Running smoothly or creating deadlocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser23986

This thread is not about moderation. Its about the rules themselves.

I am interested in knowing if the rules exist to help the forums run smoothly, or to create deadlocks where a certain person or certain idea could not be discussed at all.

For example, officially:
What is the Re-Vote Discussions section for?
Initially it was to be used only for ideas that have been eligible for a re-vote. This section will also house ideas that are not being looked for at the moment. Ideas such as those would be new gods ideas, free gold ideas, computerized players, bots, etc. There is no point (none that I can think of at least) to put an idea up to vote and send it to the devs, if they are not at this time thinking of including a new god, or making it possible for players to attain gold from attacks like a 4th resource.
However, it is the general consensus now that such discussions should not be allowed, and any such ideas immediately shut down.

Similarly:
These formats are guides to how your ideas should be presented.
However there has been a trend to shut down ideas if they lack the necessary format, irrespective of the fact how clearly they have been mentioned. If I ask for a button to deactivate gigantic unit images, I need to apply a format, in which I cannot fill any of the concerned columns sensibly, rather than just saying what I want.

These are just mere examples. Again i am not talking about moderation, i am talking about rules. Why should players be stopped from expressing themselves freely, when it can cause no apparent harm? Should not the rules be worded more carefully to ensure that players know what exactly will be against rules?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
In one sense you are right I should update the re-vote discussion explanation so it accurately reflects that free gold ideas, new gods/units, world types etc aren't up for discussion. I/pebble do not close these ideas because we don't like them but simple because Inno won't implement ideas such as those regardless of how much you guys talk about it and want it. Reason being world types require a lot of new coding and since they got rid of Hero worlds for being a different version and running two or more versions of a game is more difficult then just one or two. Also new Gods and units won't be implemented unless Inno decides to add them since they would upset the balance of the game and thus adding new ones takes a long amount of time so that they fit into the current system of Gods and their units.

As for the format. That is very important, not for us, but for the Devs. When I send an idea up I have to send it up in format so that they are easily able to understand the concept and it's proposed benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.