Responses To Down-Rep Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

After de-repping a mod (Eclipse) with a perfectly legitimate point I find myself de-repped on a perfectly on topic post on which i was giving an un-questionable remark yet i get this-

"I hate spam ~ Eclipse"

This is an abuse of the rep system by the mods just for de-repping. Mods claim they want to make us use the rep system properly yet can't even use it themselves? Pathetic, how can we respect mods and therefore learn and listen to them if they do not use what they operate themselves properly?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Usually people don't rep people who suck, no matter how much the person in question begs.

My posts have a specific quality in which I use to hipnotise other people to crave the honour in repping me.

Have strange urge to rep you...must fight against...it...it...it...rep it...rep...must rep llol...catz...rep llolcatz...honour...rep...for the honour...and brainzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Aicy

Strategos
After de-repping a mod (Eclipse) with a perfectly legitimate point I find myself de-repped on a perfectly on topic post on which i was giving an un-questionable remark yet i get this-

"I hate spam ~ Eclipse"

This is an abuse of the rep system by the mods just for de-repping. Mods claim they want to make us use the rep system properly yet can't even use it themselves? Pathetic, how can we respect mods and therefore learn and listen to them if they do not use what they operate themselves properly?

C'man... It's just in human nature to do that. Other than OrangeOpti (Good guy) every time I have de-repped someone they have de-repped me back on the first post of mine they find.

What we need to do is learn to take the punishment. :)

DeletedUser

They should not do that and it is a practise i have now stopped.

As a mod they should use the system properly and encourage others to do the same not abuse the system. They say we do not use the system properly by not de-repping enough but our critisism is met with punishment.

I am never one to wrongly take punishment especially when it is something that I have been encouraged or is the right thing to do.

Aicy

Strategos
Yeah, I completely agree with you.

However I don't believe insulting (I don't think that's the right word) Eclipse and singling him out is the correct thing to do. He is a great person and helps us the best he can. Everyone has a flaw or two.

DeletedUser

I think critisism is more the right word rather than insulting and you notice later in my post i talk about mods collectively.

Aicy

Strategos
Yeah, I'm not good with words.

I guess I didn't like how you singled him out, and grouped all the mods together as being bad because of his one bad action.

I do agree with you though, -Repping someone purely because they started it is hardly the right thing to go about things.

DeletedUser

Seems that Eclipse has finally wronged the community! Or is it Downrep Hero in disguise?

DeletedUser

"I hate spam ~ Eclipse"

Hey, I don't like generalizations against mods :(

Besides, you are making the assumption that eclipse was de-repping you for the sole reason that you de-repped him first. I just doubt that...

Also, the post could have been on topic in your eyes, but not in his.

Empathy is necessary here.

DeletedUser4013

I don't think that I have ever -rep'd someone since the reintroduction of the rep system. I have been -rep'd for really stupid things - and I know who they are - but I would rather tell someone that they've done a good job or written a well-worded post.

DeletedUser

"I hate spam ~ Eclipse"

I'm with you on that. No one dereps them cause they know they will be dereped and hit heavely. Kinda unfare.

DeletedUser

I sign my dereps, no matter the object. However, I am quite reservative in derepping mods, for about the same reason.

DeletedUser

I sign my dereps, no matter the object. However, I am quite reservative in derepping mods, for about the same reason.

We won't bite!

I don't de rep someone for de repping me. I was de repped the other day...it wasn't signed, but I knew who it was. It didn't make me want to get back him though.

We mods play it cool. :cool:

DeletedUser340

I know Eclipse well enough to know he is only mucking about , he wouldn't take any of this seriously...

I think someone is taking the rep system a bit to seriously -.-

DeletedUser

I de-rep people who de-rep me. If you don't like me, then I don't like you. This goes for anyone. Simple as that.

If you +rep me, there's a chance I'll return the favor.

Plus Saka, your reason was completely misguided, so no it was not a legitimate reason you gave. I closed that thread you criticized me about because I am a moderator, and I'm doing my job. If you don't like that a mod does their job, then so be it, but I won't take any nonsense from someone who's ignorant to matter.

DeletedUser340

Ahh how I love you eclipse <3

On a second note - Stop getting hyped up on rep , it wasn't taken away just for abuse of the system , I'm guessing the amount of people who took it serious and started crying over the stupid thing also got it removed.

DeletedUser

i only derep gibbo :p

occasionally :p

which reminds me...

Eclipse, did I ever get you back for derepping me before?

DeletedUser

Ya, you did. :p

That was like 7 months ago lol

Status
Not open for further replies.