Relocating?

DeletedUser

HI

Another player conquered my city (With my agreement) on the understanding that I would restart near to him and join his alliance.

He gave me this link

http://en.grepolis.com/invite-14958...itation_mac=4d15c7e2&ref=player_invite_linkrl

Which after I "ghosted" my city I found didn't work..

Sorry, registering in Eubea is no longer possible, since this world is already full.

Which was a little annoying.. is this likely to change anytime soon.

My other concern is that this plan was doomed anyway.. I have some gold already in my account so wished to keep using it.. which I was told would be fine. But this thread seems to indicate otherwise.

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showth...e-existing-players-to-my-island-in-this-world

One thing to note is that you can not invite someone to a world, if they already have a registered account. If your friend already has an account on other worlds, they will either need to start on this world in a random location and hope to be close to you, or will have to register a new account in order to use your link.

Was I mislead into agreeing this deal or do I just need to wait a while for there to be space in the server?

Thanks

DeletedUser19042

You'll just need to while until there's new space in the world. Currently that world is full, but daily there are people leaving the server. So you should be able to join it soon. :)

DeletedUser

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if there is anywhere I can check to see if the server is open again?

Also ... will the link he sent work for me or will it only work for new accounts. I've bought some gold to I'm reluctant to start another account.. and I kinda like my account name!

DeletedUser

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if there is anywhere I can check to see if the server is open again?

Also ... will the link he sent work for me or will it only work for new accounts. I've bought some gold to I'm reluctant to start another account.. and I kinda like my account name!

you'll need to quit server.. then the link will work

DeletedUser5819

I don't recognise the quote from Corinthian II. The only thing he can mean is that you cannot invite a player that is already registered on that server. So long as you have quit the server it should not be a problem.
Invite new friends or players who have already registered, to this world. Each newly registered player will earn you 200 gold once they reach 1000 points. You can only conquer the seas if you have many allies.
The guy inviting you has a vested interest in you making a new account name because then when you get to 1000 points he gets 200 free gold.

I could just be cynical here, but I would not trust someone who says "let me have your city and I will invite you to be near us and join our Alliance."
Why?
Because you pay up before he has to do anything.
When you restart you will have no strength and be easy to squash.
If you restart with a new name he would nurture you till he gets his gold and then what is to stop him taking your city again, since he will be so far ahead of you now?
If you restart with your original name then he might say you broke the deal, and so you would just be farmed.

He may be a really decent guy of course, but to me it does not add up at all. If your city was close enough for him to want it then it would be close enough for you to join anyway.

I am sorry, but I think you may have been suckered.

The only way I know to see if a world is open is to start the login process, choose Other Worlds and see if it turns up on the list. Be alert though because if you are not concentrating, and it is there, you might click it, and then you would have made an account on the world again. Also, be prepared for it to open and close a lot as people take the available spaces when they appear.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks siorloin.. I appreciate what you are saying about the trust issue but I'm hoping he was being straight with me.
I'd been happily building for a few weeks when he started scouting me.. I realised then what was happening and had flashbacks to tribal wars which has a similar weakness imho.
The problem a sI see it is that it's had for new active players to succeed...I was bigger than anyone else on my island simply due to my actvity.. but not experienced enough to get into a decent alliance. Without support I honestly couldn't see any way of preventing him taking my city.. sure I have a few defence troops.. but I doubt they would have done much to slow him down without backup. My alliance was ed in the top ten for my ocean but was full of barely active players.
I remember the same thing happened repeatedly in tribal wars until I quit. I was too active to maintain a low profile but not big enough to hold onto my villages.

I figured it was better to lose my city and end up in a better position e.g. in his alliance and under his protection... than fighting.. losing and ending up nowhere.

As it stands currently I CBA to rebuild where I am.. only to lose it all.

I could play like it seems the majority do. . log in one a day for five minutes .. and not build anything worth stealing - but that's just dull!

DeletedUser

Build an army, not buildings.
If you put more res into building an army rather than building buildings, you will obviously still grow, but slightly slower.
And if anyone does come along, you'll be able to defend yourself properly.

In this situation, the link should work fine but you may be better off simply joining again on the rim. The only thing is that he won't get his gold because your account won't be new.

Have you read any of the wiki?
many helpful pages and guides on there :) http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/

DeletedUser

Thanks..the problem I had was farm space. Even if I focused on troops can a single city really defend against a bigger player without support?

DeletedUser

yes, level 25 wall/tower and full farm/ thermal baths will give you over 2000 trooops

DeletedUser

But surely the same goes for an offensive city?

you should be fine up to the ~4x strength (vanilla)

for details play a little bit with the simulator and discover the importance of a wall and the tower as mentioned and defending/attacking unit variations

DeletedUser

But no, really you do need to be in an alliance to succeed.
It may be worth checking out some of the premades that will join the next world and going in with one of them :)

DeletedUser

Thanks for the advice.. from what I have researched I cannot see how a single city player can resist a bigger player from conquering. I probably am better off waiting for another server.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the advice.. from what I have researched I cannot see how a single city player can resist a bigger player from conquering. I probably am better off waiting for another server.
Sniping and being active are the biggest tools a small player in a bad alliance can use to maintain control of their city.

DeletedUser

Try a world with option morale = ON

DeletedUser

Yeah..sniping is fun..I was an expert on Travian. But I thought it was harder here as there was an inbuilt time variation making it hard to know exactly when they hit?

DeletedUser

Yes there is anti-timer so your snipe can be a few seconds back or a few seconds forward.

DeletedUser

Seems like they didn't like me posting here. The player who took my city has told me that he is hurt by my post? I've reread what I wrote and cannot see that I've said anything negative about them though?
Sadly one of the alliance leaders has also messaged me and said that he never liked the deal I had as it would lead to concerns about me making other deals whilst part of the alliance. I did reply to express my sadness that he hasn't told me that in the beginning but it seems he's decided to block me now. :-(

I guess my only option now is to move on and find a new server.

I like the idea of a server with morale switched on..are there many of these?

Thanks

DeletedUser19042

I like the idea of a server with morale switched on..are there many of these?

Thanks
A better questions would be if there worlds without morale ;)

Basically there are more Morale worlds than non-morale worlds. But not really that it's obvious. :D

DeletedUser5819

Your post could not have offended him (mine might have). It is just the convenient excuse he needs for what he always intended imho.

You should definitely choose a morale world. There are more morale worlds than non-morale worlds, you just got unlucky with Eubea. The next 2 are morale, and the newest is probably still new enough to try joining. Better than Eubea for sure.

It is a slower world though, so it will feel different.

World Hermonassa (en72)
Created: January 3rd, 2014
Settings: Speed - 1 Unit Speed - 2; Alliance Cap - 400; Beginners Protection: 5 Days; Revolt; Morale - Active