Passed remove farm losses from wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser22650

Proposal: remove losses taken conquering farms from the wall

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?: yes i had a quick scan but if missed it i apologize

Reason: because kills gained taking the farms arnt added so it messes up my painstakingly achieved kill ratio

Details: allready covered, its a fairly simple tweak

Visual Aids: n/a

Balance: n/a

Abuse Prevention: n/a

Summary: remove farm losses from the wall or add the kills gained so that it go's back to showing a true kill ratio

DeletedUser

I agree ... farm killing does not affect your Battle Points, so it should not affect your wall.

DeletedUser22650

the wall gets worse when you end up with tons of other ppls on your defence losses, i used to pride myself on having very few attackers on there...shared dbp is good but no need to ruin my wall :(

DeletedUser

I'd have to agree with this. The only other alternative would be to give battle points, even if half, for killing farm troops. At least they're a one time thing.

DeletedUser19554

i agree too. phoenix get this in to vote

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree with TaskCo ... I would like to see Farm Kills included in BP ... city defence also ... just as a % of what it would be against a player (maybe 25%). City Defence could give say 10% BP ratio (eg: kill 100 city guards get 10 BP).

DeletedUser22650

i dont want free bp (free as in farms aint hitting back so no risk) i just want my clean ratio back and everyone i have a tripwire at not polluting my defence half with slings and ls' ;/

DeletedUser

I support this. I don't think it would be a good idea to allow for Battle Points to be gained through farming villages, as it may be abused (intentionally putting farms into revolt, so they can be hit again and again for free battle points), but certainly to remove losses from the wall would be a good idea.

DeletedUser

this idea has been switched to Pending . . . wat that means is that this idea is ready to be put in a poll and will be voted on in the near future :)

please continue to post your feedback on this idea

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Agree with Dux Bellorum...my defense numbers are wacky.

In theory, I would actually go one step further and say that city wall should reflect only the kills of its own city. Why not? Almost every other building is city-specific (only the Temple is shared), the Academy researches are city-specific.

A City-specific wall might actually help us to determine if city A's attack/defense model is better than city B's or C's! (Example: if A's slinger/hop ratio is 2:1 and B's is 1:1 and C's is 1:2...which one has been more successful? Check that city's Wall!)

DeletedUser

This idea will be moved to the re-vote discussion section, when there are 3 improvements in that section i feel are ready to be revoted on, i will put another poll up.

Please continue to post any thoughts on this idea, to help improve it.

DeletedUser

Technically we need to decide whether or not you gain BP from farms, and from there; the choice for this will become easier. If you get BP from farms, then you should obviously have your losses and kills on a wall, but if not; then this would be ideal.

DeletedUser19043

I agree.
But maybe show how much militia is killed in the wall just not added up with the rest of the troops. Like below everything.

DeletedUser

Technically we need to decide whether or not you gain BP from farms, and from there; the choice for this will become easier. If you get BP from farms, then you should obviously have your losses and kills on a wall, but if not; then this would be ideal.

I definitely think that BP should not be gained from farming villages, because it would be possible to purposefully put villages in revolt and get easy kills for BP. I still support this idea, that losses against farming villages should not appear on the wall, though.

I agree.
But maybe show how much militia is killed in the wall just not added up with the rest of the troops. Like below everything.

This is about troops that you lose when attacking farming villages, not militia.

DeletedUser21392

A farming village should not supply BP because the occupying troops take up 0 population. The point of a farming village is for you to kill all of the occupying troops and take resources from the village. Awarding BP and resources from them would give too much of a bonus and encourage turtling.

Status
Not open for further replies.