Proposal Revamp NB and introduce it to EN for more beginner friendly servers

Clas17

Hipparchus
i agree when you say "The point of the game is also not who can go more hours without sleeping than the others"
everything else, i think it is a bit arguable.
1)your point on the problem i pointed out is like saying "it is your decision to choose to lose a city or get fked". is that how the game is meant to work? coinflipping things instead of strategy?
2) finding sleep time is normal-->not really. you can look for sleep time sure (player are 99% european or americans means you need to attack 3 am and 10 am server time... easy done if someone doesn't have alarm. but there is a huge difference between screaming everyone "hey i'm sleeping" and playing to find it out (you might find someone offline 2 times at 3 am, still not his sleeptime, maybe he is american and he was with friends)
3) " In the current national servers almost nobody breaks sieges during the night." i played 10 years in italian server, with nb... i know how nb works. honestly it sucks. everyone plays around 23.59.59 landind time. if you survive 1 second you won the city, such a fun and interactive playstyle (really tactical, isn't it? game telling you that 23.59.5x-9 is the key to win free cities) same would apply there.
not to mention another big problem i personaly never agreed with: in nb you have 100% bonus defense BUT you can still attack everyone.
now you might say "nb is supposed to let you sleep" but not really.
i will explain with an example to make things easier, please consider i'm using 00.00.00-7.00.00 nb for everyone (as i said, only an example to explain it easier.)
everyone will play with that 23.59.5x arrival time or, sometimes, try to land 7.00.01 hoping you sleep without alarm until 7.30.00
now i know i can sleep "safe" 20.00.00-23.00.00, wake up, play until 4.00.00 and trying to catch as many people sleeping as possible, knowing they all sleep and for sure someone won't have alarm because he needed nb, so he wants to sleep (not everyone, but someone will sleep), get one or two free sieges, get some good clearing, back to sleep until 6.30.00. maybe take a nap in the afternoon because, again, everyone will play around sleep time only. so 99% of player won't attack me 12.30.00-14.00.00
what did bn do to that world?
1) ruin the life of all those who want to sleep without alarm
2) tell none my real sleep schedule, none will ever find out i'm taking 2 hours nap here and there
3) tell me everyone's sleep time
4) avoid every possible fight during the day
5) most annoying part. americans would never be able to have fun against europeans. (using italian-american time zone, being 6 to 9 hours difference--> when "i" sleep (00-8) it is evening for them, in the evening most players will be there willing to play after dinner, before sleeping etc. if they want to play they need to do everything with nb. not only they know "i" am sleeping (good for them) but they also know they can't do crap if i have alarm because of nb (not to mention i could send 800 birs to my cities and fake sleep so they waste 4 ls nukes to break them and try to siege me) then it will be morning for me, again, good time to send a few slingers, spy etc. oh well, i can't same problem as before.

tldr: if you want time zone nb just make a server where everyone can attack only 13 to 20 (remember, there are asians with +6, need to take care of them too) how many people are willing to play that boring game? i hope none, unless you are the kind of player that really needs to find everyone sleeping for hours before you send your first cs.
every decent-good players that can siege active and online players will avoid any "custom" nb server, making my own game impossible 8 hours a day is just stupid, if i want to sim i become a farmville player

a completely different story would be IF and only IF nb would be introduced in 4 worlds a year (2 revolt, 2 conquest both of those with 1 slow and 1 fast) so those players who need nb can play their world.

but again, the first problem that comes to mind is that we already have this "to many new worlds but not enough" problem
1 new server every 6 weeks
8 servers a years
4 conquest, 4 revolt (2 slow, 2 fast)
if you are a fast conquest player you need to wait 6 months every time.

while it looks like inno is spamming us with new world, in reality if you are a dedicated player that really loves only conquest or revolt and only slow or fast, you need to wait months every time. if you skip the one you love for real life problems (maybe 1-2 months busy with job) then you either accept a world you don't like or wait months and complain because inno doesn't give us enough worlds.

and again, spamming us with all those worlds make server kind of empty, there are maybe 1k active players on start and 150-200 (IF REALLY LUCKY) after 2 months.

i know i talked about a lot of different topic about the "new worlds" problem, i know at first glance it could look confusing, but please consider each paragraph and you might understand everything, sorry for the really long reply, i don't like talking to much in forum but reading this topic made me think most people answer with their own likes not thinking how those would affect other players (shuri not included, his argument would need hours of talking, best if with really experience players who know what they are talking about)
"everyone plays around 23.59.59 landind time. if you survive 1 second you won the city, such a fun and interactive playstyle (really tactical, isn't it? game telling you that 23.59.5x-9 is the key to win free cities) same would apply there." so playing around finding people inactive is how you win worlds? That is the main thing I dislike about this server tbh.
That works of course is people are inactive, no alarm etc. What would you do if you were playing against an alliance that is fully alaramed?People timing at 23:59:59 is more rewarding for skilled players that can actually time.
". if you survive 1 second you won the city, such a fun and interactive playstyle (really tactical, isn't it? game telling you that 23.59.5x-9 is the key to win free cities) same would apply there." how do you consider playing around finding off players tactical? I dont get your point here saying "really tactical?". You think that finding people off, attacking them during night time (which was a piece of cake even for me playing this server for the first) until they break is more tactical than ACTUALLY timing for NB and getting the city?

"
2) tell none my real sleep schedule, none will ever find out i'm taking 2 hours nap here and there
5) most annoying part. americans would never be able to have fun against europeans."
1) for those who sleep without alarm it doesnt really matter, you can find their off time in literally one day. NB is going to reward them more bp, they will have an easier time defending. Let me ask you something here, do you think the NB would reward the more active/top players or the less active/average player?
2) this one and third are in contr
adiction - you cant assume everybody is unalarmed and is putting their exact sleep time, there are strategies behind deciding your nb time. I could as well say tell evereybody your sleep schedule and tell you nobodies sleep schedule
3) see 2)
4) first you tell me an occasion of you using the NB in your favor by fighting and now you tell me it is avoiding every fight during the day. It doesnt avoid fights it reduces attacks during NB.
5) this point is valid and needs to be looked at.

Shuri says it himself, that it needs brainstorming. Why would we be discussing here if this was an easy fix?
Also your belittling last paragraph doesnt help your argument, I could do the same thing by targetting your comments.

oiecanadienne

Chiliarch
i agree when you say "The point of the game is also not who can go more hours without sleeping than the others"
everything else, i think it is a bit arguable.
1)your point on the problem i pointed out is like saying "it is your decision to choose to lose a city or get fked". is that how the game is meant to work? coinflipping things instead of strategy?
2) finding sleep time is normal-->not really. you can look for sleep time sure (player are 99% european or americans means you need to attack 3 am and 10 am server time... easy done if someone doesn't have alarm. but there is a huge difference between screaming everyone "hey i'm sleeping" and playing to find it out (you might find someone offline 2 times at 3 am, still not his sleeptime, maybe he is american and he was with friends)
3) " In the current national servers almost nobody breaks sieges during the night." i played 10 years in italian server, with nb... i know how nb works. honestly it sucks. everyone plays around 23.59.59 landind time. if you survive 1 second you won the city, such a fun and interactive playstyle (really tactical, isn't it? game telling you that 23.59.5x-9 is the key to win free cities) same would apply there.
not to mention another big problem i personaly never agreed with: in nb you have 100% bonus defense BUT you can still attack everyone.
now you might say "nb is supposed to let you sleep" but not really.
i will explain with an example to make things easier, please consider i'm using 00.00.00-7.00.00 nb for everyone (as i said, only an example to explain it easier.)
everyone will play with that 23.59.5x arrival time or, sometimes, try to land 7.00.01 hoping you sleep without alarm until 7.30.00
now i know i can sleep "safe" 20.00.00-23.00.00, wake up, play until 4.00.00 and trying to catch as many people sleeping as possible, knowing they all sleep and for sure someone won't have alarm because he needed nb, so he wants to sleep (not everyone, but someone will sleep), get one or two free sieges, get some good clearing, back to sleep until 6.30.00. maybe take a nap in the afternoon because, again, everyone will play around sleep time only. so 99% of player won't attack me 12.30.00-14.00.00
what did bn do to that world?
5) most annoying part. americans would never be able to have fun against europeans. (using italian-american time zone, being 6 to 9 hours difference--> when "i" sleep (00-8) it is evening for them, in the evening most players will be there willing to play after dinner, before sleeping etc. if they want to play they need to do everything with nb. not only they know "i" am sleeping (good for them) but they also know they can't do crap if i have alarm because of nb (not to mention i could send 800 birs to my cities and fake sleep so they waste 4 ls nukes to break them and try to siege me) then it will be morning for me, again, good time to send a few slingers, spy etc. oh well, i can't same problem as before.

tldr: if you want time zone nb just make a server where everyone can attack only 13 to 20 (remember, there are asians with +6, need to take care of them too) how many people are willing to play that boring game? i hope none, unless you are the kind of player that really needs to find everyone sleeping for hours before you send your first cs.
every decent-good players that can siege active and online players will avoid any "custom" nb server, making my own game impossible 8 hours a day is just stupid, if i want to sim i become a farmville player

a completely different story would be IF and only IF nb would be introduced in 4 worlds a year (2 revolt, 2 conquest both of those with 1 slow and 1 fast) so those players who need nb can play their world.

but again, the first problem that comes to mind is that we already have this "to many new worlds but not enough" problem
1 new server every 6 weeks
8 servers a years
4 conquest, 4 revolt (2 slow, 2 fast)
if you are a fast conquest player you need to wait 6 months every time.

while it looks like inno is spamming us with new world, in reality if you are a dedicated player that really loves only conquest or revolt and only slow or fast, you need to wait months every time. if you skip the one you love for real life problems (maybe 1-2 months busy with job) then you either accept a world you don't like or wait months and complain because inno doesn't give us enough worlds.

and again, spamming us with all those worlds make server kind of empty, there are maybe 1k active players on start and 150-200 (IF REALLY LUCKY) after 2 months.

i know i talked about a lot of different topic about the "new worlds" problem, i know at first glance it could look confusing, but please consider each paragraph and you might understand everything, sorry for the really long reply, i don't like talking to much in forum but reading this topic made me think most people answer with their own likes not thinking how those would affect other players (shuri not included, his argument would need hours of talking, best if with really experience players who know what they are talking about)
Bro your tldr is longer than your actual post

I ain’t reading all that but I’m happy for you

Or I’m sorry that happened

thunder123

Hipparchus
"everyone plays around 23.59.59 landind time. if you survive 1 second you won the city, such a fun and interactive playstyle (really tactical, isn't it? game telling you that 23.59.5x-9 is the key to win free cities) same would apply there." so playing around finding people inactive is how you win worlds? That is the main thing I dislike about this server tbh.
That works of course is people are inactive, no alarm etc. What would you do if you were playing against an alliance that is fully alaramed?People timing at 23:59:59 is more rewarding for skilled players that can actually time.
". if you survive 1 second you won the city, such a fun and interactive playstyle (really tactical, isn't it? game telling you that 23.59.5x-9 is the key to win free cities) same would apply there." how do you consider playing around finding off players tactical? I dont get your point here saying "really tactical?". You think that finding people off, attacking them during night time (which was a piece of cake even for me playing this server for the first) until they break is more tactical than ACTUALLY timing for NB and getting the city?

"
5) most annoying part. americans would never be able to have fun against europeans."
1) for those who sleep without alarm it doesnt really matter, you can find their off time in literally one day. NB is going to reward them more bp, they will have an easier time defending. Let me ask you something here, do you think the NB would reward the more active/top players or the less active/average player?
2) this one and third are in contr
adiction - you cant assume everybody is unalarmed and is putting their exact sleep time, there are strategies behind deciding your nb time. I could as well say tell evereybody your sleep schedule and tell you nobodies sleep schedule
3) see 2)
4) first you tell me an occasion of you using the NB in your favor by fighting and now you tell me it is avoiding every fight during the day. It doesnt avoid fights it reduces attacks during NB.
5) this point is valid and needs to be looked at.

Shuri says it himself, that it needs brainstorming. Why would we be discussing here if this was an easy fix?
Also your belittling last paragraph doesnt help your argument, I could do the same thing by targetting your comments.
i was ironic
so to be clear-->nb sucks
playing around nb sucks
timing is tactical and i never had any problem sieging online players, i think many guys can confirm that

Clas17

Hipparchus
Ok good I had no problems with no NB either, how does that help? Nb actually would help the average player to defend during nb and not me.

0ZZZ

Phrourach

Shuri2060

I Like your thinking, your presentation, and your intentions.
A friend of mine told me you are one of the best out of the box thinkers aside from myself they have played under. I look forward to fighting you some day :)
I have been thinking of a way to turn NB in to a win win myself for a very long time.
I find its current state quite repulsive to the point of likening it to grepo herpes. No thank you.

I do not think your proposal the best way to solve the problems you have addressed.
Out of respect I wont derail your thread with my own proposal here.

I would say if they implemented your suggestion though, a week long delay is better than a 48 hr.
Im not opposed to folks using mechanics tactically to augment their choices but in this case it would help frequent time changes to be more about real life needs and less about tactics to frustrate your enemies.

Golden Horn

Lochagos
NightBonus is good

I play a lot of different Servers - the game works much better with NB

Having NB "encourages" multiplayers using the same ID (they take it in shifts so that they can get some sleep)

Last edited:

Golden Horn

Lochagos
that's YOUR opinion
I write what I see (facts) not opinions (those being for the opinionated)

Attachments

• gh.jpg
    gh.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 0

Shock

Chiliarch
that's YOUR opinion
I write what I see (facts) not opinions (those being for the opinionated)
normally i'd say you're right but your take is just so wrong.

as a wise man once said
1659387481525.png

nb sucks if you want that lame **** go to regional servers <3

Last edited: