Saving Grep

MookFamous

Hipparchus
As a former player now coming out of retirement, I can't help but feel happy and excited to still see the game going strong after so many years. But as we all know all good things must come to an end and it seems like Grep is on it's way there, dying slowly. But thanks to such a strong and dedicated community the game is still surviving.

Now many of us here have all been trying to figure out the same thing, how to save the game. How can we gain more players to come back and how can we stop the number 1 enemy, the Golders. I'm pretty sure Inno makes a killing off our dedicated golders and I don't blame them. I never personally used gold because 10 years ago I was young and broke. Now that I'm old and grumpy, some of these gold deals are very appealing. 20 bucks (USD) for 3000 gold doesn't sound to bad. Well I think I have the solution where us common folk can get some gold, and how Grep can expand it's community and move with the age.

NFTs

Yeah I said it, NFTs. I believe if Grep made a NFT collection this will save the game and change the whole scenario of the game forever. If you don't know what a NFT is go google it. If someone already came up with this idea I did not steal it from you, I was literally thinking about this all day. Now you must be thinking how the hell can a game create a NFT collection and what the hell would it be.

I'm pretty sure everyone here has wondered how it would look if we were to actually see our troops fight. Or how it would look to actually see your CS land into a city. I believe if Grep does a NFT collection, it should be short animations almost like gifs. These animations would show some of your favorite troops in action. For example maybe 1 NFT could be a bunch of Manticores flying into a city. Or another could be seeing a CS get sunk by some Biremes.
Not only would you get to see Grep animated, but by being a NFT holder the NFTs itself would generate in game gold for you to use. But you can only import a certain amount of gold per month. So if you own 2 NFTs and they generated 5000 gold, you will only be able to import 2000 gold per month. This is just an example. Not only would you get gold for being an NFT holder, you would also get a mini figure of a certain troop or building for owning a rare NFT.

I think it would be dope to get a collaboration of Grep and Lego. Imagine having a Lego Grep city. This is my inner child speaking but you get the point. I believe this would want to make people invest in the game and community. Not only that, people that have been in the community for a long time should be able to get first dibs on these NFTs before anyone. Now a lot of us have played under different names and have created different accounts but I feel like we should be judged based off our activity. Or actually make winning worlds more meaningful, the more worlds you have won weather it be Domination or World Wonders the more access you will have to the NFTs. That way people will want to continue to play.

This is just a thought and idea I've been thinking about all day, I would like to hear everyone's opinion on it even from the forum mods too. I think this would be a step into saving the game and actually have more people getting access to gold . Plus you can sell NFTs that way you can make a profit and buy more gold lol. Please let me know what you think and thanks for reading.

-Mook

Corvidaan

Phrourach
Give me collectible NFT’s of players I take cities from.

Make them like trading cards.

“I’ll give you 7 Charlie’s for 1 Brenton”

Jimothy5

Chiliarch
what does this NFT idea do except just give inno more money? they already make a bunch of money on this game and clearly do not reinvest it in this game, but use it to develop other games instead. so why would they do anything different with supposed NFT revenue lol. They don't even advertise for this game anymore.

Corvidaan

Phrourach
what does this NFT idea do except just give inno more money? they already make a bunch of money on this game and clearly do not reinvest it in this game, but use it to develop other games instead. so why would they do anything different with supposed NFT revenue lol. They don't even advertise for this game anymore.

Yes but Jim, this way you could own your very own Topps NfT