Rumor has it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser54331

Yeah it is? Imagine being spammed for 4 hours at night. You’ve just had your necessary sleep time cut in half. Imagine having a full time job and having to do it on 4 hours of sleep or having your alarm go off during it. That’s not sustainable and is why people quit the game. Hell I don’t have any plans to play this game after graduate school or even after this world. Simply because of this factor with the alarm.

And honestly if this doesn’t get figured out. Everyone here is either going to quit or be on the outside looking in at the game because it died harder than Yik Yak.
i dont get it. Isnt it whole point of the game. To catch people when they are unable to access the computer. Isnt it why people try to hit the enemies when they are alseep. It ultimately depends on how much your rl is condusive to being a great grepo player.

If you want to be a great grepo player and have an amazing work/real life its just not possible. Gotta sacrifice something. It if you have an imp meeting next day and need your sleep, its not the end of the world losing a city or two. However, You can be a decent grepo player and have a decent rl, and thats all i aspire to be.

PS: If you dont want the alarm to disturb you then turn it off (like while sleeping) and then turn it on when you feel that you are able to devote a few minutes to the game now and again.

DeletedUser45360

i dont get it. Isnt it whole point of the game. To catch people when they are unable to access the computer. Isnt it why people try to hit the enemies when they are alseep. It ultimately depends on how much your rl is condusive to being a great grepo player.

If you want to be a great grepo player and have an amazing work/real life its just not possible. Gotta sacrifice something. It if you have an imp meeting next day and need your sleep, its not the end of the world losing a city or two. However, You can be a decent grepo player and have a decent rl, and thats all i aspire to be.

PS: If you dont want the alarm to disturb you then turn it off (like while sleeping) and then turn it on when you feel that you are able to devote a few minutes to the game now and again.

Lol. The best player on EN109, does not use alarms and slept every night for 8 hours. He currently ranks first in everything on that world.

DeletedUser55889

In Semajoes' dictionary, what constitutes as 'no alarm' is a player who isn't on 24/7 wide awake.

DeletedUser54331

Lol. The best player on EN109, does not use alarms and slept every night for 8 hours. He currently ranks first in everything on that world.
i think then, that says more about his enemies than him.

PS: i have no idea who he is, nor i wanna check.

DeletedUser41523

I'm not referencing catching people off. That part I get. Overloading someone's alarm to force them out is something different however.

1saaa

Strategos
how about spy bombing?

would it be considered a valid tactic or does it just go under the 'spam umbrella'

1saaa

Strategos
No such thing as spamming, its a war game and ALL tactics are valid. All these so called definitions of spam have always been in the game, the only difference now is the annoying alarm. If you dont like being attacked when it's 'inconvenient' for you then leave!

being attacked when it is inconvenient is annoying but is as you have said a part of the game (one that i have became well aware of).

i think the problem with spamming is that it is a huge amount of attacks that could be considered cowardly or unskilled by many. or it can be considered a tactic used by teams who cannot fight back due the balance of the server.

when there are 100s of attacks incoming with many being recalled just to trigger the alarm it is almost impossible to tell when ones are actual attacks and when they are just used to trigger the alarm. i do not claim to have experience in being spammed but i am almost positive it is a very challenging experience.

also about all tactics being valid. whilst that is true i think it is good that all players should. maintain a certain level of honour and 'good sportsmanship' when fighting in this game. although, that is not always possible.

DeletedUser51423

Hey guys.
As much as I love the intelligent and thoughtful discussion about spamming, this is a rumor thread. Please feel free to bring the spamming conversation to the Acropolis.

DeletedUser54313

I heard a rumor that Kev didn't retired as plan and has gone into hiding

DeletedUser54965

Hey guys.
As much as I love the intelligent and thoughtful discussion about spamming, this is a rumor thread. Please feel free to bring the spamming conversation to the Acropolis.

no one likes you go elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.