Inactive Topic Sacrifice Troops for favor

DeletedUser

Proposal:
My proposal is that you should be able to sacrifice troops to get favor. It would have to be depending to which god you sacrificed to for how much favor you get. Hades, for example, would get more than Athena. I'm thinking that maybe the standard favor you get from sacrifice is the population that those troops take up, so if you sacrifice swordsmen then you get 1 favor per swordsman, if you sacrifice horsemen you get 3. There are probably a lot of variations on this idea like killing 50 enemies gets you 5 extra favor or something. The thing is, favor isn't a resource, so why should the only way to get it be like resources? you can't farm for favor, well not yet anyway :) :pro:

Have you Checked the 'Do not suggest list/previously suggested ideas' in the 'Archive'
No

Reason:
It would make the game better

Details:
Explained in proposal

Visual Aids:
:pro:

Balance:
N/A

Abuse Prevention:
N/A

Summary:
Proposal says it all

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Essentially what this is is paying resources for favour...?

I mean, i like the idea, but i just don't think it is feasible.

Also, to your 'reason- it would make the game better': in what ways?

DeletedUser18132

Then people would use CSs only for sacraficing! So I say no.

DeletedUser

But maybe the sacrifice would take time, and there be a limit of 50 population per sacrifice. People wouldnt use CS only for sacrifice - those things cost a buttload.

DeletedUser

But maybe the sacrifice would take time, and there be a limit of 50 population per sacrifice. People wouldnt use CS only for sacrifice - those things cost a buttload.

10k of each resource is nothing.

DeletedUser20429

sorry but I must agree with Sj and Alpha on this. With a lvl 30 Warehouse+Ceramics research it holds 25k in res now 10k isn't that much when you have 25k res is it? And if you have mathematics research CS's are even cheaper! Only 9k!

DeletedUser

I like the idea of sacrificing troops for favor. It was believed that sacrificing troops would give better yields when farming and other things. I would recommend that if done it be half the favor rate for Favor to Wood (800), calculated by the resource cost of the troop (troops only no naval). Different gods should give different ratios for different troops (35% to 65%).
EG: 800 wood from 120 favor with Hera. Slinger costs 200 and Hera gives 50% for slingers.
So Favor = Cost * Exchange * Rate = 200 * 120/800 * 0.5 = 15 favor

Thus sacrificing a slinger to Hera would give 15 favor.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18132

No. This, I beleive was rejected first rejected one and a half years ago.

DeletedUser

I think enough has been said. There would have to be some sort of limit on this. It might not seem as unbalanced in the beggining, but in later stages of the game once people are hitting 60+ cities it is too easy to use your cities on the back lines as constant favor farm.

I have seen colony ships killed because of fast click work with the patroness spell.

DeletedUser

I like the idea.. Could tie it into the Gods animals..

Poseidon you'd sack horsemen
Hera you'd sack swordsmen
etc..

DeletedUser

If this was done their should be awards to like you have now sacraficed 10,000 units or something.

Varun

Strategos
I disagree with the idea. It will also provide a lot of benefit in WW building. Suppose an alliance makes a group of players as the main WW builders. The alliance will constantly support their city while they constantly produce troops and sacrifice them to gain favour. This favour can be used to accelerate the WW building process. Plus, it will be an added benefit to MRA's where one-fourth can be builders, one-fourth can be resource senders, one-fourth can be on offense and the other one-fourth can be on defense