Remembering the Old Ones

DeletedUser28137

I just am taking time to remember some of the old alliances who brought good players into this world, made a lasting impact, or are just fun to reminisce about. I figured with all the arguing nowadays, it would be refreshing to just have a thread to reminisce.

First is The Dark Punishers. They existed since the beginning of the world and lasted for about a month. They collapsed due to awful leadership from donjuanas. They were often fighting against Black Rain, and the war was fairly even. TDP was much larger and had a better average, but Black Rain had better leadership, with Que Demonios as their leader. TDP produced many great players that are in this world, including manster03, rileigh01, TOVs, and BoneJumper, among many more.

Next is Red Rockets. After TDP fell apart this is where I went. RR was an alliance that was originally called Sosa, and they had existed from the beginning of the world. They became large when they merged with their pact member, JUNK. After the merger JUNK changed its name to Slap and Tickle and became a tiny academy of sorts. The leadership for this alliance was great, with iShogun coming in from Sosa and BDG2 from JUNK. I always interacted with Shogun more, but both were fabulous leaders. RR harbored many great players such as dimitra1, TOVs again, and DarkSidius.

Another alliance is Soldiers of Anarchy. They existed since the beginning of the world and were doing fairly well, even managing to get up to 4th in the world. However, Eviction Notice and Unity stepped in and annihalated them. I believe SoA was EN's first stepping stone to becoming as large as it is today. Most members from SoA left to join EN or Wargasm eventually after SoA collapsed. Some members from SoA are gumpster, minorGP, and juvecal.

Next on the list is Romanian Fighters. They lasted from the beginning of the world till about mid-May. They were brought down by Eviction Notice and No Pants Allowed both attacking them, and also, I hear, because of Vacation Mode and poor leadership. However, they produced some decent players into this world, and also the former largest player, bdf1987.

Next is Black Rain. They existed from the beginning of the world, and although they never got very large in proportion to the top alliances, they were a very good alliance that held their own for an extremely long time. They were brought down by Wargasm, and I am not exactly sure what happened though. However, they brough many good players into this world and I will forever remember them.

Now there is ATALANTE. They were a good alliance based mostly in the NW part of the world. They brought some decent players into this world and were taken down by No Pants Allowed after a lengthy run in the world. Then Dire Wolves sprang up and started to feed on the leftover cities. But they shall always be remembered.

Next is W.A.R turned Drunken Monkeys. They lasted for awhile as well. I remember W.A.R disbanded because of a stupid leader, (I forget his name) and then reformed under a much better name. They were brought down I think by combined assault of Black Rain and Wargasm, but managed to hold their own for awhile. They brought players such as Iceland, kel0sss, BigScare, into the other alliances after they collapsed.

Thracia is up next. Some may not remember them, but they were also at war with TDP. Most of their players left after a short stint of about a month, same as TDP but a few days shorter. Thracia members then formed a new alliance called Myonia Guard, who lasted for around another month. Players brought into the world by Thracia include gwantagor, grrdtrrs, unexplained74 and JazzPri.

I would also like to talk about **PirateS**. They existed since the beginning of the world as well. Forever at war with TLOL, and then Red Mist as well. They still exist, and are in the top 15, but are not large enough to be considered the same alliance they were before, at least by my standards. I shall always remember the name shuffling, when Red Mist changed their name to **PirateS*** and a guy from Pirates left to create an alliance called Red Mist so RM couldn't take their name back. Petty squabbling but funny to watch. **PirateS** brought many great players into this world and should not be forgotten.

Last I would like to speak of Red Mist themselves. Ahhh, where to start. Many thought they would win the world. Many thought they were so powerful no one could bring them down. Then much smaller EN comes in and smashes them to bits, along with No Pants Allowed and **PirateS**. I am sure there are many toehr stories as to why they fell, but I do not know them.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

Most of these alliances that make the honorable mentions category existed mostly in the early stages of the game and were brought down relatively early. Some were not, but still make this category in my mind.

Misfits
Gods of Midgard
Janissaries
GaMe oVeR
SHUSH
Collectors
Hades Confederacy
W.T.F (although did not exist in beginning of the world)

If I am forgetting anyone, please let me know and I will add them.

DeletedUser

Hmmm once again seems you are leaving out very pertinent information. Probably the biggest alliance that was on this server since the beginning of the world was LOL. They were number one for a month or so, and you were with them for over a month, but I'm sure its just another brain fart on your part :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28137

Hmmm once again seems you are leaving out very important information. Probably the biggest alliance that was on this server since the beginning of the world was LOL. They were number one for a month or so, and you were with them for over a month, but I'm sure its just another brain fart on your part :p
You try to find fault with everything I do.

I did not include TLOL because they have existed until very recently. This is for older alliances. Or was there a brain fart on your part?

DeletedUser

You try to find fault with everything I do.

I did not include TLOL because they have existed until very recently. This is for older alliances. Or was there a brain fart on your part?

I can't believe you ever wrote a paper. TLOL has been here since the very beginning. Its so funny how clueless you are. :heh: TLOL was the oldest alliance on the server *facepalm* -__-

DeletedUser28137

Yes I know that but THEY EXISTED UNTIL VERY RECENTLY

DeletedUser

It has almost been 2 months since they disbanded, so it has to be 3 months for it not to be recent? The two alliances that had the biggest impact on this world until they were eliminated were Red mist and TLOL and you left one of them out. A big reason the current alliances are where they are today are because what they did or didn't do.

DeletedUser28137

It has not been two months. They disbanded on 6-25. No that is not old enough for me because most people remember them being here and remember most details about them. Anyway, this thread was made for the purpose of not arguing, as was put in the very first part of this thread. So please stop arguing with me and focus on the thread or don't post here anymore.

DeletedUser33530

This is a nice thread. I'm shocked Hades Confederacy got on this list (thanks for that by the way) but still it was nice.

DeletedUser33530

Your welcome. I would plus rep it but I need to spread reps around first.

DeletedUser

TLOL was the oldest alliance on the server *facepalm* -__-

False. TLOL was ONE of the oldest alliances on the server but there are still a few left that have been there since Day 1 and I think they'll be harder to wipe away then you think. :)

As for the Remembrance, it is quite nice. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your take on the alliances that have come and gone during the server! Oh the good ole days of villainy, skirmishes and vanquishing those not stubborn enough to hold on for dear life!!!

My personal favorite for most over-exaggerated would be SHUSH - the server was scared of them and made a coalition to take them down then BOOM! Gone in a flash and their members swallowed by Red Mist.

I believe there is a correction for ATALANTE; their members were not taken down by NPA. A few chose to join, others chose to quit and it was quite a loss for the western portion of the server. No other alliance has been quite as stubborn as ATALANTE was.

Romanian Fighters is another personal favorite of mine, though I believe they were pacted with EN at the time of their demise, not being attacked by them. It just goes to show you that with the right pressures applied, anything can happen. Still - a solid core that disbanded under unusual circumstances.

One extra I'd love to mention - Knights of Templar. Until just recently they remained a part of the server, small, but there. Even after being rimmed (twice maybe?) they held on and battled each corner of the world until eventually blowing away with the wind. Truly a group of perseverance!

Again - thank you for the quick trip down memory lane. If I could rep you, I would! TARIHOOOOO!

DeletedUser

How many were here since the beginning that are here now? I think its only EN and NPA if I'm not mistaken.

DeletedUser41851

Nice one DDfan. Enjoyed reading it as I did not know all of what was going on early in the world. But RF was not taken down by EN. That was down to bad choices by leadership and NPA IMO.

DeletedUser

Great read. LOL still lives on through a few of us. Atalante still lives on in NPA. In my eyes, we were the most resilient group ever lol, but I guess I see why it was not mentioned as we were last to disband. Should have maybe thrown Whathell in the mix though. He would prob still be tugging at the #1 spot if he were still around. All in all though, glad to see something new on the forum. Thanks!

DeletedUser

How many were here since the beginning that are here now? I think its only EN and NPA if I'm not mistaken.

Was Eviction Notice here from the beginning? I was under the impression they were a late formation but you learn something new each day!

No Pants Allowed, HARPOON (sort of), **PirateS** (they still exist!), Wargasm (could have been a late formation as well . . .)

That's all I've got! :)

DeletedUser33530

Was Eviction Notice here from the beginning? I was under the impression they were a late formation but you learn something new each day!

No Pants Allowed, HARPOON (sort of), **PirateS** (they still exist!), Wargasm (could have been a late formation as well . . .)

That's all I've got! :)
Eviction notice was not here from the beginning. i would guess they were formed like a month in and got pretty lucky.

DeletedUser28137

Yeah I used grepostats and it said that RF had many cities taken by NPA and EN in their final days. Maybe there is more to it than that. If anyone has any stories to tell about it I am sure we would all love to hear!

DeletedUser

Ya I wasn't sure, I couldn't remember seeing them but I thought I had. Beta Crew and NPA have been here from the beginning though. Ya EN got almost instantaneous control of two oceans when RM fell so quickly, having two safe oceans to send units to the front lines to makes it a lot easier to defend.