs to put the city in siege. Closest city I had with pop was the one I has hit Tyrone earlier from with a slinger nuke. Was just a good group effort just like our group effort to kill the bir you guys had in a city of ours you had under siege for a few hours.

People of MOS seem so keen to dish out refugee title, but you aren't following the normal time periods or reasons for calling people refugees. Is this something you feel you can do because you are currently #1 in point rankings? Claiming people use gold and that's why you can't take them easily? It sounds an awful lot like excuses to me.

Just as a refresher because we are on another page - 48 to 72 hours is the usual time someone is a refugee when in a new alliance, and exceptions are only made for great insults/betrayal.

thats what Ive always thought as well. And cant understand why MOS think the only option for a refugee is boot or war. Never heard that from any other alliance but them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1483

You do know biremes can be sent from one city to another right?

I literally don't even know what your point is. Are you actually trying to explain to me that you can send units from one city to another and thought that I hadn't realised? Or were you just being sarcastic to aggravate me? :S

Ya know.. I knew I'd been missing something. Cheers sapphire. :D

What normal time periods are you talking about that MOS haven't followed? Yes it is customary for an alliance to give 48hrs with no support to any refugee the accept into their alliance. (Tbh When that alliance simply merges with another that's not refugees to be honest, that's plain and simple merging. If 2 alliances merge then that alliance takes on the war of the old one.)

If you follow the thought that they WERE refugees however, then it's obvious that 303 were refugees as admitted by everyone in this post.

The only debate now continuing in this thread is whether or not MOS is being hypocritical. Which i will answer once and for all.

We have accepted one refugee, which was not brought to our attention by 303 until 3days after accepting him. A few days after him joining, 303 started attacking not just that refugee, as they should have been doing, they were attacking several of our oldest members too. (If they wanted to make an actual refugee claim about him). The refugee in question who joined us, Bair N, received no help for 48hrs as per standard procedures and quite frankly he didn't ask for any.

Anything I missed please bring it up and I will try my best to answer it logically. Please don't be sarcastic as to my in-game ability and know how.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just so we are clear, i have never said 303 are refugees. I'm not directly involved with the conflict - just interested in the evolution of Refugee in this world.

By your own words the 303 alliance merged into Silver, so does that mean they are not refugees? So the MOS attacks on Silver are unfounded...unless they are running from war - which contradicts what you have just said.

DeletedUser

Honestly this back and forth comments getting bit annoying IMO i dont like people who run when things get tough and IMO 303 started war with us and they ran to silver when they knew they had no chance.

Also with regards using gold most people in top 50 do and most people who use it just for commander captain etc well thats all i use it for myself but Ella ya gotta admit it IMO you guys really overuse gold like halfing units and navy shouldnt even be allowed in my eyes but grep do make their money well cause seems alot you guys half units and navy alot.

Also everyone enjoy the war and most important have fun :)

DeletedUser1483

Just so we are clear, i have never said 303 are refugees. I'm not directly involved with the conflict - just interested in the evolution of Refugee in this world.

By your own words the 303 alliance merged into Silver, so does that mean they are not refugees? So the MOS attacks on Silver are unfounded...unless they are running from war - which contradicts what you have just said.

303 merged with silver, so they are refugees because they started a war with us and then left. Either way you look at it. They were refugees. MOS attacks on silver aren't unfounded.

I literally do not know what that last line means. Im thinking of creating a video on YouTube entitled "Leave MOS alone" which will feature me and several of our key members crying and weeping to the camera about how you are all bullying us and we just want to have fun and save n00bs. :'(

DeletedUser

Leave MOS alone? We have all seen a certain MOS player picking fights here....even before this new war ;)

There are a lot of players who use gold in this game and quite bluntly that is not the point of this particular thread so if you want to continue discussing it then feel free to start another thread to do so. This thread is for our refugee discussion so THAT wasn't off topic, we don't need an off topic discussion from MC do we? :p

Refugee wise; how does the title effect alliances besides Silver and MOS? I'd be interested in hearing from The Chosen Few, who have picked up a few members who in the old days would have worn that title.

DeletedUser29400

What normal time periods are you talking about that MOS haven't followed? Yes it is customary for an alliance to give 48hrs with no support to any refugee the accept into their alliance. (Tbh When that alliance simply merges with another that's not refugees to be honest, that's plain and simple merging. If 2 alliances merge then that alliance takes on the war of the old one.)

Chris

303 merged with silver, so they are refugees because they started a war with us and then left. Either way you look at it. They were refugees. MOS attacks on silver aren't unfounded.

So which is it?

DeletedUser

wow, my brain hurts from reading all those messages, especially SS. I think she is trolling us.

DeletedUser1483

I honestly couldn't care less. Either way it leads to war. That was my point.

Jeese you guys are picky.

DeletedUser

I'm not trolling, I am genuinely interested in the effect of refugees on Pella. Not all refugees have caused a war in this world. This thread isn't for the MOS/Silver war discussion either - if you like i can make another thread for that.

I would still like to hear from The Chosen Few - No one yet has disputed that they have taken in refugees.

DeletedUser5554

Ell lets be fair here...NOBODY took storm seriously past week 4 it was evident they were doomed to die. also im pretty sure 303 wasn't even trying with storm either as while checking the BoM lists and taking my notes about things i saw only a handful of 303 conquests from time to time...while apparent it was an active engagement either they sucked at finishing fights or they didn't really care very much.

the fact that attacks were sent a WEEK later without warning is total bull. and the fact you took them in KNOWING this if you are as good as allies as you say and are trying to play the pity card for your own actions right away would be a huge middle finger to anyone not just MoS so them trying to fight you over it is 100% understandable in my book. it seems people try to paint MoS as the bad guys...i see that anyone who tried has also intially started something...its like punching a person in the face then asking the police why you are under arrest...

as for chrisg it is easy to merge without starting a war kick out the refugees.

a refugee in my book is someone who is actively farmed, has or has had a cs in them in the past 48 hours, or has been revolted in the past 48 hours, or anything involving losing cities in the past 48 hours...you get my point if someone fits ANY of these criteria they are a refugee.

DeletedUser

That's some interesting points, so you would not even accept someone into your alliance if you knew they had a CS in their city less than 48 hours before they talked to you?

DeletedUser

If you only read the mails that Volsung was sending me and my co-founder since Havoc broke up you would see things differently. After we took the first in and were threatened with war we figued we would ask if the others wanting to join us would also be called refugees. No matter who we asked him about even people they had never once spied or attacked (so no way a refugee) he would say if we let them in and they had cities outside of o54 they would attack them. And they did. They even started spying on members who had been in Silver since day 1. and this was way before we took in 303 and the war was started. It was obvious they wanted a war even though we did not and even if 303 were not here they would probably have found some other excuse to start it.

Also you seem a bit mixed up on timeframe. it was not a week later they started attacking. Bair N hadnt even been in MOS a week when the war started and Im sure MOS said they were fighting 303 a few days before 303 came to us.

DeletedUser

Well now that was me Ella i spied on the yank 80k silver and no report but the reason for that was i like attacking i cant help myself so i figured id have peak what he had in the city it wasnt to start a war was cause i was bored

DeletedUser5554

That's some interesting points, so you would not even accept someone into your alliance if you knew they had a CS in their city less than 48 hours before they talked to you?

nooooo?? i clearly said anyone in those points are a refugee im not gonna give ell the business for doing something along those lines then turn right around and say i'd do it too....

and actually ella i can understand your side but you need to look deeper into things. havoc and 303 both did a pretty insulting actions towards them id want them all gone too....

DeletedUser

Well now that was me Ella i spied on the yank 80k silver and no report but the reason for that was i like attacking i cant help myself so i figured id have peak what he had in the city it wasnt to start a war was cause i was bored

Yeah it was you, although it wasnt TheYank you spied on and you were not the only one. Im sure if we had done the same to one of your cities or started attacking the cities you had in our ocean like you were attacking the ones we had in your, you would have gone to war with us. But I let you get away with all those things as well as taking cities in our ocean for no reason (which was the only thing I asked Volsung not do do) And I never started a war over it.

We even had a long discussion and in it I thought we had came to an understanding that it was ok to take in redugees if wanted. Even if you guys had wanted any of the HOW or TSL players you could take them and I wouldnt care.