Secret taxation without representation.

DeletedUser

by the way eedjit, if you're going to talk smack, back it up bud.

looking at grepostats, we've conquered 11 cities in the last week of - the secret -
you guys have conquered 1 nme.

gj on saying we've been whooped, now you can insert foot into your mouth.

DeletedUser

and seriously you have just been whooped, deny it and i will post reports

You show me yours I'll show you mine :p

Oh its good to get some life back into these, I thought they were about to board up all the windows! Nice one Secret and NmE guys!

Also this bit made me chuckle :p
now you can insert foot into your mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5253

You capitalized on taking some of our Inactives. Well done. I couldn't get our members to grab up the inactive cities fast enough.

The alliance can't help people who dont let us know about attacks or who don't login for days. Good work though, that's something to be proud of..thanks for posting the links.

DeletedUser

some, but not all our conquests were on inactives. I find it funny how you guys have a player named smokedsalmon, who obviously almost got rimmed, since he went into vacation mode when the attacks started, and we claimed 2 of his cities, but i guess we weren't fast enough because his vacation mode activated while we were working on the others.

I just spoke with you in game to talk to you about the situation, but I think the pressure is getting to you. You say we bolted you, but you and I both know that's not true, we don't use classless tactics like that. You asked me to stop talking to you and our contact was over, which obviously shows your frustration as your op on us got 2 cities under revolt, while we have about 10. Venum, you were once a respectable and skillful player, but now I just see all you are is a diplomacy magnet and it looks like it's turning into Rynoc's alliance. Good day sir, I'll see you around. Make sure you build up your main nice and pretty for me. :)

DeletedUser5253

I went from respectable and skillful to the complete opposite in a day? Man, for a second I almost thought I might care what your opinion is and have to explain why Im not or whatever. Whatever you want to think is just fine with me. Let's leave it at that.

It was a nice speech though...and honestly bro, your messages just annoy me more or less. Nothing against you, but I've told you this before.

I am respectful, and most people know me as such. It doesnt mean I have to like you, as I'm sure you'll state that you could care less as well.

My alliance is something that I've learned from. I'm still learning, but I dont appreciate you trying to take the fun of it out for me. Hence, please stop instigating. or don't. Either way, I might not have all the leadership experience you have, etc. but the alliance has come a long ways. We're obviously doing something right. Rynoc is an amazing player. I dont see how it's turning into his alliance, but there is nothing wrong with that as well.

Good day to you as well. I'll be receiving a pretty weak attack from you in about 2 hours. Yippee.

*Builds up main nice and pretty*

DeletedUser

This thread can be closed, I see concession and there's no fun in that. As for a pretty weak attack, why dodge it then? I wanted a hydra on my wall :(

DeletedUser

You capitalized on taking some of our Inactives. Well done. I couldn't get our members to grab up the inactive cities fast enough.

The alliance can't help people who dont let us know about attacks or who don't login for days. Good work though, that's something to be proud of..thanks for posting the links.

They didn't take one of my cities since i went inactive then o.0 I wanted them to be Secret launch pads!

DeletedUser

One other thing to add, I am a product of the Gamma server, and learned the ropes there. So watching the two most powerful alliances, coming out of the core (Serpentine Medea and GrepoHugs) and dominating the server, I realized they only survived for as long as they did with an alliance. NmE and - The Secret - have spoken about an alliance or NAP's in the past, but they were never agreed upon. I think it will be interesting to see the lay of the land after the inevitable battle is over.

Actually I think that has been their current downfall. So many players got bored with the only competition in an alliance that they left. . .SM is barely a shell of its former self. And Grepohugs is skating on reputation alone.

Asperon Thorn

DeletedUser

Moot Point

There is no arguing the statistics - NoE is a force to be reckoned with. As is The Secret. However, all points are moot given the fact that this game is weak and really has nothing to do with intellect or skill. It is a game of brute force, persistence, and teamwork. No individual could hope to amount to much in this game. The need for a strong alliance is given as you need constant strikes to eliminate a single town. The problem is that while you a hammering at 1 town, that player builds up enough BP to conquer others or take over a ghost town, It can turn into nothing more than a game of whack-a-mole unless you can attack continuously and at multiple targets and the defender does not get adequate support.

The fact that we don't get BP for support is beyond stupid. I lose hundreds of biremes and others get my BP?! Too difficult to program a spread based on number of defenders? Maybe outsource it to India.

NmE rimmed Snakers because he gave up and did not communicate his needs. People grow tired of this game because there is no end game. No goal. Attack other alliances until yours is the biggest in your ocean. Then attack the next ocean. Fun on the fringes, boring in the safe zones. In the end you get to say you were in the biggest alliance...in your ocean at least. Do you want a plaque to go on the wall in your mother's basement where you play instead of getting laid?

I put in less than 2 hours a day and I can be a top 50 player? How lame is this game? Where would I be if I ever got attacked? (Which I finally am! Thanks brandonstoker and doost3r of NmE). I hope to go out in a blaze of glory just to make things fun. But, more than likely, I will be stuck in my real life and unable to dodge an attack. By the way NmE, if/when you get around to rimming me, I'd appreciate a reach around. :eek:

As for the "tax", the argument is oh so lame. You're in an alliance. Putting a request of 5-10 biremes to support the alliance is not something I would consider a tax, but an expectation of any alliance I would be in. I am not here to see you grow pretty cities while I constantly defend you. Build some defense and support others. NmE has expectations of their players, they are just more offensively geared.

I'm done waxing poetic. Flame away and try to add meaning to your life. Bring on the witty banter and engage in your debates. My point is clear and irrefutable (at least in my mind). Smack talk is worthless in this game because there is nothing to care about.

Panus

*oooohhh! Look! I can pick a cool icon for my post! Let's see, sword or helmet would mean I'm tough...dove or laurels would signify diplomacy or utter gayness...blue potion may signify meth lab...wood could indicate the logs I'm sawing cause I'm so bored...blue boat probably indicative of the fact it will be underwater soon...that's either a family or the group getting ready for the orgy...ahhhh-ha!...little starry things to show the gods like me! Everyone will think I'm so cool!

DeletedUser4577

Is this thread no longer needed?
I would ask JJ this since he is the one that made the thread in the first place.

DeletedUser

Derek, this thread belong to Zeta.
I showed up here during the servers tantrum a week or so ago.
JJ is paying top dollar for whoever has information on the missing thread. :)

DeletedUser

What are you trying to say with the title?

I think he said he wanted it closed but then the argument continued.