Revolt - 1.12 update

DeletedUser

I'm curious to know whether the "democracy" research will still exist and whether it is has more of an impact in "revolt - based" conquest.

At the moment it seems as if nobody researches democracy it or values it.
(Is this art reflecting life ?)

DeletedUser

So basically, Conquest has gone from hard to impossible. 12 hours to repair defenses and get support? I can easily do it in 6. Might as well call this Grepohugs.

I think (if I get the guide right) that if you time your colony ship to arrive, say, 5 minutes after the beginning of the revolt, you have the city immediately?...

DeletedUser

I don't think this will give the defender a huge advantage to get more troops in his city.

situation:
cs 15h away from target, clearing attacks 3 hours away.
conquest: you launch colony ship, defender knows a colony ship is incoming and has 15 hours to time def. after the cs has arrived the defender has another 24/26 hours to attack to cs.
revolt: you launch colony ship + clearing attack, defender knows a cs is incoming and has 15 hours to get def, after 3h clearing attack hits (with revolt) so there is an upcoming revolt, after another 12 hours the revolt starts and the cs hits. So the defender had 15 hours to get def. which is the same as in conquest and the attacker doesn't have to defend the city for another 24h.

DeletedUser2795

I don't think this will give the defender a huge advantage to get more troops in his city.

situation:
cs 15h away from target, clearing attacks 3 hours away.
conquest: you launch colony ship, defender knows a colony ship is incoming and has 15 hours to time def. after the cs has arrived the defender has another 24/26 hours to attack to cs.
revolt: you launch colony ship + clearing attack, defender knows a cs is incoming and has 15 hours to get def, after 3h clearing attack hits (with revolt) so there is an upcoming revolt, after another 12 hours the revolt starts and the cs hits. So the defender had 15 hours to get def. which is the same as in conquest and the attacker doesn't have to defend the city for another 24h.

Let me make that clearer:
Current: Send C-Ship and clearing waves, for sake of example, the target is ten hours by C-Ship. If defender is online, they can get reinforcements for 10 hours. Then, there are 24 hours where the victim can call upon his/her alliance and friends to attack the C-Ship and attempt to break the conquer
Total time to prevent conquer: 34 hours (24+10)

New: send clearing waves and revolt attack, should take ~2 hours, then there is the 12 hour revolt period for the defender to build up troops, and then the conquerer can send the C-Chip to arrive right after the 12 hours is up, in cases where the C-Ship will have to travel more then 24 hours, the defender has warning even before the revolt starts, but in the example, the C-Ship only takes 10 hours, so:
total time for defender: 14-26 hrs at max and min in the current situation, and the victim has the following advantages: wall and tower (unless they have been catted), militia, divine powers, though these will not be terribly effective.

So to me it sounds like the attacker is having it easier because they can cat down the wall, 375 militia should not hurt them, correct application of divine powers could hurt the attacker, but that requires a good defender who probably was a good player and hopes that they had not already used all their favor.

DeletedUser

overdramatic much.. play alpha, beta, delta, gamma, epsilon.. you got 5 worlds to play at this point.. seriously throwing the hat in over one world zeta? thats sad... very sad.

DeletedUser1405

The one question that does not seem to have been answered is does this allow quicker conquests.
It is looking like if you clear the city and keep it that way, your CS lands after 12hrs and the city is yours.
If this isnt right please correct me as its all a bit confusing.

DeletedUser

overdramatic much.. play alpha, beta, delta, gamma, epsilon.. you got 5 worlds to play at this point.. seriously throwing the hat in over one world zeta? thats sad... very sad.

All of those worlds are already established.
Many of us that want to start in another world don't want to start in a pre-established world. So how about you keep your comments to yourself.

Also, many of us were very excited over the Zeta Draft that had happened recently and over the rumours that Zeta will be x3 speed. So again, keep your comments to yourself.

The one question that does not seem to have been answered is does this allow quicker conquests.
It is looking like if you clear the city and keep it that way, your CS lands after 12hrs and the city is yours.
If this isnt right please correct me as its all a bit confusing.

Yes it does make for a faster conquest but the conquest is now stacked towards defense twice as much.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

wierdly enough there is a grand total of 4 posts divided amongst 2 topics discussing revolt in the test forums.

When a player asked about revolt and its mechanics someone gave them a link to a thread on our forums o.0. thats extensive playtesing right there.

it is a bit sad that to get the info about the new system i had to follow a link to a board that is not about testing the game, but rather playing it i would have thought that all the info i would need would be on the beta forum.

DeletedUser

no, i am with the beta and have stayed with it because i put a lot of time into it and i don't want to start over if i had to that i would stop playing, as i said it's not that awesome of a game, it's not awesome at all, but it is fun at times and i'm taking a break from TW.

these changes could have and would have been better implemented with a few tweaks to the current system rather than starting from scratch, this new system goes from unrealistic to dreamland.

by lengthening the time of the siege and giving the attacked player the ability to control what happens in his city during the siege and putting battle at the end of the siege would have been enough to accomplish the same thing and would be more to the way a real siege would actually happen.

if there is going to be a revolt it should be based on the prosperity of the city itself effecting the way the final battle would end if the people feel it would be better to be ruled by someone else then it would have an effect, but beyond that it's not really that important.

OR

implement a morale system that will help protect smaller players.

DeletedUser

I have a feeling after they see what a disaster this is on Zeta, they will do a lot less worlds with it. Sort of like "churches" in Tribal Wars.

The church was not a disaster, it evened thing out. Trust me, players could still noble with the church, who do you think TE managed to noble all the villages on the south border of K24 in one night? World 31 was one of the first worlds the church was on, I played on that world and have the battle scars from being attacked that prove the church was not a disaster.

DeletedUser

Revolt on 2x World

Does this now only take a minium of 6hours to now conquer someone?

DeletedUser

First the revolt system isn't in any of the existing worlds. The first world with revolt will be Zeta when it opens. Second, while you would think conquest speed would be increased, we don't know. The beta server is x3 speed and the time required is still two 12 hour periods.

DeletedUser

Fair enough, time to conquer some more peeps before my defnsive army becomes useless.

DeletedUser

The revolt system is not changable in terms of time. The speed of the world plays no factor in the time of the revolt. It will last 24hrs (12+12).

DeletedUser

I can not explain in words how much baffled I am by this new Revolt system. And here I was thinking 'hmm, I could go check Grepolis to see if they are improving the game, maybe I could return to it sometimes'

Seriously....

Grepolis:

Conquest/Revolt Steps:

1. Clear the city being conquered
2. Attack -> 'Revolt' Option Attack (Can send minimum troops or use as clearing attack; if it clears revolt process - uprising will begin)
3. Troops from 'revolt' attack return home
4. Target city is uprising for 12 hours after 'revolt' attack hits
5. After 12 hour uprising ends, the attacker has another 12 hours for a colony ship to arrive and conquer the city. (Send the colony ship as regular attack with troops; It'll show up as a city takeover)
6. Clear the city again for the colony ship. (Meanwhile, the defender can build troops during that 12 hour uprising period and receive support up until your attacks hit)
7. If the city is cleared and the colony ship arrives during the second 12 hour window, the city will automatically be taken.

Before: Attacker -> Attacks to clear, CS Hits, Siege begins, Support siege, Defend and wait until conquer.
After: Attacker -> Attacks to clear for revolt, Revolt begins, waits for 12 hours (Can keep attacking to clear target), Attacks Again for CS to conquer during second 12 hour window.

Before: Defender -> Defends, If siege begins, asks others to attack city to destroy conquest attempt.
After: Defender -> Defends against Revolt Attack, Defends for 12 hours if uprising begins, Defends Again Against Attacks and CS conquer attempt.

Tribal Wars Conquest system:
1. Sent attack with nobles
2. If you manage to drop loyalty to 0, the town is conquered

Tribal Wars - Awesome game
Grepolis - Train wreck (and that's being extremely generous in describing it)

Are you really expecting this new system to be more accessible to new players? I consider myself a bit advanced player, in most games I try out, but this I had to read couple of times, and still I have dozen of questions, and need a lot of clarification just to imagine how it might work.

This must be a joke or something of that kind in Grepolis, someone is obviously trying his hardest to completely destroy this game.

Well it was fun. I'll drop by in another month or two, to see what crazy new 'inovations' GrepoTeam comes up with. Hi to all TW-Shadow guys, sorry for bailing out on you, but couldn't stand this game anymore.

Here's a hint: when you see your user base start dropping any time soon, try not to act surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I can not explain in words how much baffled I am by this new Revolt system. And here I was thinking 'hmm, I could go check Grepolis to see if they are improving the game, maybe I could return to it sometimes'

Seriously....

Grepolis:

Conquest/Revolt Steps:

Tribal Wars Conquest system:

Tribal Wars - Awesome game
Grepolis - Train wreck (and that's being extremely generous in describing it)

Are you really expecting this new system to be more accessible to new players? I consider myself a bit advanced player, in most games I try out, but this I had to read couple of times, and still I have dozen of questions, and need a lot of clarification just to imagine how it might work.

This must be a joke or something of that kind in Grepolis, someone is obviously trying his hardest to completely destroy this game.

Well it was fun. I'll drop by in another month or two, to see what crazy new 'inovations' GrepoTeam comes up with. Hi to all TW-Shadow guys, sorry for bailing out on you, but couldn't stand this game anymore.

Here's a hint: when you see your user base start dropping any time soon, try not to act surprised.

We are still looking for a home so stay close

DeletedUser

hmm..... i saw this from the beta test site.

the troops from the agressor do come in as revolt and not as an attack. You can defend yourself against it and destroy them. But as revolt is not considered as being an attack, U cannot use divine powers on them.
So in the future, U send all attacks as revolts. I think there is still some work to do.

http://forum.beta.grepolis.net/showthread.php?t=318

another potential issue with revolt i wonder?

If this is true then it makes zues rage,desire, wisdom and sea storm worthless as any attack you dont have favor to spend for a revolt attack and those you can cast heroic power on normal attacks.

As far as i know there is no penalty for sending all your attacks as revolt attacks.

DeletedUser

Sorry, but as a designer myself, I can say this is way too messy, to complicated, and I'm seriously thinking about just leaving this server. Lets hope this monstrosity doesn't make its way to another server, or better yet, just goes away.

Hey devs... if your customer base can't figure it out, thats telling you something!

DeletedUser

Upon reflection.. a better system would be some sort of 'occupation'.. where a player can still own the polis, but only gets half the resources generated. The occupying player gets the other half. Occupied player can build, and train troops at 1/2 speed. Occupying player can leave troops there as an occupying force, but they count towards their farm total. Occupied player can 'revolt' and take back city with his troops....

just a thought