Research points for CS and Conquest

• Thread starter DeletedUser21297
  • Start date

DeletedUser21297

Colony ship and Conquest doesn't require research points to research them in Academy, and description says we need (or don't need) 0 research points.
Now we can research both technologies if we have 1 free point, but not if we have (minus) -1 free point.

My question is what zero (0) in this case stands for?
capture.png

DeletedUser

i would hazard a guess to say that the "0" means that you need to have at least 0 free research points in your academy to research that tech - the same as how something requiring 10 RP needs you to have at least 10 free RP to research it :D

DeletedUser21297

i would hazard a guess to say that the "0" means that you need to have at least 0 free research points in your academy to research that tech - the same as how something requiring 10 RP needs you to have at least 10 free RP to research it :D
RP is price/cost, not requirement. If price for some tech is 10 RP, you need 10 RP to pay for it, but if its 0, then.. Its free. And minus 1 spent RP is still enough to pay for free stuff. :p

I was actually wondering something else when I notice this about 0... Is 0 used same way for everything in this game?

If I build farm just enough high to cover population used for buildings, and I demolish farm by accident for few levels (or someone else do it on purpose :p ... Can I rebuild farm which doesn't use/cost any population, when population is minus?

DeletedUser

Excuse me, pardon me... I'll have to intervene here. A response will be required from someone who is more experienced here at translating from English to nanatean, for those of you who find her confusing.

To answer your last question, yes, you get negative population space if someone bolts your farm when you have a city with all the farm space consumed, but you can still rebuild the farm level. Same should apply here to the research, otherwise you're dealing with a glitch in the game if you cannot use it. My guess would be that a zero value displays incorrectly as something that cannot be used in the academy, which could be a minor bug in itself.