Rep?

DeletedUser

I see a lot of talk about reputation here on the forums, but what does it actually mean? I have gotten a couple of +Rep's in my notifications but have no clue what it means?

(not sure if this is where this question goes, if not, sorry, let me know where/how and I will move it to the right spot)

DeletedUser

Oh, well, lol, If people aren't hating me, I aint doing my job right. ....

DeletedUser

Bro, I'm a cop in the Army, I either have off people doing dumb , or anti-military nut jobs hating on me. I aint used to people not hating me...so I might as well enjoy it :)

DeletedUser6029

On a serious note :p
Rep is just an unnofficial way for fellow posters to know if you are a "spammer' or actually have something to say. There are many ways to get rep, a lot of people have rep from begging for it, it was a problem in the past, and for the moment undeserved rep isn't an issue.
You can get rep by your PnPs and by debating....which is much harder in my opinion because people derep just if your opinion differs from theirs. Basically to sum it up, rep is just your reputation on the forum....people tend to take those with red rep with a grain of salt.

DeletedUser37666

They way I get alot of my reps are by doing Top 12's, and really crappy PnP's :p

DeletedUser6029

One thing I forgot to add regarding the reps...it is considered polite to sign your reps both good and bad. Many people are afraid to admit when they -rep someone, but the truth is, with as many people on here who don't cheat on rep, if someone were to retaliate rep for a negative rep, it won't be a long term thing, because if you post well, and take it serious, the revenge rep will very quickly be overcome.

DeletedUser37666

yeah, so say if someone -reps you... Unsigned, just think to yourself they obviously didn't have a good enough reason because they didn't put their name in

DeletedUser25787

I got my minus rep on idalium forums when demon and i had a bad introduction :p

DeletedUser

having high rep means that you are awesome and better at life than other people, that sort of thing :p

Evidence from Lane and Iceddragon proves otherwise :D strangely enough right when I was writing 'Lane' the commercial for smurf 2 came on...the smurf on it looked suspiciously like Phoenix -.-...anyways sorry for the spam, back on track....even though I'm not sure what on track is...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Bro, I'm a cop in the Army, I either have off people doing dumb , or anti-military nut jobs hating on me. I aint used to people not hating me...so I might as well enjoy it :)

-3.2 rep

Military breeds disobedience