Milestones Rise or Sink (Top 12 Alliance)

• Thread starter DeletedUser31057
  • Start date

DeletedUser

GG everyone. Well, to be fair, it wouldn't have happened without you guys either. Thanks for being good sports and hanging there until the end and not quitting. To Joe, congrats on the baby man. Kids are the biggest blessing in this world. See y'all in the next world.

DeletedUser

Having been through WW's now, what could make the game more fun towards the end? I feel like it really slowed down. Something to engage more battles, etc? Any ideas?

DeletedUser29371

Having been through WW's now, what could make the game more fun towards the end? I feel like it really slowed down. Something to engage more battles, etc? Any ideas?

Well the most important thing to make it more fun is less backstabers and smaller alliance cap....

That way people would not bend to 1 or other side but would rather go for independent victory! 200 alliance cap is a joke and if people get no award (being outside the alliance) it means more chances of them wanting to compete.... now even alot of noobs got the award.... people who have no skill but simmed all the way.

I personally think giving top 7 alliance 1 wonder EACH and thats it... that way everyone would HAVE to fight for them... Current system does not make the better alliance win just the alliance who has more cities and/or activity....

Congratulatiosn atleast I can be gone from the game forever :)

DeletedUser

Good game, guys. Have enjoyed playing this with and against you. Congrats

DeletedUser32565

GG everyone. Well, to be fair, it wouldn't have happened without you guys either. Thanks for being good sports and hanging there until the end and not quitting. To Joe, congrats on the baby man. Kids are the biggest blessing in this world. See y'all in the next world.

well tbh I second that sentiment, if it wasn't for BOTH our alliances racing against each other this server would have been dead. And I personally am gonna miss the rivalry I had with some of the MONKEYS, there was no moaning, no crying about things, it was just good clean banter and I would hope to chat to them again on another world,,so GOOD LUCK guys in whatever you do!

DeletedUser31322

Well the most important thing to make it more fun is less backstabers and smaller alliance cap....

That way people would not bend to 1 or other side but would rather go for independent victory! 200 alliance cap is a joke and if people get no award (being outside the alliance) it means more chances of them wanting to compete.... now even alot of noobs got the award.... people who have no skill but simmed all the way.

I personally think giving top 7 alliance 1 wonder EACH and thats it... that way everyone would HAVE to fight for them... Current system does not make the better alliance win just the alliance who has more cities and/or activity....

there are world with 50alliance cap , nobody forced you to join this world . You knew the rules of olympia from the beginning .
until the end you always have to give your malicious comment , So lets say that a lot of Noobs were on the right side of the ocean .. luckily and proudly i am one of them.
for all the Other guys of Sm monkeys congratulations to all of you , until the end always close ....strongest enemy i ever had .

DeletedUser

I agree there, the alliance cap was large and definitely created a big advantage.

DeletedUser38465

I would like to give a thanks to all players that were good and loyal, that never got to finish the game due to complications with RL. I would like to say good luck Spider Monkeys, Joe, Alcarin, Timmy, izmen & co. And also Congratulations to my teammates, both old and new. It was a hard fought world

Now this is my first world on Grepolis, so I don't know if its like this in every world. But..

Olympia sure has been a rollercoaster ride since I have been playing, with its ups and downs. Surprises both negative and positive. Good teammates that came and went. I have grown many friendships here, if anything I am glad to have played with the best of Olympia :)

DeletedUser29194

there have been many ups and downs , and a thought to some great players that left for real life issues , that did a lot of hard work to lay strong foundations for us today . its my second world , my first i got 8 cities then rimmed , and in this one i got 80 cities and a win .
i'v made some good friends along the way , we have had a good laugh and a joke .
best of luck to those either not paying again and those that do play again hopefully the next time will be a more fun and enjoyable from the lessons learned in olympia

DeletedUser31057

If you lose you should not be there to explain :D

DeletedUser29371

If you lose you should not be there to explain :D

If you get carried to Victory you should'nt either :D

Anyhow congratulations to Enigma who carried their players to the win however skilled and useful they were ... I'm off from the forums and the game :) was a pleasure competing!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26532

there are world with 50alliance cap , nobody forced you to join this world . You knew the rules of olympia from the beginning .
until the end you always have to give your malicious comment , So lets say that a lot of Noobs were on the right side of the ocean .. luckily and proudly i am one of them.
for all the Other guys of Sm monkeys congratulations to all of you , until the end always close ....strongest enemy i ever had .

You have answered him rightly, so i don't need to answer..

I thought the monkeys were sure winners before the world started

Congrats Enigma!!!!! Congrats Joe on your Baby

DeletedUser

Good game, everyone. It has definitely been a fun and learning experience for me.
As for game settings, having speed 1 definitely makes things take a bit, but having a high alliance total made the end happen faster than it would have otherwise. It wasn't like Spider Monkeys didn't try and fight fire with fire by taking in a bunch more players to help their resource production at the end, it was just too little too late. You probably won't be around to answer this, Alcarin, but if the situation had been reversed and SM would have won, would you have made the same statement about carrying players (members of your own alliance) to the end? I don't think so. Just another example of the hypocrisy.
Also, throwing in the bit about backstabbers seems a bit silly at this point, don't you think? It looks to me like at the end of the day, the Enigma founders were true to their word in working with their alliance members for the win. That certainly could have been a different group of people, but choices were made and now we all have to live with the consequences. In fact, Spider Monkeys weren't the only ones claiming that the Enigma founders were trying to cheat everyone out of a crown, but it turns out that they proved all the doubters wrong.
Thanks for playing and I hope to see some of you around in other worlds in the future.

DeletedUser31057

In few more days, the World Olympia (EN 39) will closed. This world, is 1 of the 7 active server in 2nd generation of world warriors. Others say, it is a mystery why up until these days this server still active despite the fact that we've already won the 4 WW and the 7 WW ages ago. Perhaps, the moderator of this forum have something to say about it. ;)

DeletedUser

Well, one last shout out to everybody. This was my first world and I enjoyed the heck out of the friendships and the rivalries. Some of those even blended...friends from rivals. I feel like everybody who stuck it out to the end of World Wonders had a winning experience. Anyway, I had a blast and learned a lot. Glad to have played in this world. Cheers everybody!