Rep

DeletedUser4013

Ok, this thread has gone off-topic and needs to return to being on the topic of Reputation and how it works, if you can figure it out.

DeletedUser

How many reps do you have to "spread around" before you can rep the same person twice?

I keep finding some people make more sense than others.

DeletedUser

I acutally believe it is a time period of 24 hours or so before you can rep somebody again.

Im going to rep the person above me everytime i post here in good will.

DeletedUser

Heres some info I worked out:
  • You can rep 15 people every 24 hours.
  • To rep the same person twice, you have to rep between 15-20 others. So the minimum you have to wait is 24 hours before you rep someone again.

DeletedUser

Little bit more info.

Your repping power (How many points you give to someone) depends on 3 factors:
  • How long you have been registered on the forum
  • How many posts you have
  • How many rep bars you have

So someone who registered yesterday with 10 posts and 1 rep bar will have a lower repping power than someone who registered in January with the same number of posts and rep.

DeletedUser

Also people with negative rep cannot influence the reputation of others in any way. I get a few of these "i hate u coz u have high rep" dereps a day :p

DeletedUser

Yeh some noob called downrehero derepped me. Said he didn't believe me.

DeletedUser

Sad thing is shawnpal and bananasqwe the Downrep hereo's are going to make rep get banned again by abusing it

DeletedUser

Rep was banned, so Banana or Shawn did that. Hmmmmm weird.

DeletedUser

When you click on the scales under a forumer's username you see a box where you can choose whether you "approve" or "disapprove" of that specific post. Most forumers call these "rep" and "derep" respectively. When repping people you should give a reason and sign it or you may be considered impolite. After you have done this, confirm.

DeletedUser

you obviously don't get derepped by anyone with any rep bars Aicy ;)