Save the game - deal with bots

• Thread starter DeletedUser41715
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser41715

Unfortunately bots are killing this game. Not actually the bots themselves but the suspicions. When someone manages some excellent timings, most players think that its because of bot using. Inno must protect their product and it looks like they fail. Many players quit because they believe that there are many people cheating. Others are dissapointed when they are unfairly accused as cheaters. Something must be done and the solution is simple. Inno must open the accounts of top 200 players of every server at random times every 1-2 weeks. They can check this way if the player is using illegal script. I don't see any other way to deal with the problem

DeletedUser25249

this sounds like when some one says who farted but really it was them all the time...:cool:

DeletedUser52206

this sounds like when some one says who farted but really it was them all the time...:cool:

and this is exactly the sort of reaction gka is talking about...

or you are just a troll who likes some attention. maybe Digi was right

Aethilla

Phrourach

Absolutely brilliant

and kdaroks is speaking about the guy that admitted to me in writing that gaby-kitty routinely allows her Medical Assistant to log in and dodge and snipe for her when she is busy in a consultation, so it appears he does condone some forms of cheating, this was also bought to the attention of the mods but like the Bot business nothing has been done

Last edited:

DeletedUser13405

Unfortunately bots are killing this game. Not actually the bots themselves but the suspicions. When someone manages some excellent timings, most players think that its because of bot using. Inno must protect their product and it looks like they fail. Many players quit because they believe that there are many people cheating. Others are dissapointed when they are unfairly accused as cheaters. Something must be done and the solution is simple. Inno must open the accounts of top 200 players of every server at random times every 1-2 weeks. They can check this way if the player is using illegal script. I don't see any other way to deal with the problem

I couldn't agree more mate. Its a big problem. And I thank you for bringing it up.

Those of us who played Rhammus saw just how big of a problem it really was when WW started and a certain alliance in Rhammus (that is now prominent in Carphi under a different name) used a bot that automatically sent resources to WW. Of course, the WWs grew faster and ultimately they completed the WW. Then a few of their members joined the next world and bragged about it...started sending around screenshots of the bot and conversations where those players were instructing others how to use it. Well, a few of us reported the problem to Rhammus mods and those players were banned, but they did not lose their WW or any ill-gotten "accomplishments." It really wrecked a good world and what would have been some great battles over WW.

That may be why certain folks (myself included) are pretty sensitive to it. We at FB have already caught several bot users on this server by reporting them to the right people and we have become pretty good at identifying the usage. I say pretty good...not perfect.

Tight timings definitely do not make one a bot user. Exceptionally tight timings time after time does raise suspicion, unfortunately. I would happily support your idea of having accounts checked periodically or having some type of software developed that disabled the use of all scripts (if that was even possible).

Win or lose, an honest fight is always preferred.

DeletedUser41523

Hey world :)

Botting was a problem in the worlds I played in the US as well, specifically Actium. But honestly I don't mind botting. Mostly because everyone that gets caught doing it just has the funniest reactions from flat out denial to pure rage. i even saw one person openly post screen shots of a player admitting he was botting with another player and then try to deny the whole thing in front of 200+ people. I like making people rage so this amuses me, by all means keep botting, please post videos of your reactions to being banned or outted too!

DeletedUser41715

Some people simply don't understand what they read. I don't started a thread to complain about bot users to cover my tracks or something like that. I started a thread by proposing a solution which will solve the problem 100% in order not to have noobs like kdarok or aethilla accusing people without proof and finding swallow excuses to cover their incompetence.
Dear laura I don't know what other players do, it was just my guess. However publishing private conversations, show your character. If you spent half of your time that you waste for sending tickets to the mods, to defend your cities, you could had better results. By the way, when you return from VM? We really missed you

DeletedUser25249

Some people simply don't understand what they read. I don't started a thread to complain about bot users to cover my tracks or something like that. I started a thread by proposing a solution which will solve the problem 100% in order not to have noobs like kdarok or aethilla accusing people without proof and finding swallow excuses to cover their incompetence.
Dear laura I don't know what other players do, it was just my guess. However publishing private conversations, show your character. If you spent half of your time that you waste for sending tickets to the mods, to defend your cities, you could had better results. By the way, when you return from VM? We really missed you

them sound like fighting words, ill smash you bot or no bot, you game bro cause i still have my account active and accommodate you

Aethilla

Phrourach

For someone who is only guessing at what other people do, you sure have a lot of detail such as the Medical Assistant being gaby-kitty's sister
smiley_emoticons_biggrin.gif

DeletedUser41715

Dear laura, the reports you posted show only some good timed attacks/supps. Not all. Many of them have more than 10 secs gap. Well?
PS. VM is not limitless

DeletedUser52791

Dear laura, the reports you posted show only some good timed attacks/supps. Not all. Many of them have more than 10 secs gap. Well?
PS. VM is not limitless

No, all my attacks and supps were perfect. 10 secs gap noob But I didnt do that, my mouse did that

DeletedUser

Had similar experiences with consistently perfect BZC timings in Taras, either they've got the fastest hands on Earth with the luck of a million Irishmen or they use bots. I am unaware of how hard an illegal script is to detect in a browser game but in regards to other esports, I have seen moderators for Steam, Xbox, etc crack down on bot usage much more proficiently than Inno.

As for multiple players playing one account, happens in every major alliance I have ever been in. There are countless players who have loved ones farm, snipe, build, etc for their account on the same computer. While this is against the rules, how are you possibly ever going to catch someone doing this without them blatantly writing it in-game? Then you have players who will exchange passwords with trusted friends and log in and play for them on a fresh ip address or through remote access. Furthermore, there are many players who multi-account which is a whole different monster.

All these variables and more and you will see that this game is far from being transparent.

I wish you all the best in game and more importantly in health.

~Lou

DeletedUser50690

Had similar experiences with consistently perfect BZC timings in Taras, either they've got the fastest hands on Earth with the luck of a million Irishmen or they use bots. I am unaware of how hard an illegal script is to detect in a browser game but in regards to other esports, I have seen moderators for Steam, Xbox, etc crack down on bot usage much more proficiently than Inno.

As for multiple players playing one account, happens in every major alliance I have ever been in. There are countless players who have loved ones farm, snipe, build, etc for their account on the same computer. While this is against the rules, how are you possibly ever going to catch someone doing this without them blatantly writing it in-game? Then you have players who will exchange passwords with trusted friends and log in and play for them on a fresh ip address or through remote access. Furthermore, there are many players who multi-account which is a whole different monster.

All these variables and more and you will see that this game is far from being transparent.

I wish you all the best in game and more importantly in health.

~Lou

Lou - wanna join us? I know you're not a drama queen. Cheers and we need more rhymes from you.

DeletedUser

Lou - wanna join us? I know you're not a drama queen. Cheers and we need more rhymes from you.

As much as I enjoyed playing with you Troy, my real life doesn't give me much if any wiggle room to still play this game. Have been hitting the books hard and still have a 4.0 with the semester almost halfway over. I would drop a few rhymes but my body is already fried from the gym and I have to be up for a certification course bright and early tomorrow- Message me on Skype if you want to chat sometime

DeletedUser52206

I have masses of similar screenshots showing equally improbable timings and
and yet you throw around only these two. i've seen them in private messages, forwarded messages; i bet the mods have seen them, i know that every alliance on this world have seen those two pictures.

got any more? is this the time you lost 2 cities in the same time?

DeletedUser41715

Dear laura, since we plan to participate on ww, its important to clean our territory. So priority for us is you and your pals.Bf is not a threat because of their location. However when we can, we also take cities from them or from SC. All our wars are in our favour. We were behind fb but now we are in front. I can't say the same for your alliance. You are losing cities from all. You might be n1 in points but you are nothing but simmers. You are the exact image of little dwarfs and your fate will probably be the same

Aethilla

Phrourach
and yet you throw around only these two. i've seen them in private messages, forwarded messages; i bet the mods have seen them, i know that every alliance on this world have seen those two pictures.

got any more? is this the time you lost 2 cities in the same time?

No not the same time, not that it has any bearing on the discussion, you want more screenshots, here is a sample of a few more and for your information I am not the only one with countless similar screenshots, taken individually they mean little, looked at together they are very telling. Bear in mind that most if not all these attempts are thrown together quickly and always by the same players.
smiley_emoticons_biggrin.gif

Screenshot_30.pngScreenshot_52.pngScreenshot_58.pngScreenshot_62.png

Status
Not open for further replies.