• No

Votes: 32 49.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hello Community ~

Due to the recent comments on the senators thread, I will be opening this poll.

There is no point in keeping the idea open if we keep debating about the same issues over and over. We're getting know where, other than off-topic. This poll will be open for one week, and all votes are final.

If you have any questions please send me a PM.

Without further ado....

Happy Polling!

~ Lane

phoenixavier said:
I am going to suggest that the idea be put up for a preliminary vote, meaning that the idea will be put to vote and if it passes then we can fix all the kinks and stop debating on whether or not it is useful, and if it fails we will drop it and it wont be brought up again . .

phoenixavier said:
one thing i wanted to touch on is that this poll is for the idea of this "senators" thing but more importantly, if the idea itself has merits and is something that you would like to see, whether it be in the way being suggested or another way (group avatar, group sig, etc) please vote yes, if this idea were to fail in the prelim poll we wont be allowing similar ideas of this nature to be posted, they will be added to the dns list . . . so think not only about the idea presented, but also the ideas that could be created from this idea that is all lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I feel that is should be clarified:
I am going to suggest that the idea be put up for a preliminary vote, meaning that the idea will be put to vote and if it passes then we can fix all the kinks and stop debating on whether or not it is useful, and if it fails we will drop it and it wont be brought up again . .

I..e. If there is a majority 'yes' vote, it does not necessarily mean that the idea will be put into place.

DeletedUser

I feel that is should be clarified:

I..e. If there is a majority 'yes' vote, it does not necessarily mean that the idea will be put into place.

Indeed, regardless the outcome the idea would still have to go through the purples once it got to the final voting stage.

DeletedUser

one thing i wanted to touch on is that this poll is for the idea of this "senators" thing but more importantly, if the idea itself has merits and is something that you would like to see, whether it be in the way being suggested or another way (group avatar, group sig, etc) please vote yes, if this idea were to fail in the prelim poll we wont be allowing similar ideas of this nature to be posted, they will be added to the dns list . . . so think not only about the idea presented, but also the ideas that could be created from this idea :) that is all :p lol

DeletedUser23986

this is a prelims vote. It is not idea specific. Idea may edited later!

DeletedUser18132

And what percentage doe it have to reach for it to pass? 50%?

DeletedUser

which ever has more votes...no percent, if there are more votes for no than it fails, if it has more votes for yes than it passes

yea wat the wiki dude said lol :p

DeletedUser

Let's keep this thread specifically voting related. If you'd like to discuss the idea please use the original thread. :)

~ Lane

DeletedUser

It seems like a thankless task. My job as senator is to either tell people no or pass it on to someone who does want to do something about it. For that reason, I don't see people wanting to do this job so I voted no.

DeletedUser

It seems like a thankless task. My job as senator is to either tell people no or pass it on to someone who does want to do something about it. For that reason, I don't see people wanting to do this job so I voted no.

What........

-Repped for the worst ever stated reason for voting no.

I think I can already identify about 15 players who would be up for the job of Senator...

DeletedUser

I'd like to express concern at vote rigging...

I've just seen the Vote change from 28/19 to 28/27 in the last hour.

An experience player has probably mobilized his alliance, who don't use the Forums, and basically requested they create a Forum account and vote even though they have no stated opinion on the idea and are just voting no through instructions. This is unacceptable as it basically results in players having as many votes as they can muster and would reduce the Forums to politics between alliance leaders.

Idea merit would no longer matter, if alliance leaders could merely instruct or 'buy' votes from their members, therefore I request that the votes from users who joined this rig campaign be taken off the books, as it is not representative of the Forum.

DeletedUser27700

An experience player has probably mobilized his alliance, who don't use the Forums, and basically requested they create a Forum account and vote even though they have no stated opinion on the idea and are just voting no through instructions. This is unacceptable as it basically results in players having as many votes as they can muster and would reduce the Forums to politics between alliance leaders.

Idea merit would no longer matter, if alliance leaders could merely instruct or 'buy' votes from their members, therefore I request that the votes from users who joined this rig campaign be taken off the books, as it is not representative of the Forum.

Everyone has a right to their vote.
Unless you can show me concrete proof of someone 'buying' votes, there is nothing we can do.

DeletedUser19042

I must agree to Wave. It is impossible to gather 10 votes in the last HOUR time. Someone must have bought votes.

Unless you can show me concrete proof of someone 'buying' votes, there is nothing we can do.

But yes...We can't prove it. :(

DeletedUser

Is it legal for me to log onto my Grepolis Skype account and send a nice message to the 326 contacts I have on there? That would, in my books, be completely unrepresentative and unreasonable, and would class as 'rigging' a vote.

However look at the facts.. +10 votes in 1 hour for the negative +0 votes in 1 hour for the positive. It doesn't take a genius to work out that at a ratio to 4:6 in favor of the positive that the chances of this being a coincidence is: 0.01048%.

In a court of law, this would technically be a small enough margin to be considered as 'evidence' by the judge.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27700

Okay fine.

Is it legal for me to log onto my Grepolis Skype account and send a nice message to the 326 contacts I have on there? That would, in my books, be completely unrepresentative and unreasonable, and would class as 'rigging' a vote.

And if you did so and someone else showed me proof, we could disqualify those votes.
Please think about this rationally. I know how you feel about this idea, but we can not discredit any votes without proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.