Saturday Updates

DeletedUser38465

I have an idea, something I wanted to do on the previous server. Have updates on the top 12 every saturday, nothing special. And really have little or no biased opinion in it, I may add a few jokes for my friends in formerly known as HERT, at best.

Anyways,

I have noticed that most "newspapers" never last on servers. I can keep it going throughout the year, and I want to do it in the form of videos.

I like making videos. It would only be about 4 minutes or so long. Maybe humorous, controversial whatever. At best help keep some activity in the forums, and the least keeping track of the world in its growth and prosperity.

To put it briefly, I would include this in each video.

The Top 12 itself
Current wars of the top 12: And city gains/losses comparison.
Alliances on the rise, alliances on the demise
Maybe include at the end of each video include a top 5 funniest reports, screenshot of course.

I haven't worked it all out in my head yet, but I have some good ideas on the layout and planning of the video.

I would like to do this just to keep the record of this world, it is shaping up to be the best, or one of the best ones. Might I add, could be one of the best later on. And the videos would not take me a long time to make. I have made a few for this game in the past.

What do you all think?

DeletedUser42118

Bang on idea, i'm sure many would watch it!

Gotta make it humorous as well as informative but the idea sounds great.

DeletedUser

Any kind of activity is good activity, my all means morti, go for it.

DeletedUser

I personally love the idea, hate seeing world forums die quickly.

DeletedUser47993

This sounds like a great idea I assume from your post the first vid is Saturday hopefully...

DeletedUser

I always meant to write a script that pulled the feed generated a newspaper with war stats in it. No propaganda or trash talk, just cold hard numbers. Maybe I'll get around to it this time

DeletedUser38465

I will post the first one on Saturday.

What I will do is, Friday night I will take all information. That way it is as close to the post date, so there won't be problems with current events taking place.

DeletedUser30111

I always meant to write a script that pulled the feed generated a newspaper with war stats in it. No propaganda or trash talk, just cold hard numbers. Maybe I'll get around to it this time

I did this in Troy for about a year, was the only thing to keep the forums alive there. Would be good to see in this world as well, good argument info.

As for op idea, very great, I think much more people would commit to watching a 4 minute video rather than reading a newspaper. Let me know if there's anything I can help with.

DeletedUser

lol thats where I got the idea from, I've been toying with the idea of automating it. I used to look forward to you updates.

Are you playing 81? What username are you under?