Security Captcha

DeletedUser

Again you are referring to the cached version of settings page, not the game itself, also the server does all the 'magic' all the UI does is call API's on the server so in the end you are still using the same version of the software. But you are correct if you CRTL+F5 your version number will updated.

no I'm not. if you play this or any of the online games you would know that you have to clear your cache if you are on 24/7.

These players have their browser set to clear cache on shutdown...as do I. and I have stated that they they have restarted the browsers numerous times. so explain how this can be?

and I apoligize for using the wrong "term" in my situation I have been blocked.. wouldn't want to break the rules

DeletedUser

I suppose I should chime in here.... and lodge a serious complaint with Innogames management.

I can't even begin to tell you how sick & tired I am of this....

Do you people REALIZE how ridiculously slow my toaster has been lately???

I mean... all I want to do is enjoy a couple pieces of toast with my coffee... but NOOoooo!!!

Apparently that's TOO much to ask for. We're living mostly in the 21st century and proper toast is beyond our grasp.

Seriously... I wait and I wait and I wait.... and when the toaster finally DOES pop up... the friggen toast isn't even brown... its a light tan at best.

So I have to start all over again... and by the time the toast finally is toast... my coffee is luke warm... at BEST.

And I'd really like to know WHAT you "people" plan on doing about it, because I am just about done with the whole thing....

I MEAN it. :Angry:

DeletedUser

I'm colour blind (red / green) and have had no problems reading the Security Captcha, quite the reverse in fact, I find them no harder to see than black type.

DeletedUser32488

I'm colour blind (red / green) and have had no problems reading the Security Captcha, quite the reverse in fact, I find them no harder to see than black type.

I'm blue/yellow (a rare type) and can't see orange or light blue/greenish hue numbers on yellow background and vice versa. And it's yellow by default, no?

Either way how do captchas stop botting? I understand they run scripts to farm every 5 minutes or something like that. Even if a captcha comes once per hour (which will anger most legit players), why a botter can't enter one manually then continue farming?

DeletedUser

If you're blue/yellow then you make up 5% of the people who are colour blind, the ratio of those effected is different according to race, but for Caucasians it's 1 in 10 people... other races are as high as 1:100, so imo those effected are a very small number and we are from what I understand, talking about a flag system, for accounts to be examined more closely by admin, not an automatic anti-cheat which bans, so no one is being banned for not being able to read the SC, there's more to it than that, peeps are getting banned for what's found when the account is examined, not for being flagged. ( I'm sure a clean player who simply can't read the SC will soon be put on an ignore list for flags, once the same admin have looked at his or her activity and found they're not botting, admin have better things to do than repeatedly look at the same account again and again.)

DeletedUser

I just got my first captcha.. I had no idea what the hell is was when the scroll popped up. I did answer the question and continued what i was doing in the game..
I had to google what exactly it was and still dont really know. From what i've read hear its to catch these bot users which is fair enough.

So what i'd like to know and i'm sure a lot of others would too, is what happens if its not answered???

I for one rarely shut down my pc and have my browser open all the time with multiple tabs and windows open for email, social network sites, this game and various other web sites i'd use, whether or not i'm sitting by my pc or off out somewhere.
Am i or others to get punished/banned just because the game is left idle and we dont close it down everytime we step away from the pc? Even as i'm writing this i keep checking the game to see if another has popped up..

It would be nice if someone could give a straight answer on this. It has been asked but no one is giving a straight answer.

DeletedUser3613

If its not answered it will flag the account up to IGM i assume, so something that takes 5 seconds for a genuine player to do will also aid the moderation staff in stopping cheats

DeletedUser

If its not answered it will flag the account up to IGM i assume, so something that takes 5 seconds for a genuine player to do will also aid the moderation staff in stopping cheats

I know it only takes a few seconds to answer and its not that hard to do unless your really really bad a math :D

But if its missed does it show up that its missed it and still get a chance to answer or are you automatically flagged ??
I think i'm the first in my alliance to get this as it would have been posted before by someone else who got it.. I'd just like to be able to give an answer when more members start getting it and asking all kinds of question on our alliance forum.

DeletedUser

This Captcha input thing is about to make me quit the game. Went to bed and had soldiers building and a Captcha input came up and froze my whole game because I wasn't there to anwser the question. Very frustrating.

DeletedUser

Don't leave the screen up when you're away. Otherwise, It thinks you're using a bot because you aren't there to answer.

~ Lane

DeletedUser29066

Is everyone supposed to get these? I haven't seen one yet, so just curious.

DeletedUser

I would think that only the good players should get these.... I mean, if you s*ck at this game.... even when using a bot... who really cares?

DeletedUser

Don't leave the screen up when you're away. Otherwise, It thinks you're using a bot because you aren't there to answer. ~ Lane
To clarify, without going in to too much detail, players are not punished for incorrectly entering in a CAPTCHA, or missing a CAPTCHA. The system is designed to flag accounts who are potentially breaking the rules, but the banning is still a human entry, and further investigation will always be carried out.

So here we have 3 answers: 2 which state it is design to "FLAG" the account for investigation, 1 stating that you should close your screen or the CAPTCHA will screw you up (more or less).

I don't use bots so getting flagged/investigated doesn't bother me at all, what does bother me, is if there is a heavy hitting war goiong on and I choose to keep my screen open so I can check back when doing something elsewhere, like reading Grep forums, etc...

OR

I need to go to the bathroom to take a shower, have to do something in another room for a while. I now run the risk that my screen will lock and I will need to reboot my browser due to missing the CATCHA?

Better come up with a different system folks, if I lose a city because I missed a CAPTCHA, people like me who do spend a bit on "gold" on this game will disappear. In fact, the first time CATCHA interfferes with my game play, I am gone off all the INNOGAMES I play.

I, for one, will NOT shut down my screen everytime I need to step away from my computer for however long I need to be away from it.

Richard

Strategos
My initial response should be considered the bottom line, and the official one. If you are away from your desk, you can not answer the CAPTCHA. When you return, simply do so, and continue playing. Nothing else to it.

DeletedUser31143

First, I don't use bots. I've never used bots. I just spend a LOT of time playing the game.

5-6 times a day I get one of these. There should be something built into the system to reduce captchas once you've answered 20 of these in a row correctly in a timely manner.

This seems to be poorly implemented.

DeletedUser32488

Looking at it from another perspective:

Can you please put a setting where you don't get any captchas and you're not allowed to farm? Make it 24 hour delay (you must answer captchas for 24h period after confirming this setting). A win-win solution for me.

I don't farm anymore with 30+ cities anyway. Captchas are there to stop automatic farming every 5 minutes, arent they? On older servers farming is pointless even with Captain as it gets just too time consuming. I just can't imagine a sane person looting 30+ x 7/8 farms every 5 minutes. Besides they can still farm and get captchas.