Rumor has it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser41523

Getting banned won’t carry an alliance either though. It just puts enemies back in the game.

Least I can ping the dude in the core for troops reliably.

DeletedUser55889

Whoa, now, 'destroy'?
Sorry, where did JFL go?
This, ladies and gentlemen, is the ego talking. You didn't destroy anything or anyone, you only spammed the entire alliance. Don't make yourself out to be a G.O.A.T in this game if all you do is exactly just that. I play differently than you, and if you honestly the way I play is '0/10' then you're really lying to yourself, because you and I both seen what bad players look like. But like I said, I don't need to prove anything. I'm reliable, but I have a life.

Plock, fight your own battles, if you can't do that don't talk. You have the same issue when it comes to Ego just as much as Sema does; maybe you two should start an alliance and feed off each other. x

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser55889

Done from my side, arguing with Semajoes is like talking to a brick wall. Except imagine this brick wall has a massive (fragile) ego. He'll just throw whatever you say at him back your way with a twisted psychotic mentality.

Soz ma dudes, I should know better not to get triggered :( :<

DeletedUser55424

Whoa, now, 'destroy'?
Sorry, where did JFL go? Charlie is a proven botter, I can bet a lot and say all those bans you had on Kastoria were for the same thing, especially your last one which was permanent I believe? Only reason you didn't crawl back into the world.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is the ego talking. You didn't destroy anything or anyone, you only spammed the entire alliance. Don't make yourself out to be a G.O.A.T in this game if all you do is exactly just that. I play differently than you, and if you honestly the way I play is '0/10' then you're really lying to yourself, because you and I both seen what bad players look like. But like I said, I don't need to prove anything. I'm reliable, but I have a life.

Plock, fight your own battles, if you can't do that don't talk. You have the same issue when it comes to Ego just as much as Sema does; maybe you two should start an alliance and feed off each other. x

I have the huge ego? All you do is talk about is past worlds and yourself, grow some kahonas and take my city like you said you would.

Last edited:

DeletedUser55346

Next time guys and grills just update how many citys u win/loose from each other and everything will be fine... Rumors will grow faster than you can imagine.

DeletedUser41523

Ya know. It’s been 3ish years and I still don’t get the whole spam thing. Where’s the satisfaction in forcing someone into inactivity by being annoying? It’d be more fulfilling to just beat them in a war.

DeletedUser45360

Ya know. It’s been 3ish years and I still don’t get the whole spam thing. Where’s the satisfaction in forcing someone into inactivity by being annoying? It’d be more fulfilling to just beat them in a war.

There is no fun in spamming people, but if you as a alliance leader allow your teammates to be spammed, then they will all quit.

This is a simple concept that most leaders don't seem to understand, they just think that if you don't spam the enemy back, then they will eventually stop spamming. Nope, to prevent being a long term victim of spam, you must spam back.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser41523

No I understand that, I've led. A lot. I've also made spammers quit because we spam back. But I still don't get the point of spam or why someone would want to start spamming another player unprovoked. There's no real achievement in it. But its at the point where if they removed the app alarm, I wouldn't even be mad.

DeletedUser45360

No I understand that, I've led. A lot. I've also made spammers quit because we spam back. But I still don't get the point of spam or why someone would want to start spamming another player unprovoked. There's no real achievement in it. But its at the point where if they removed the app alarm, I wouldn't even be mad.

I think spam generally starts due to a very broad definition of what spam is. For example, I was attacked by a player on my island and I tried to catch his troops on the return. 30 seconds before my attack landed I launched dozens of attacks, to make his Grepolis lag to increase my chances of hitting his troops. This was deemed as spam by the victim and it started a spam war.

There is also the player that will attack you every 5 minutes and say that it is not spam, but a technique to prevent you from golding. A lot of people have different opinions to this.

Finally, there is the player who believes timing a bunch of attacks to conquer his city is spam and a spam war should begin because of it.

DeletedUser41523

I use a general rule. once an hour if online (trying to catch). More if you got them caught or think you got them caught. But this is also because I don't want to set off anyone's alarm. Since if I catch someone's troops, I'll usually send a CS or point out that the city can be CSed if I don't have a slot or the time to take the town.

I tend not to want to spam unless i'm being spammed or my team is.

1saaa

Strategos
rumour has it that there are no more rumours being posted on this thread...

come on guys! give me the latest gossip :D

Edit: Rumour has it that this post is now hypocritical :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser40620

I think spam generally starts due to a very broad definition of what spam is. For example, I was attacked by a player on my island and I tried to catch his troops on the return. 30 seconds before my attack landed I launched dozens of attacks, to make his Grepolis lag to increase my chances of hitting his troops. This was deemed as spam by the victim and it started a spam war.

There is also the player that will attack you every 5 minutes and say that it is not spam, but a technique to prevent you from golding. A lot of people have different opinions to this.

Finally, there is the player who believes timing a bunch of attacks to conquer his city is spam and a spam war should begin because of it.

This hits the nail on the head......spam as an actionable offence must have a clear and definitive set of parameters. No one can seem to agree on parameters though LOL.

But if you took spamming out of the game (assuming it could be defined and actioned) then what would be the repercussions ?
What brings a team together ? Triumph or adversity?

I would ask this of you

Assume you are a leader of a reasonable alliance (A big ask for some I know LOL) and a relatively unknown player, we'll name "Nooby Noob" complains in the forum about being spammed from an enemy alliance. The enemy player is a fairly respectable player of many years in grep. The evidence of spamming is 30 attacks to same city over the course of 4 hrs.

As a leader how would you deal with this?

P.S. Rumour has it that some people in this thread a rumour mongers :D

1saaa

Strategos
This hits the nail on the head......spam as an actionable offence must have a clear and definitive set of parameters. No one can seem to agree on parameters though LOL.

But if you took spamming out of the game (assuming it could be defined and actioned) then what would be the repercussions ?

I would ask this of you

Assume you are a leader of a reasonable alliance (A big ask for some I know LOL) and a relatively unknown player, we'll name "Nooby Noob" complains in the forum about being spammed from an enemy alliance. The enemy player is a fairly respectable player of many years in grep. The evidence of spamming is 30 attacks to same city over the course of 4 hrs.

i am going to basically make myself a hypocrite now by answering what is actually a very interesting question :D

for me it would depend on a few things. first of all wether or not the player had made similar complaints (or has complained about other things before). then i would check how valid those claims were. if his complaints had almost always been false i would try and talk it over with the player who complained and see if i can gain more details (like the attacking players history). after gaining those details i would then decide wether to send a PM to the other leader/ the attacking player or just leave it.

if there was a chance that the claims were valid i would try to take it up with the other teams leader but i would first check if my team has done anything similar or wether or not i was in good terms with the other leader. those factors would affect how i would handle the discussion with the other leader.

overall i TRY to think through things and investigate the situation before sending PM's.

P.S i am generally against spam attacking unless it is in retaliation.

Last edited:

DeletedUser54331

I would ask this of you

4hrs... does that even constitute as a spam? Unless it continues for a couple of days, i wouldnt consider it as a spam.
If someone is complaining for just being hit constantly for a few hrs... you should probably ask him/her to toughen up and stop being a cry baby.

DeletedUser54965

rumor has it PG is a god. lmao its not a rumor duh its true

DeletedUser41523

4hrs... does that even constitute as a spam? Unless it continues for a couple of days, i wouldnt consider it as a spam.
If someone is complaining for just being hit constantly for a few hrs... you should probably ask him/her to toughen up and stop being a cry baby.

Yeah it is? Imagine being spammed for 4 hours at night. You’ve just had your necessary sleep time cut in half. Imagine having a full time job and having to do it on 4 hours of sleep or having your alarm go off during it. That’s not sustainable and is why people quit the game. Hell I don’t have any plans to play this game after graduate school or even after this world. Simply because of this factor with the alarm.

And honestly if this doesn’t get figured out. Everyone here is either going to quit or be on the outside looking in at the game because it died harder than Yik Yak.

NutsNBoltz

Strategos
Spamming, and interesting topic for sure, one that I feel inclined to weigh in on. Not that anyone will care, but Nuts's 2 cents. I've generally noticed that, if someone spams someone, let's say their 10 cities, I will usually spam because
1- Spies are useless, I can get all the info I need off your wall
and
2- because maybe you forgot to dodge that LS nuke the other day.

And so, the spamming begins, and when I do it, I dodge any other offense I need to, and then there's little repercussions. To stop a spammer, spam back. Plus, spamming is great for collecting intel. "you build LS here?" thanks "harpies here?" thanks DLU here? Birs here? THANKS.

If you dislike spamming, there are ways to prevent it/ways for it not to bother you. I'm speaking on this as a revolt player mind you, so I know some of you HURDCURE CURQOEST PLUYERS won't agree (I joke of course). however there's a way to counter everything. There is no unbeatable strategy, there is no unbeatable wallet either.

There's simply beatable teams. If your weakest link can't handle it, they will fall, and another, etc etc. You will be never stronger than the bottom of the totem pole. #endrant. #higrepolisworld

Status
Not open for further replies.