Revolt Guide discussion

DeletedUser

as soon as the CS lands successfully during the 2nd period of the revolt the city will be yours, no matter if its 1 second after the 2nd stage starts or 1 second before it ends

(400 posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

DeletedUser18494

sorry I am not getting this. I used 3 CP to build a CS.

Do I need more points to actually land my CS and take another city?

I cleared a city, and sent my colony ship in the 2nd part of the 12 hour revolt but all it does is send the ship back.

DeletedUser

How many cities do you have?
you dont "use" Cp`s, they continue to accumulate, the thing is that every time you take a city the number of CPs that you require to have accumulated increases.
To get a third city you need 3 culture points, to get a fourth city 9 and a fifth 18.
You don´t use them up, so if you have 3 cities (and 3 culture points), to get a fourth city you only need 6 extra Culture points (you have 3 + 6 = 9).

Also, with how many soldiers you are sending your CS? every city has a base defence, so if you are sending few men they might be dying against the wall of the city, thus your CS returns home.

edit: 105 post later I post again in this thread.
that was wicked

DeletedUser18494

How many cities do you have?
you dont "use" Cp`s, they continue to accumulate, the thing is that every time you take a city the number of CPs that you require to have accumulated increases.
To get a third city you need 3 culture points, to get a fourth city 9 and a fifth 18.
You don´t use them up, so if you have 3 cities (and 3 culture points), to get a fourth city you only need 6 extra Culture points (you have 3 + 6 = 9).

Also, with how many soldiers you are sending your CS? every city has a base defence, so if you are sending few men they might be dying against the wall of the city, thus your CS returns home.

edit: 105 post later I post again in this thread.
that was wicked
\

no my guys come back too. Its the damn culture points. I have 4 of 9. I see how this works. Dang.

DeletedUser

This is great. Should I start in a world with revolt or conquest. I am new to the game.

DeletedUser

I advise you to start in the most recent world so you will have less bigger players around you. this allows you to learn more and maybe you'll even finish up ruling your area! :D

DeletedUser

This may be a silly question... but do I need to send a ship when attacking a city on my own island?

DeletedUser

You do if it's a revolt or takeover attack. Otherwise no, you don't.

DeletedUser

Could someone post a video showing how to do it? In English please.

DeletedUser

@sigismund

are you sure?
in the guide in the question-answers sector it says different things..
so the question remains:do I need to have the revolt technolgy developed for conquering a city who is already in revolt from an ally?

with ally I mean a different player....

If the ally makes the clearing and the revolt does only a simple attack with colony ship conquer the city for me?

sigismund is right

We tried out the allie taken a revolted city and it didnt work. Whoever creates the revolt needs to take the city, If someone manages to revolt and land a c.s before you do you get a message saying your revolt ended prematurely

DeletedUser

Hi! You seem to be the know-it-all of revolt stuff.
I'm currently in the first 12 hour period of revolt and I wonder if it's safe/good/bad to dodge clearing attacks at this point?

DeletedUser

your city can't be taken until the revolt proper/2nd stage starts, so if you have limited defences it's probably best to dodge every wave other than the one which would take your city (CS wave from a player with your city under revolt landing in the 2nd stage of revolt)

DeletedUser19930

I am surprised the whole 12 hour revolt thing, then 12 Window thing got through.
What happened to good old Viking style, kill, maim, rape, pillage and burn??????????

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am surprised the whole 12 hour revolt thing, then 12 Window thing got through.
What happened to good old Viking style, kill, maim, rape, pillage and burn??????????
it's called conquest :p

DeletedUser

Nice guide. Although I also agree with what others have said that the UI doesn't provide much help for inexperienced players wanting to start a revolt. For example, I launched a Revolt attack with only naval units. There was no warning that land units are also required for a successful revolt. I won the naval battle, but there was no feedback saying I had failed to start a revolt.

Anyway, my question is about multiple concurrent revolts. The guide states:
Can there just be one revolt at a time?
- There is no known limit on the number of concurrent revolts in a city.

Does this also mean that a single player can have multiple, overlapping revolts ongoing in the same enemy city?

DeletedUser

Nice guide. Although I also agree with what others have said that the UI doesn't provide much help for inexperienced players wanting to start a revolt. For example, I launched a Revolt attack with only naval units. There was no warning that land units are also required for a successful revolt. I won the naval battle, but there was no feedback saying I had failed to start a revolt.

Anyway, my question is about multiple concurrent revolts. The guide states:

Does this also mean that a single player can have multiple, overlapping revolts ongoing in the same enemy city?

Nope one revolt per city.

DeletedUser

A player can have as many cities in revolt as (s)he likes. There can be numerous players having a city in revolt, but no player can have any city in revolt more than once at a time. You have to wait for the current one to end before you can start the next.

DeletedUser

No. Because there can be several revolts from multi players. So you have to start your own revolt. There for yes you must research that tech.

DeletedUser

Well I have just started the game about 16 or 17 days ago and there is a player that is way ahead of me and he is starting a revolt in my city within 10 hours. This seems to be a bit unfair to allow an old member to take over a new player so quickly. I like the game but If I have to start over I think I'll rather just not play.