Inactive Topic Reward Stack

dianices

Phrourach
After searching for previous threads on this and finding none, i thought its' about time someone brought it up.

I've had many occasions where i didn't have the gold, or couldn't get the gold, for extra inventory slots. at those times, i had multiples of the same rewards, and nowhere to put them, while those same rewards were still active on my cities.

while most people would say just scrap what you don't have room for, i have a different idea. where the same reward comes up repeatedly, we should have the ability to stack them, with a small counter in the slot they go to, similar to the comment counters for alliance forum notifications.

all that does, is let you deal with rewards, without the hassle of having to choose what to keep and what to toss, and in a way, it kind of helps with the idea of prolonging effects without having to switch heroes or other changes.

thoughts?

DeletedUser54495

Good idea but it means people wouldn't need to buy those slots for gold - I strongly doubt inno would introduce this because it would mean less gold spent on the game

DeletedUser54192

While it might give an incentive to some players not to buy the extra slots, I think that a lot of players would still choose to get the slots. It's not like there are just 10 different types of token.

One way in which this may appeal to Inno is that it could increase the amount of gold that some players throw into an event. There are plenty of tokens that are only available in event time, like myth tokens, double BP, land expansions, nereids/passionate population/aristocrats, and some of the tyche spells. With the current inventory system, you are limited to those same 20 slots, which limits how many tokens you are going to be able to stock up on. Near the end of events, I often find myself needlessly using up or just wasting some of my generic quest reward tokens, in order to fit my tokens in my inventory (and this is coming from someone who doesn't buy gold, and who therefore spends very little on events - I just tend to hoard stuff for when I really need it). Being able to stack identical tokens would mean that people are less reluctant to get more event tokens, because they can just use one slot to have a few of their favourite type of token, and things like improved attack and improved defence tokens won't have to be throw away or wasted as often, just to fit in this token.

However, as I am writing this post, I am now a bit scared of the abuse this could bring. Every server has at least a few people who are willing to splash rather a lot of gold on the events, usually for myth tokens or the longer duration tyche combat-related tokens. But we know that, a while after an event has passed, we are generally safe from suddenly-appearing myth nukes. With an inventory that allows reward stacking, we would see those players able to keep throwing out token-generated myth nukes for much longer after the event than they might otherwise be able to.

As such, I think that such a stacking would need a cap as to how many identical tokens you can fit in a slot, or have it so that only certain rewards can be stacked up, or some other mechanism that might prevent or reduce the ability for the heaviest gold-users to keep throwing out token-created myth nukes long after the event is over. I do like the premise, but I think we need to be wary of how it could be abused.

DeletedUser

The ability to stack rewards of same type (as it works in the extended inventory) has been rejected by the dev team - you can find related post somewhere on the devblog. I think it's not all about money... in this case, it's especially due to a strategical effect.

dianices

Phrourach
i was thinking specifically island hero point quest rewards, and at that, no more than 3 of a type, provided there's a fourth active.

DeletedUser54886

If I could stack rewards as a player with gold I could buy 10 additional slots and end up with 60 (x3 as you suggest) stored rewards... that makes the balance even worse... imagine taking on a player that has Tyches Encouragement, Trojan Walls, Myrmadon Attack, Improved Defence etc... x6 of each etc... it would be near impossible to take a city from them... their units would all be +100% or more... and their attacks would be the same... the idea of limited slots means that you have to pick and choose what you store, and you have to use some occasionally...