Review of heroes

DeletedUser

I come from a beta world where I play with my friends world whit heroes, I want to ask who you think are good, and who are bad hero?

DeletedUser42857

well coming from a beta world where youve used them, wouldnt you be the ideal person to tell everyone else?

DeletedUser

following this logic, i have used none, and i will tell you all the best :p

DeletedUser5819

Yeah, you are going to have to wait a while for any useful responses :D

I think we'd all love to hear your take on them though.

DeletedUser

My opinion,
Leonidas because all defending units will have their combat values increased by 5.5%. At level 20, this increases to 15%.
Zuretha because ships have their combat values increased by 5.5% when fighting together with Zuretha. At level 20, this increases to 15%.
Andromeda because as long as Andromeda is assigned to a city, the base production of wood, rock, and silver coins is increased by 16.5& in that city. At level 20, this value increases to 45%.

My 3 heroes i will recruit first...

Kurbads.

Phrourach
later in the game Orpheus sounds pretty useful as well..

At level 1, when Orpheus is assigned to a city and you generate a culture point by means of a festival, there is a 33% chance that you will generate an additional culture. At level 20, there is a 90% chance.

DeletedUser

30% is a lot, esp if you stack it with pop boom and the island quest thingy

DeletedUser

andromeda: resource output increase, generally useful, but since you have only one, not that much of a factor in my opinion 6/10

atalanta: travel speed increase, a gamechanger if you ask me, with this, a lighthouse, cartho and an army travel speed, your CS will go as fast as a slow transport, good luck ID'ing a CS from a fake 10/10

Chiron: can you say, hoplite nuke ready in a day? ok, ok, hoplites are not the best to turn in a nuke, but if you want to kill a lot of swordsmen, he is your man 8/10

ferkyon; 30% recruitment speed increase is pretty dang good, even better, after queing up those troops, assign him to the next town and do the same there as well, combined with pop boom and if possible a recruitment token and those troops file out of the barracks. 8/10
helen: cheaper mercenaries, really? if it would combine it with more it might mean something, but the number of mercs you can hire is small once a day, so at best you save 5k silver a day, all the while having to move her around to where the trader is. 1/10 (slightly better if you want to resummon the trader a 100 times to buy yourself a manticore nuke)

heracles: favor for winning battles with 50 BP or more, not only that, he can carry lots of loot and has good attack stats. I see potential here, but mainly if you need some favor for a certain god and you need it now. 22 favor wont cut it, but 60 at lvl 20 might mean another sea storm, or other pretty darn important spells. 7/10

leonidas; for that one city you absolutely need to keep, a turtle'ers wet dream, I am not a turtle' er and if i keep only one city I think the game is done anyway, so 6/10 from me (I know others will probably disagree, but well....)

Orpheus; a good chance for more culture, pretty nice if you ask me, more cp = more cities = more troops = more heroes to speed up those troops = win 10/10 (thou not for the first 3 cities I think).

terylea: a massive increase in silver production, nah, pretty useless in my opinion, 2/10

urephon; myth units efficiency increase, but also (slightly) lower speed than manticores and harpies, does not need a transport. make myth nukes lots more effective, can double as a leonidas in hades turtle cities and disguises said myth nukes due to speed change. 8/10

Zuretha; increases ship efficincy, your LS nukes are stronger, your bir walls are better, all in all, pretty usefull, same speed as a LS, pretty decent all around 8/10 (carthography, lighthouse will be useless here thou, zuretha is not a ship and as such will slow down those LS to normal speed)

All in all, the heroes change the whole TT to find out what is coming game and make the game more interesting in making decoys and suprise attacks.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
To get a hero to lvl 20 it takes around 1200 or so coins. That takes quite a while to accomplish so nobody is going to have a max level hero for ages.

DeletedUser

at 24 a day at max, it will indeed take ages to level them up, but at lvl 10, a hero can make a big difference, and that should be a lot easier to attain. thou at the moment i am just trying to get the coins for some lvl 1' s

DeletedUser42797

atalanta: travel speed increase, a gamechanger if you ask me, with this, a lighthouse, cartho and an army travel speed, your CS will go as fast as a slow transport, good luck ID'ing a CS from a fake 10/10

Spot on mate.... Lots of potential for experienced players to use this Hero to their advantage, will be my first choice once I get some more coins.

This Hero will be an attackers best friend... And early game changer when sniping is vital to defending.

I can see quite a few CS's getting slipped in with the clearing waves with the use of this Hero.... As the defender concentrates on defending and or sniping the long range CS.

The sniping side of this game just got a whole lot harder ;)

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Yeah pretty positive since I have tested them for a long time on the Beta. It takes like 70ish coins to recruit a hero and then well over 1k coins to get them to lvl 20. Costs might be dependent on world speed, not positive.

DeletedUser

Yeah pretty positive since I have tested them for a long time on the Beta. It takes like 70ish coins to recruit a hero and then well over 1k coins to get them to lvl 20. Costs might be dependent on world speed, not positive.

From what I've been told, the coin costs are not influenced by world speed, however the frequency of the quests is.