Passed Report organization (folders improvement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrillology

Phrourach
Proposal: I'd like to see us being able to have attack reports automatically go into a specific folder rather than us having to manually move them to the folder, and also I would like a "publish all" option since there's players like me who get 20-50+ attacks each day.

Reason: Have you ever tried publishing multiple attack reports with slow internet or a slow computer? There's tons of lag. Also, say you've woken up in the morning before work (or in other cases, school, appointments, other business) and you want to quickly publish reports so that players know what's attacking you, you can't sit there in the morning after sleeping for (example) eight hours and publishing 70+ attack reports, that would take forever! Also, not to mention going through other reports such as spells or support and trying to dig out reports that open in the inbox window causing your inbox to reset its page when you return, that's irritating and very annoying.

Details: I think there should be an option for when you create a new folder (in the Manage Folders section) that says, "Automatically send attack reports here" or "Automatically send all reports here" (the italics can be replaced with attack, support, spells, and maybe trade, but we already have a trade section), then also being able to set an auto-delete for "Automatically delete reports after x (in hours or days) hours/days" (depending on what the developers want).

At the bottom there would be an option (at the bottom of the reports page next to "mark all") that says, "Publish all", and then you would get a BB code that compiles all of the reports.

Visual Aids:
Here is the new "Manage Folder" when you select a folder to "manage". Notice instead of only being able to rename a current folder, you'll have an option underneath it for automatically sending reports to. There should be a drop down window for the italics that say, "[insert type of report]" with the listed options of attack reports, support, spells, or "all" (even though the inbox is already the default destination for reports, except for trade)
image1manager.JPG (before)
editedimage1manager.jpg (after)

Inbox (default location/current/most used for reports in the current Grepolis)
image3inbox.jpg (before)
image3inbox2.jpg (after)

Attacks folder (my personal archive that I haven't used :p)
image2manager.jpg (before)
image2publishreportsmanager.jpg (after)

Balance/Abuse Prevention: No abuse possible! Only players that don't know about this feature or won't use this feature will be at a loss, so using it will make life easier!

Ehh, I can't get rid of the thumbnail, I forgot to blackout the player's name and well, now that image is stuck in the thumbnail.

Attachments

• image2manager.JPG
    image2manager.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

DeletedUser

I see what you mean and it sounds like a good idea, at least better than sitting there forever.

DeletedUser

Let me clarify. Better that sitting there forever organizing, publishing, and deleting.

DeletedUser

Oh my gosh yes.

This would be amazing if I could use the auto-move feature to filter out support reports. I sorely hope that this idea makes it.

Thrillology

Phrourach
Oh my gosh yes.

This would be amazing if I could use the auto-move feature to filter out support reports. I sorely hope that this idea makes it.

Exactly. I was hoping Inno would add this for over a year now, and I'd expect players would have already posted this idea, but I guess no one has yet.

Thanks.

DeletedUser

I agree with this idea!

I have a fast connection most of the time and even then it's a pain to publish multiple reports. A plus from me! :)

~ Lane

Thrillology

Phrourach
I have a question, why were so many threads moved in the idea section?
(this is also a post to bump the thread to the top of the list)

DeletedUser

Nice bump xD

Yes from me, anything that makes Grepolis easier to manage automatically get's my approval.

DeletedUser31161

one question do you play Athens? i know these cities... they are in the same area... actually i took 2 of those cities you showed in your pics

DeletedUser

Most of them were rejected ideas so were in the process of being moved to archives. I always leave a one day redirect so everyone knows it was moved. ;)

~ Lane

Status
Not open for further replies.