Ruined

DeletedUser48785

Is it just me or does anyone else think that this gold trading and such has ruined the game. we are not even out of BP and someone has settled 5 cities. I wish grepo would open a server like the old gamma, Pre patch, no heros, no gold trade, no moral, no ww. I think this would revitalize alot of older players. I just think it went from pay for advantage to pay to win. Disgruntled to say the least.

DeletedUser15283

I agree. This server proves how out of hand this gets. This is a game, not a pay-your-way-through thing. This guy obviously is most-likely cheating. He has five cities with over 9k BP when beginner's protection is not even over yet, which means he would have to do the same offensive quests over and over again. It's complete .

DeletedUser44785

Gold trade has unbalanced this game and in turn it is impossible to compete with no gold to someone with gold. Where in gamma alpha theta beta the great worlds there was no clear advantage it just made the game easier.

Please demolish gold trading it is providing an unbalance. Please care about your player base instead of your wallets. Money will be made either way but more will come from more players wanting to play. Not 100 players paying a bunch.

This game will die if they don't fix it

DeletedUser25607

...He has five cities with over 9k BP when beginner's protection is not even over yet, which means he would have to do the same offensive quests over and over again. It's complete .

Well, he spends a lot of gold for buying resources, Olympic games, quests. But it doesn't really matter on long run - 1 person even very gold-generous is not decisive in this game.

DeletedUser46838

Well, he spends a lot of gold for buying resources, Olympic games, quests. But it doesn't really matter on long run - 1 person even very gold-generous is not decisive in this game.

Even so, he has a pretty clear advantage where as when I played the game quite a long time ago, no one had "5 cities before a 4 day BP" was over

DeletedUser44785

The game is unbalanced. simple as that. Inno wants money this is a business decision. I'm just glad they quit pumping worlds out

DeletedUser25607

Even so, he has a pretty clear advantage where as when I played the game quite a long time ago, no one had "5 cities before a 4 day BP" was over

There are often some unique gold-spenders in worlds. For example, before "Phoenician Merchant" was restricted with lowering trading odds - there was a player who conquered (not founded!) a city straight after BP end. And not in speed-3 but in speed-1 world.
Or another player who could build freshly-founded city to conquest-readiness in several hours in speed-1 (alliance provided him with resources though).

But such people are very rare and not really influence the final outcome.

DeletedUser46838

They end up leaving their alliance and fight the world (specsopsX) I think I spelled his name right

DeletedUser15283

I just don't like how Inno has developed Grepolis as a whole. Gold greedy and sim filling. I remember when you actually had to fight over who is taking a certain city, not who is taking an open spot on a worthless WW island 4 months before a game starts. It's not too late. They could downgrade gold as an aspect in the game and make some new game modes that might actually force some conflict.

DeletedUser48785

I played on gamma back in the day. No worry about simming and pumping resources into WW for a stupid crown, it was conquer or be conquered. Someone with 5 cities comming out of BP has a huge advantage over others in the area. not saying its deciding but its a bit annoying how much of an advantage you get for spending money. I maybe get admin every once in a while, but used to do it through sponser pay and watch little videos . its just grinds my gears. If they brought back a pre patch, 3,3 or even 2,2 conquest with no moral or gold trading or heros ( just like gamma of old) I would exclusively play that.

DeletedUser15283

I played on gamma back in the day. No worry about simming and pumping resources into WW for a stupid crown, it was conquer or be conquered. Someone with 5 cities comming out of BP has a huge advantage over others in the area. not saying its deciding but its a bit annoying how much of an advantage you get for spending money. I maybe get admin every once in a while, but used to do it through sponser pay and watch little videos . its just grinds my gears. If they brought back a pre patch, 3,3 or even 2,2 conquest with no moral or gold trading or heros ( just like gamma of old) I would exclusively play that.

Amen.:pro:

DeletedUser44785

if you read any reviews about grepolis. There negative from newcomers. Why because were in a simmer world not a gamma type where you had to fight to survive and it was about skill instead of money. It is a shame there are no classic worlds out there

DeletedUser

I just want to see inno's bank statement then I'll make a judgement. For real though we got to level this out a little. Skill only goes so far

DeletedUser29066

I just want to see inno's bank statement then I'll make a judgement. For real though we got to level this out a little. Skill only goes so far

can we all say cha-CHING boys and girls

DeletedUser48785

Awwww Druvi, I have seen you on the externals quite a bit, such a shame that you are so far away. You are quite the character haha.

DeletedUser43325

From my understanding, the instant buy function is believe to be relatively equal to the way gold was used on previous servers over the long run. This is primarily based on the assumption that the gold abuse will go down as the server progresses. You will have less of a need to instantly build buildings or buy troops when you have several conquest ready cities under your belt. Whereas in simply cutting times most heavy gold users will cut everything regardless of the stage of the game.

All I can say is, we'll see. Honestly on Inno's part I think the logic is there, but certainly it is a bit annoying going through the early stages when the abuse is so blatant and rampant.