Rim Alliance Restart Challenge (Byzantium)

DeletedUser

Rim Alliance Challenge​
No Longer a Restart Challenge​

EDIT: Please no posting to say this is pointless. This is a "challenge" for a reason. If you aren't going to join this, fine. Most people won't. So be it, but I think this little competition could be a fun way to play against each other.

Also, I DO NOT want posters like Thizzle and Kraniet (see below) on this thread! Almost every thread is commented on by them, which is in and of itself fine. The issue is that they always seem to "noobify" things, players, ideas, and tactics they don't like. This leads to endless arguements on nearly every thread. If they, or anybody else, wants to comment, at least say something productive.

Okay, so here's my idea.

We have gotten underway here and Byzantium is starting to grow.

I propose a Rim Alliance competition.

If you want to participate in this challenge, you must have joined/restarted the game no more than one week from this post's date.

Now, the core oceans are established. They have strong alliances like Spirit of 45 and Roman Republic.

But the rim areas... those are far less developed. They are fertile grounds for some alliances.

The challenge is for players to join, form an alliance, and see how many points we can achieve by December or January. I will look at both total pts. and avg. points for this.

I will post all contestants and the alliances they formed below.

---Rules and Regulations---

1. Join/Restart the game (obviously)

2. At least 60% of the members must be outside of the core oceans.

3. Feel free to do any amount of planning, but realize that you will have a disadvantage by waiting.

---Prizes---

None! This is just for fun!

---Contestants---

Nintz - Montezuma's Revenge

Z-e-r-o - Dee Gee

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21392

What is the point of this. No one will join. Here is what I think of this...

-You are asking members to restart from the core to make an alliance in the rim.

-They will be 3 weeks behind. If ranked less than 500, they will go even further back to 40,000.

-This is obviously not for experienced players...

If someone joins this I will +rep them.

DeletedUser

The point of this is to try and make the game a bit more varied and interesting.

1. They don't have to. This is also a "challenge". I wanted to make it difficult.

2. Well, yeah. That's sort of the point.

3. On what grounds? I would say that exp. players would be more tempted to partake in this. The people that may not want to are premium users, seeing as how they paid for the previous progress.

DeletedUser21392

Perhaps... I still don't see anyone doing this though.

DeletedUser21418

LOL this is so sade

You do not have to invent excuses to turn tail between your legs, just do it without, but to try to lure in order to get an alibi, it is downright childish.
Fight the fight, or run away, but please do more hopeless projects, good entertainment

DeletedUser21770

I actually see this as good fun and a good challenge. It's a shame some people are just too far up their rear ends to see the actual idea for what it is.

I personally won't be doing this (at least I don't plan to just yet). But good luck Nintz in getting others to join in. This could be the makings of perhaps a new playing style for all we know.

DeletedUser21560

So your basically saying...

Give up all the "hard work" you have done in the last 2-3 weeks, and just start over, so you can settle down further away from the other alliances...

Smells to me like someone is running away!

and i seriously dont see any challenge in this? whats the difference between staying where you are now, or starting over? its only been few weeks since start, and its a bigger challenge to stay in the core where all the alliances are, then starting over by yourself...

DeletedUser

@ King Arcadius-

Fair enough. I suppose we'll see.

@ Kraniet-

lol you are so stupid.

I always knew I was going to restart after a few weeks. I think that it is a better strategy for all bust the most active, hardcore, users.

And this is not an alibi... I actually intended this as a way to breathe some life into the Byzantium forums. Most of the time it is just spammed by posters like you.

@ Rising Legacy-

Thank you. I try to bring one new idea to the table and BOOM! It blows up in my face. I'm glad someone else sees what I was going for.

@ Thizzle-

It is a cometition to see who will grow fastest etc, does nobody get it?!?!

And, as I said to Kraniet, I am not running away. At all. I was well prepared to fight in the core. I gave up my previous city to try out a new style, is that an issue?

As for the "challenge", well, the challenge is in the competition. It isn't just a random free-for-all with a couple scattered premades. This is an organized way of determining who is best.

And as you said, it has only been 2-3 weeks. On a speed 1 world, that's not much.

Well, excpet for gold users.

DeletedUser21770

So your basically saying...

Give up all the "hard work" you have done in the last 2-3 weeks, and just start over, so you can settle down further away from the other alliances...

Smells to me like someone is running away!

and i seriously dont see any challenge in this? whats the difference between staying where you are now, or starting over? its only been few weeks since start, and its a bigger challenge to stay in the core where all the alliances are, then starting over by yourself...

Is it really that difficult for you guys to understand that you're not all that great?

It's a little something to put something new and a different perspective into the game. If you don't like it, then keep quiet and stop spamming the thread. It's potentially a good idea, and time will tell if it really IS a good idea.

DeletedUser21392

I still see this as a retreat for inexperienced members who just so happened to start at the core and are struggling to stay alive.

Good luck.

DeletedUser

This seems like an interesting idea, to add a new layer to this game, so please as Nintz has already said, stop spamming all the forums, you've turned EVERY SINGLE THREAD INTO A LONG BORING ARGUMENT.

I wont be joining obviosuly but good luck to you :)

DeletedUser

also Nintz said that Kraniet and Thizzle must not post here so.....

DeletedUser

i dont see how anyone could be strugglin already but am on the rim and got my eye's firmly set on the core as always.
see you all soon
better get those walls up.
:)

DeletedUser

I think this is a solution for all those players that just want it nice and easy, and wants to build up a big city in their own timetabel, maybe they should go back to playing with LEGO, or ask InnoGames make a offline dvd version with AI (level Easy + extraEasy)

I'm sorry, I don't see how starting 3 weeks behind is easy+extraeasy.

This is a wargame, it's based on real time conflicts and the game rewards the aggressive players / alliances with the right pacts.

Obviously. That dosen't mean every person plays the game exactly the same way- nor should they. I admit to being a slower, more vertical player. Is that a bad thing? No. It is just different from the norm.

The fastest way to be better is to play against a better / superior player, can't se that happen in the outer rim.

Noobs won't get any better if they just get creamed repeatedly by elite players. The way to get better is by playing against people with a similar skill level. In case you haven't noticed, all of the core alliaces and players and very strong. What about people who are good, but not 2-year vets or gold spammers, huh? The outer rim will have plenty of action, just far later than the core.

And yes you'll end up being beaten the first 2-4 times or forever if you lack the ability to analyse what you did wrong.

People like you sure don't help the process. If everybody had that attitude, 95% of new players would get scared off on day one. Everybody can think logically to some degree. I can certianly do that. I will lose sometimes, yes. That dosen't seem to have anything to do with this though.

I've had my doubts about what kind of player you're - now I know.!

I suppose you are all the same. I have admitted to being a *relatively* expireienced player here. I have also said many many times that I am a vertical builder style. That is not cause for shame- I am proud of it. It is just not common on the forums to see players like me because usually they are branded noobs and laughed out the door.

also Nintz said that Kraniet and Thizzle must not post here so.....

Well, what else was I supposed to do? They spammed the thread in less than a day!!!

i dont see how anyone could be strugglin already but am on the rim and got my eye's firmly set on the core as always.
see you all soon
better get those walls up.
:)

1. Where did you get the idea I was struggling? Did you bother to read the previous posts? I gave up my previous city specifically to try out a new strategy- dosen't mean I wasn't doing well.

2. Aye. See you soon.

DeletedUser

The point of this is to try and make the game a bit more varied and interesting.

1. They don't have to. This is also a "challenge". I wanted to make it difficult.

2. Well, yeah. That's sort of the point.

3. On what grounds? I would say that exp. players would be more tempted to partake in this. The people that may not want to are premium users, seeing as how they paid for the previous progress.

I would ditch the restart idea, and let people that join now take part.. the whole idea of a restart isn't that appealing but a thread about the rim is more interesting to the core as it still includes alot of players.

Also don't you shouldn't separate gold users, a person that person that spends all day farming, vs a person that pays for merchant as they can't farm all day as they work is on the same level.

But on the whole something for the rim is a good idea.

DeletedUser

I would ditch the restart idea, and let people that join now take part.. the whole idea of a restart isn't that appealing but a thread about the rim is more interesting to the core as it still includes alot of players.

Also don't you shouldn't separate gold users, a person that person that spends all day farming, vs a person that pays for merchant as they can't farm all day as they work is on the same level.

But on the whole something for the rim is a good idea.

Okay... okay. I see what you are saying. I'll change the whole restart thing then.

DeletedUser21392

I think a rim alliance challenge is much more appealing than a restart challenge (ty for changing it). I started playing 6 months ago on Upsilon, and yes I started a few weeks late.

This may sound a little different than I previous said, but a player can be succesful even if he doesnt start in the core.

On Upsilon, I started in O36 and later was able to get ranked up to 12th. One of my old alliance mates, Ginox, is now ranked 1. in Upsilon. he also started in O36. So it all depends on playing style and how you work under pressure.

DeletedUser

Nintz i wasn't meaning see you soon. i meant the core MRA's i'd see soon enough :)

DeletedUser

I think a rim alliance challenge is much more appealing than a restart challenge (ty for changing it). I started playing 6 months ago on Upsilon, and yes I started a few weeks late.

This may sound a little different than I previous said, but a player can be succesful even if he doesnt start in the core.

On Upsilon, I started in O36 and later was able to get ranked up to 12th. One of my old alliance mates, Ginox, is now ranked 1. in Upsilon. he also started in O36. So it all depends on playing style and how you work under pressure.

I agree I started on the rim in gamma 3 months after everyone else, I ended up #2, its all about how you play the game at the end of the day and the team around you, the team make the game a good team is the key to success.

DeletedUser21560

The thing i dont get is... Why should it be any different if you start over? you started 3 weeks ago, and got your *** beat...

How would it be any different to start over again?

You started 3 weeks ago, and it was an competition, and you lost... now you want people to reset and start all over again so you can compete with them again lmfao....

anyways this idea is for losers, i do not understand losing, therefor im not a part of that idea...

Im gonna stop "spamming" your thread, good luck tricking people to restart so they can start over with you because you lost...