Riot!

DeletedUser

I am telling that the founder is a very important individual in the alliance I'm not telling that everyone will leave I'm pointing out that the moral will be low which will make the players leave (Not all) with all my respect to Riot

DeletedUser

I am telling that the founder is a very important individual in the alliance I'm not telling that everyone will leave I'm pointing out that the moral will be low which will make the players leave (Not all) with all my respect to Riot

We all know you have no respect for Riot so shut up and stop spamming

DeletedUser

I have very much respect to Riot cause I respect tuza very much and it is not personal why are you taking it that way? We are having fun m8 here and I am sure you guys would have done this on us also don't say no please.Again it's not personal you are taking it that way why?

DeletedUser

Nope cause the founder is an veteran Grepolis player but I don't know very much ask Itulrade or other Riot members.

DeletedUser14786

A Riot is an inferno, an angry, ugly beast,
a short-lived disturbance.

And it's quite alright--Hagop abroumian is a friend of mine, or at the least an acquaintance and I don't hold grudges. :D Two For Flinching, his alliance, gave me more grief on these forums than anybody deserves but that's what alliance leaders do, and I've never shied from a propaganda war.

Riot has come to an end; this was not caused by me being rimmed, as some are wont to believe-- Riot had other issues which I've explained to alliance members. Our alliance picture is fitting on two counts: we were always outmanned and outgunned and the authorities in O54 elected to take down the one fermenting the riot. :p

Things I am proud of:
-Riot fought against 8 or 9 alliances, I lost track between a lot of mergers, disbands, and the fact that the names kept getting changed, but in general we were warring about 400-500 players in the end that had no enemies except Riot. In particular there was a confederation of three alliances that coordinated closely with each other against us led by Two For Flinching-- currently there are over 250 players in those three alliances. Riot got up to 85 members at one point but generally stayed around 70. After Thresher123 and I went to town making cuts, we were down to around 60.

Picture6-9.png

-We scared a lot of people too! I am honored. On a slightly unrelated tangent, we had 4 people leave and join our enemies because they "couldn't take the heat." We rimmed the largest of them--his city belonged to Riot.

-We had an original name (I never played Evony, and I assure you when I thought of the name, it derived inspiration from the world around me). What's more, according to Grepostats there are already at least 4 copycat alliances with variations on the name as of October 14, 2 weeks after the alliance was founded. I consider this the highest of compliments.

-We had between 3 and 10 spies for other alliances at some point in Riot, depending on how loosely you define the term. Not sure I ever got around to catching the last one, but that is a job for another day. I might even start a public blacklist of known spies... like this one:

Picture7-5.png

-We took on about 15-20 players that had never even played Grepolis before, and many of them (like Silistra) are now better players than a lot of "veterans" of the game.

-I had the opportunity to meet up again with a lot of old acquaintances and some true friends, even if only for a short time because not all of them could commit to Athens to keep up with the core.

-What's more, I got to work with some old enemies, and truly understand that alliance nationalism is a silly thing.

-I was the only member of Riot to lose a city, ironically enough. And in a sense it is fitting that Riot's failure should result in my rimming. I figure at this stage of the game the conquests are pretty much free, because everybody has more biremes than light ships anyhow.

Because he is scared that Riot os going to lose.

Ahhh, hogmos, let us not forget how you have been fighting lately!
Picture3-11.png

Picture4-12.png

I'm pretty sure he went after the ships next too.

-Morale was high, right up to the end. I need to apologize to a lot of players I've let down, but I think there is something to be said for how many people resisted our merge. I simply gave them no choice.

Perhaps Riot will come again, perhaps not. If it does, Athens had better be prepared to subdue another Riot because the next one will rage even more.:cool:

DeletedUser17561

well said tuza

perhaps the next speed 2 world will need a RIOT, but for now we are pleased to be part of Flinching - and the fist just got a lot bigger

Tip of the Day: The hydra has a cool icon and if you read the stats with a strobe light they look great. If you get the urge to build one, immediately quake yourself and cast kingly gift on your worst enemy as punishment for your bad judgement

DeletedUser

You know, it is an extremely tough thing founding an alliance. Your premade page gave me an impression that if I didn't make the right moves quick then 24F would have been toast, hence the pacts with 2 other alliances on our part to ensure you could not. Had you and thresher made those cuts earlier, you most likely would have taken the last of the good recruits in our ocean, and I would be a part of your alliance instead of the other way around. However it is hard to do this, truth is, sometimes exceptional players in other worlds simply don't play the new ones they may join enough, and I know you had quite a few like that, and they're not easy to drop. Well I am very proud to have you guys over here so we can make short work of 54 and move on to bigger and better things.

~Freak

DeletedUser14786

I figure something needs to be said in this thread, as this came full circle.

Freaknasty022 founded 2 For Flinching, and he drove me nuts a year ago in his ability to outmaneuver me as an alliance leader. After I merged Riot to 24F Freak took care of the guys I brought to Athens.

I decided to give his alliance on Naxos a chance in June-- and although I was skeptical at the time I have never regretted that decision. As a leader in his Naxos alliance I can admit that he's probably the best alliance leader I've ever come across and he made brilliant decisions that I would never have myself. I feel fortunate to have been privy to his decisions, which actively shaped and gave longevity to Naxos. His decisions still resound across that server months after he's left.

Now that you've quit grepo for some time again, this is to you Freak. Cheers to Freak, the greatest alliance leader in Grepolis!

DeletedUser14786

Agreed!! Although the ragequit was hard to swallow :/

I heard about that ragequit... but I know nothing of the details so you can say much more on that than I can. Well nobody's perfect I guess. Good to see you Jono!

DeletedUser22708

Agreed, 24F was a brilliant alliance and the world would have looked otherwise if it wasn't for the disband. But that's in the past and i would love to play in a new world with freak, and the rest of the old 24F crew if i wasn't so busy. and jono ;)

DeletedUser

I heard about that ragequit... but I know nothing of the details so you can say much more on that than I can. Well nobody's perfect I guess. Good to see you Jono!

Yes, out of nowhere he disbanded the allaince, after we had done a successful OP on NN as well :( The reasons are in the externals, basically freak got sick of NN's gold whoring and merging i think ;) Good to see you as well man, how have you been??

Agreed, 24F was a brilliant alliance and the world would have looked otherwise if it wasn't for the disband. But that's in the past and i would love to play in a new world with freak, and the rest of the old 24F crew if i wasn't so busy. and jono ;)

Yes imo we should have won it ;) But its hard to read the future haha. Yes a new 24f premade would be awesome, we did one in rhethymnos and held no.1 for 2 months, and that was without any major ex-24fers from athens ;) Another one is being planned, but not till pisto gets back in like a year :/ We already have quite a few names though haha ;)