Newspaper Seasonal Scrolls : Dimale - Issue 1

FazeWalker

Phrourach
galib_newspaper.jpg

By Galib Abrar

Foreword
This will be my first newspaper publishing till now, after so many years of Grepolis. I have read a couple of newspapers to get a few idea and included my own ideas as well to present to everyone a better newspaper. Seasonal Scrolls will keep releasing issues seasonally, you never know when an issue gets published. For now, I hope you like my work on the newspaper. I tried to make it as enjoyable as I could.

Contents
  • News Headlines
  • Zeus Sends Scrolls
  • Dimale Update
  • Dimale's Top 10 Alliances Overview
  • Dimale Rumors and Facts
  • Dimale Maps
  • Dimale Battlegrounds
  • Meet People with The Hat
  • Dimale's Legendary-Failed Alliances
  • Seasonal Wheel of Fortune: Exclusive Reward - Gold
  • Ending

bMSmi8h.png

News Headlines

• Zeus starts sending scrolls to Dimale via his son Hermes!
  • The bigger wars have started in Dimale!
  • Rim alliances would rather eat each other!
  • KoH slowly falls down!
  • BN holding the top totally dominating!
  • La Family has forum thread deleting issues!
  • Too many internalization all over the server has to stop! Massive revolts!
  • People demands aggression, leaders busy with diplomacy!

hd_wallpaper_zeus-1920x1080.png

Zeus Sends Scrolls to Dimale!

The mighty Zeus decided in his council, that the Dimale forum personnels need more information. And thus, he sends his son Hermes to deliver every external forum players a copy of the heavenly scrolls. Never miss to read it once Zeus demands another issue. The first one issue is decided by Zeus himself, so he is offering 50 Gold to the winner of the Wheel of Fortune today!

Dimale Update

Its a blurred weather filled with fog of war here in Dimale. This will not be removed until Grepolis goes into peace time!
Although its been a good couple of months for people in Dimale. Already a huge number of players left the game or ghosted out to get busy with real life. Zeus noticed huge amounts of fire exchanged among the alliances and blames Ares for this. Anyway, the alliances have been merging, making diplomacies etc. to ensure they are still alive on Dimale. There have been crumbles of high walls, high morales. Presently war is on between two sides of the world for the core of the World.

People actually dedicated to Grepo shall survive all these anarchy and reach the end soon. People starting to have the feeling "Grass is always Green-er on the other side" here in Dimale. People have regretted joining some specific alliances too. Also, with the Gold trade system, it seems people are more interested in Markets nowadays in Dimale, rather than a soothing gameplay. Poilitics, talk behind one's back, all are happening right here in Dimale!

201403201395293650350886214.jpg

The first Correct Answer awards you 2 Chariots in any City of Yours! Time to post answer - 20:00:00 (UTC London) and 08:00:00 (For opposite side of the earth, no repeat, answer at any one time zone). Let's see who's post comes first, how great can you time it here with no anti-timer?

Dimale's Top 10 Alliances Overview

This is going to be a quick overview because Zeus says details is to be posted in it's own thread of Top 12 Alliances of Dimale. So, the basics were entrusted on the scroll.

RankingAlliance NameOverview
1Breaking NewsLeading from the top in every sector. Has a great progress on the ongoing war with La Family and a few others. They like to keep Elite pacts rather than useless ones, which aids them as well.
2La FamigliaManaging two alliances parallel against BN. Except few other small takeovers, they have lost a few cities in the Core War already. Their other branch are expected to be one with this, and fight for dominance in Ocean 45.
3ThePlagueCurrently fighting Balkan Express, Apex Predator and The Core. Has a solid stand till now. Lost a small number till now. Their position is strong on the war, we wait to see the outcome. They are outside core war for now.
4La CamorraSister alliance of La Famiglia. <Watch Rank 2>
5Rockin RabitsRockin Rabbits are currently fighting Cult of Aphrodite and Inglourious Basterds.
6Balkan ExpressCurrently working together with The Core to fight against ThePlague. Their defenses are admired but currently they just seem to be picking on the smaller alliances and losing cities sometimes.
7Kingdom of Heaven.Members revolted against Leadership and left the alliance to form a rebellion alliance "Veto" which seems to be soon coming to Top 10. I can just assume, KoH will struggle from here on until the players give up on the alliance.
8Widow MakersCleaning up messes all around left from the disbanded Cry Of Fear. But it is not throwing any effect to their teamwork. They are taking down 1 member per week from Arma Nero Que and also challenging plenty of KoH cities nearby Ocean 46.
9JeffSolid bunch of experienced players holding their grounds but heard to be recently losing cities to Balkan Express. I do not have any idea how it is possible while they have BN in their side. Must be some rumor.
10Angels of HellBN's upfront allies who are working on their own will taking KoH cities one by one and establishing a solid line of members in their zone. You always have to keep an eye on them no matter even if they are at Rank 10.

Dimale Rumors and Facts

• Kingdom of Heaven. have problems fighting La Famiglia. They ve lost 15 cities and taken 0. >Friendly Matches?
  • La Famiglia has conquered 48 cities from La Camorra and lost 43. >Is that what brother-sister alliance mean?
  • ThePlague has conquered 18 cities from La Famiglia and lost 15. >I really had to read this twice, I guess I might be wrong!
  • Breaking News has left La Famiglia's streets piled with bodies. They ve conquered 43 cities and lost 7. >This is massive, is it true now?
  • The feud between Breaking News and Fuzzy Bunnies has turned into a massacre. Breaking News has conquered 73 cities and lost 1.>Wow! Are these Bunny cities up for free grabs?

Gladiator-Are-You-Not-Entertained-copy.jpg

Then it's time for maps ;)

Dimale Maps

So here is the Structure of Dimale!
R3cXVMR.png
Here comes the core alliances!
KxGKQog.png
And now the rim alliances of Dimale.!
Yo4He6y.png

62518259.jpg

Dimale Battlegrounds

So here we are having a lookout in some significant wars around Dimale, (collected from Oracle, might be friendlies as well). -

Alliance 1GainsAlliance 2
Breaking News45 | 9La Famiglia
La Famiglia69 | 3CHARON
La Camorra22 | 3CHARON
Widow Makers21 | 1Arma Nero Que
*TZOPANOI*14 | 3Jeff
Balkan Express10 | 1Jeff
ThePlague13 | 8APEX PREDATORS
Angels of Hell10 | 3Kingdom of Heaven.
Angels of Hell22 | 10La Famiglia
Rockin Rabbits34 | 2The Core
ThePlague36 | 4The Core
Balkan Express6 | 4ThePlague

i-never-meant-to-start-a-war-putin-meme.jpg

Interview Session - Meet People with The Hat

So I asked the Top 5 alliance's Leaders to take a quick interview on a few questions in front of my City. They came according to their point rankings to me and explained their views.

First came the representative from Breaking News is none other than HarveySpecter -
How satisfied are you with your teammates in this core war? Specially in the front.
We came here as a tight group of players who already fought together so we knew what we were capable off, after some time more players joined us and many of them proved very nice so overall i will say we are very satisfied with our members specially with front line players.

Since we are talking about new players joining in, there is possibility of intel leak. What are your thoughts on spies?
Thats all part of the game, wer not recruiting like mra, wer trying to make a good selection but that might not be enough, when u have this big alliance gap u cant know every1 like in some previous worlds when u have 40-60 gap and if u been around the block for a few years u can have that much loyal players.

Do you think total player numbers in both teams make a difference in a war? Because this war seems to have such traits.
Not really, it has always been 15-20 players who are doing the hard work, but thats ok not every1 has much free time or will to play this.

What do you think about taking internal cities (Red/Yellow Inactive or Not-Useful People) at this stage of the game? Many people have negative thoughts on internalization.
Many people leave the game trough out the world and u just have to do it, but we never put people for internalization for other reasons unless they leave, also were trying to be as friendly possible to our members and most of them wont just leave until they hand us cities in nice manner.

What are your thought on people turning their back to own alliance-mates or allied alliances?
Well people are different they all have other interests but im not a big fan of those.

Lastly, do you have any message for your enemy alliances?
Watch out , we're gonna make headlines of u :)

Then comes TheServant representating La Famiglia and La Camorra as well

How satisfied are you with your teammates in this core war? Specially in the front.
Very satisfied. We have had several players go AWOL due to serious RL events which has resulted in some obliteration by BN, which is disappointing but I don't hold it against them. Besides that the old La Famiglia has had some great wins and now we're learning to play with our new members. This takes time but I am happy that once we get our gears turning together we will do very well.
Since we are talking about new players joining in, there is possibility of intel leak. What are your thoughts on spies?
I hate them. We currently have atleast one spy in our alliance deleting our defence threads. We had some complaints a while ago but recently it's become impossible to ignore. Unfortunately we've had to restrict access to try and stem the flow but we have already lost countless cities with defence and op threads being deleted within seconds of posting.
I think they ruin the game - particularly those who mess with forums.
Do you think total player numbers in both teams make a difference in a war? Because this war seems to have such traits.
I think it does up to a point. There is a minimum number of players to win I think, but to exceed that produces diminishing returns.
What do you think about taking internal cities (Red/Yellow Inactive or Not-Useful People) at this stage of the game? Many people have negative thoughts on internalization.
Yes I think yellows and reds are critical and have no issues taking them.
About simmers, I think that it is much better as a leader to make plans for players like that. Find a friendly alliance you can help them move to (handing over cities if necessary). Just killing them seems wrong to me.
What are your thought on people turning their back to own alliance-mates or allied alliances?
Opposed to it.
Lastly, do you have any message for your enemy alliances
Not really. I suspect they get all of my messages I post and send out anyway.

Tracilia steps in front, knowing it's time for ThePlague -
Are you fighting any alliance now? How satisfied are you with your teammates in this war? Specially in the front.
We do, we fight many. To name some are Balkan Express, Apex Predator, and The Core. For each of these enemies a different strategy is employed and we are seeing progress on all fronts. We couldnt be more satisfied with our team. We started very small, and did almost no recruiting. The team that we have gathered have a good combination of skill, experience, and playing style. There is a strong culture of teamwork, and alliance needs are placed over individual wants. The team continues to impress me every day.
Intelligence leaks are always a possibility and perhaps even likely in a large alliance. Our recruiting and screening methods are an attempt to reduce this. We maintain high moral and our people are very loyal to ThePlague. We always play with integrity, with honor to our allies and respect for our enemies.
Do you think total player numbers in both teams make a difference in a war?
There is far more to the success of a war than just simple numbers. No doubt a smaller and more experienced team can fight a good war against a much larger opponent and even win. In many cases, they are far more effective. But obviously, there are also many other factors to consider, such as leadership, strategy and positioning to name a few.
Internalization is a necessary part of the game, particularly on such a fast speed 4 world. An inactive player is a security risk.
There are a lot of aspects to that question. We are very lucky in our team, i cant emphasize that enough. Loyalty is highly placed here and we have high expectations. Our team exceeds those every time. With respect to allies, again we work with solid integrity and in good faith and trust that they do the same.
Just that we offer our respect.

Let us all appreciate all these words and invite our next guest Sparky2283 from Rockin Rabbits
Are you fighting any alliance now? How satisfied are you with your teammates in this war? Specially in the front.
Well i guess right now the only alliances we are currently Cult of Aphrodite and Inglourious Basterds. They are decent players who are working together, and know how to use moral to their advantage. Which works for us, because it makes the fight itself more interesting.
Right now my crew is doing pretty well. We are working on shuffling people around. So moral doesnt kill us as much.
There is always a possibility of intel leak. What are your thoughts on spies?
I think spies are the absolutely worse aspect of the game. It honestly makes me disgusted to think people have to do that. I guess on the flip side I always think of it as flattery when we discover someone might be trying to get a spy from within. To be honest it doesnt give that other alliance much of an advantage. If anyone wants to know anything about my alliance all they have to ask, and odds are im going to tell me. Every since my very first world back in delta I have always done my best to play this game with honestly. Now a lot of times people do not believe me, but i assure you honesty is key in this game.

For example for the first couple of months I would have one maybe two players a day coming to me asking if they could spy for us inside many of the top alliances. It was honestly disgusting, because at the end of the mail it would say "so you arent going to attack me right?" That would just get me angry. So I would then be sure to get those players rimmed as soon as possible depending on location.
Well anyone who has been in a war knows that you have to take into account every little detail. So yes it makes a difference. Basically you can use anything as an advantage. For example the alliance we are fighting are using their low numbers to their advantage and had a one city player send a CS at our inactive players. That was extremely smart on their part, because where we have a ton of cities we dont have many players. So our moral against him was less then 40 for just about everyone. So they did their homework and made a good plan. Using their numbers and their late start to their advantage.
Well I dont exactly like "eating" players who just dont do anything. Most of my crew joined with me to just sim around and have fun.
For us if you go inactive for 24 hours without notice I will ping and PM you. If they doesnt working i will start pinging you every couple of hours. After that we will internalize you. It keeps it simple.
People going inactive is something that happens in every alliance and every world. One thing i always say is Real Life comes first. No matter what.
I hate it. Which is why I do not recruit from other alliances. I would never turn my back on my guys, and I expect the same from them. Granted ive known most of them for way to long. So I guess that helps.
Not really. I mean Cult of Aphrodite and Inglourious Basterds has our upmost respect, and has been the best crew we have fought against in this world so far. So good for them. Outside of them we have tore right through everyone else we fought. So good for them.

It's time to welcome CIGANI from Balkan Express -
How satisfied are you with your teammates in wars?
From 1-5, I'll rate 4.
What are your thoughts on spies amongst your ranks? If he is a council member as well.
Hate them. In council even more
Yes. More players means more citys, more online players at same time, means more attacks or more support.
I hate it too. It would be great if only players from EU playing on one server
at begining nothing
later in game hate a lot, Specifically when starting real attacks
very rare

The Founders and Leaders left in a hurry. I guess it's what Leaders are always responsible for :rolleyes: They just said -
mustgo.jpg

Dimale's Legendary Failed Alliances

Just in memories to some names. The bravest players from these alliances still fights on with pride and respect!

• Apex
  • Exile
  • SS Family
  • The Order
  • Death and Deception
  • The Rebel Army
  • Sparta
  • United Nations
  • Necromancy
  • Demons
  • Legion
  • MK ELITE
  • Etherea
  • Cry Of Fear

Seasonal Wheel of Fortune

Choose any number from 11 to 31

1[SUP]st[/SUP] Prize - 50 Gold from Zeus himself! (Just for the first issue, sold some rocks to get some, no purchase :p )
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Prize - 2 Happiness
3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Prize - 5K of Each Resources

Numbers have already been chosen with number generator, screenshots saved and positions given. Let's see who's the lucky one. Result: 24 January, 2016

Ending

Hey guys, these scrolls will be coming once in a while when I have enough time! Took huge time to make this one. Sorry for the delay. Today's my Anniversary, so wanted to publish this today. No, not wife. No, not fiance as well. Just my GF. It's just 2 years since we're together :D FYI I'm not 25+ and neither a teenager :p So that's it for this issue guys. I hope you like it, pics are collected from random sources, I do not own them. +Rep if you guys like my first issue! Hey, I used up a few hours of my Anniversary on this as well! Don't I deserve an Oscar mate?

0aR5HGD.png

DeletedUser52331

**** is the answer to the riddle! Very well done, clearly some hard work went into this... Nice to see the maps like that and the alliance scores!

I choose 17

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser50833

Answer: 63

Good work with the post

I will chose 30

Last edited by a moderator:

FazeWalker

Phrourach
Answer: 63

The answer timing must be 20:00:00 or 08:00:00. I mean whoever can time it better, you cannot post at 07:59:59. Must be at these times. If you are 1 or 5 second late, and if none else was faster than you, then you win.

Edit: Btw I wouldn't be too sure about the answer you gave mate. Just telling so none tries to copy paste your answer, just use your intelligence! :D

DeletedUser48250

i will go with 25 great first newspaper

btw Etherea didnt disband they changed name to Rocking Rabbits because of a teamate who had health problems but he is all good now

FazeWalker

Phrourach
i will go with 25 great first newspaper

btw Etherea didnt disband they changed name to Rocking Rabbits because of a teamate who had health problems but he is all good now

Thanks for the info. Although many of them changed names, but their early names are written in the history already! lol :D

DeletedUser26156

There is a slight issue with the rim alliances maps, you've got Balkan and ThePlague in the same colour. Other wise very well delivered and a good read
4+5= 36, as already said by zcurcic
I choose 15 for the wheel of fortune

DeletedUser50833

There are 2 answers to it really.

Case 1: Simple Logic:

A + B = A * (A + B) This is the equation hence
1 + 2 = 1 * ( 1 + 2) Answer 3
3 + 4 = 3 * ( 3 + 4) Answer 21
5 + 6 = 5 * ( 5 + 6) Answer 55

Hence 4 + 5 = 4 * ( 4 + 5 ) Answer 36.

Case 2: Pattern logic

A + B = (2N-1) * (A + B) where N represents the term Number

1st Term : 1 + 2 = (2*1- 1) * ( 1 + 2) Answer 3
2nd Term : 3 + 4 = (2*2 -1) * ( 3 + 4) Answer 21
3rd Term : 5 + 6 = (2*3 -1) * ( 5 + 6) Answer 55

Hence 4th Term is : 4 + 5 = (2*4-1) * (4 + 5) Answer 63

Congrats to Zcuric if i am wrong - we both are in same team - its our win either way :p

FazeWalker

Phrourach
It's not going to be weekly since I'm a busy student this year. But will do for sure soon. World status is same at the moment.