Proposal Revert back to the old Farming Villages Overview UI (before the update on 04/10 I believe)

Shuri2060

Strategos
Proposal: Revert back to the old Farming Villages Overview UI (changed on 04/10 I believe).

Reason 1: In the old UI I could select a farm using the bblink as long as the selected farms displayed belonged to the currently selected city. This is a handy way to quickly bring up the list of farms for a city in order to trade. This is still possible in the new UI if the demands are ready, but otherwise it's no longer possible.

Selecting a farm: https://i.imgur.com/GmFldsx.gifv

Yes, it's nice to have the next collection time clearly displayed. However, in addition to the above, it's already displayed below each village so it's probably unnecessary. And what happens when the demand times are out of sync? Does it show the earliest or latest time of all farms?

Reason 2: The 'Collect' button is smaller (not 100% sure, but I think it is). I think it used to be 'Demand Resources' or similar which probably is the reason.

For people with 50+ cities, rapid farming becomes even more of a pain and makes it easier to miss the button.

In fact, an improvement I'd suggest is for the button to be on the left hand side, closer to the city selection list. That'd halve (or more) the distance I have to move my mouse for every city... and as small a change that may seem to be, it definitely would make a difference when you have a lot of cities.

Reason 3: I'm not sure, but I think the newer UI seems to lag slightly when switching cities. Again, this slows the whole process down for those who own many cities.

Visual Aids:

This is the new UI and you can't select the farms when demands aren't ready. Unfortunately I don't have a screenshot of the old one.

8SH9T2A.png

'Collect button'

SyjRvJv.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser55220

this is a stupid thing to do - it obscure two of the farms and whoever thought of locking out the farms so you can't trade should be shot.
It's a mind bogglingly stupid change and completely [expletive] up the farming process
the sooner this is changed the better