Riddles

DeletedUser22509

I will be shot.
Correct
Reason:If the statement is true, then he will be hanged, which makes the statement false, so he will be shot, which makes the statement true, so he will be hanged.... get the drift? Baffled and respectful, the Imperial Commander sets him free.

DeletedUser

An extremely clever Rebel Leader is caught by imperial soldiers. His execution is immediately scheduled. Since the Rebel is so respected, the jealous, yet honorable, Imperial Commander decides to ridicule his intelligence. On the day of the execution the Commander tells the Rebel that he is allowed to make a statement before he is executed. If the statement is true, he will be hanged. If the statement is false, he will be shot. The Rebel then makes his statement and is set free. What did he say?

This one is about the same as one of my first ones but the answer is opposite.

DeletedUser23516

If a chicken says "All chickens are liars!" is the chicken telling the truth?

DeletedUser

I think this is original:

Rule no. ∞:Every rule has an exception.

Wait... let it sink in...

:D

DeletedUser

Well if you want me to consider IF chickens could talk I would say yes, he is telling the truth. All the chickens are liars, BUT that doesn't mean that they can't tell the truth. Now that if I really trusted the chicken. If not, I might not believe that all chickens are liars, and would have to get to know other chickens first.

DeletedUser25380

No, he is not telling the truth.
At least one chicken is not a liar (but not this chicken), making the statement "All chickens are liar" false. Not all chickens are liars, and not all chicken are telling the truth.

(assuming a liar lies all the time)

DeletedUser

What's happened here is, you've mistaken a rooster for a chicken, and the rooster has claimed that all chickens are liars. The rooster is stating its true opinion, and cannot initiate a paradox because it, itself is a rooster, and not a chicken.

DeletedUser

Oookay, good answer Kanga good answer...

What is broken every time it's spoken?

DeletedUser

I had to give something to keep this going.....alright how about this.....what is my first name?

DeletedUser2795

I had to give something to keep this going.....alright how about this.....what is my first name?

That isn't a riddle....
Anyways, let me take a stab :p:
I run, but have no legs;
I go up yet do not leave the ground;
I sleep but do not dream;
I die having never lived;
what am I?

Maybe too easy, but I prefer too easy to too hard.

DeletedUser

What's your definition of riddle then?

'A question intentionally phrased to require ingenuity in ascertaining its answer'

I phrased my name riddle to require ingenuity, you just don't realize it :D

DeletedUser2795

'A question intentionally phrased to require ingenuity in ascertaining its answer'

I phrased my name riddle to require ingenuity, you just don't realize it :D

Define "ingenuity" :p.