Rendering Programmes

Lugosi

Strategos
Downloaded SketchUp onto my laptop as I've taken up Design & Technology - Product Design AS Level this year at college (woo third year). Wanting to get more familiar with it but also would like to know about good 3D rendering programmes (free) which I can use to bring my 3D designs to life. At a University Open Day I used a programme called KeyShot which was simple and pleasing but not free. For now I've downloaded the free Maxwell Render Plug-In for SketchUp but I feel there is probably better free rendering programmes around.

I know this isn't usual territory for FX but if someone does know they'll be located here.

Varun

Strategos
Downloaded SketchUp onto my laptop as I've taken up Design & Technology - Product Design AS Level this year at college (woo third year). Wanting to get more familiar with it but also would like to know about good 3D rendering programmes (free) which I can use to bring my 3D designs to life. At a University Open Day I used a programme called KeyShot which was simple and pleasing but not free. For now I've downloaded the free Maxwell Render Plug-In for SketchUp but I feel there is probably better free rendering programmes around.

I know this isn't usual territory for FX but if someone does know they'll be located here.

Well, there's Blender, K-3D, Art of Illusion, Sculptris and suchlike which are free and good. Of course, this does include Google Sketchup which you have downloaded.

Otherwise there is always AutoCAD out there. I even hear that UniGraphics is good as well. :)

Lugosi

Strategos
So those are purely rendering programmes and not 3D creation packages? I'm happy with SketchUp and its tools I just want a rendering plugin/programme which renders my designs created in SketchUp.