Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

SOTMsubmission5.png

SOTMsubmission7.jpg

SOTMsubmission8.jpg

SOTMsubmission9.png

DeletedUser5061

Really 16 people voted for number 2 over number 3?

DeletedUser

Voted for No.3...
I wonder why do people vote for sigs out of the theme?

DeletedUser8362

what do you guys think about the first one. I really like it.

DeletedUser

I did not get about SOTM. Theme is space, but many guys signature has nothing to do with space. Plus is it not required to have rome or something to do with ancient war? Because i see in many signature has space as theme but nothing to do with grepolis (like option 3 and 4 here)

DeletedUser

I did not get about SOTM. Theme is space, but many guys signature has nothing to do with space. Plus is it not required to have rome or something to do with ancient war? Because i see in many signature has space as theme but nothing to do with grepolis (like option 3 and 4 here)

Well you can't really have both things together...
What would you do...?
Show a parthenon going around the planets like a satellite?
And if you show something of ancient Greece then it will have nothing to do with Space...
The theme is really difficult to implement those two things together...

DeletedUser

except maybe a spartan battleship with spears or a space spartan.

No offence to anyone but most of the previous sotm sigs seemed slightly better. Good for trying though and it's a hard theme so it's expected.

DeletedUser4013

For this SOTM Carf wanted people to have the option of doing a Space themed signature, with hopefully an element of ancient Greece in there. The great thing about that is people are able to interpret that as they want and can translate it to their image that they submitted.

As a side-note...last i checked, #2 was in the lead, what happened? Now #3 is ahead :eek:

DeletedUser

Well you can't really have both things together...
What would you do...?
Show a parthenon going around the planets like a satellite?
And if you show something of ancient Greece then it will have nothing to do with Space...
The theme is really difficult to implement those two things together...

I agree it is difficult so if someone tried to implement both of them should be selected. Otherwise what is the purpose of theme.

DeletedUser

I agree it is difficult so if someone tried to implement both of them should be selected. Otherwise what is the purpose of theme.

I agree but the sig also has to look good...If an image from ancient Greece just gets thrown in the sig...eh well it would be better off without it...:p

DeletedUser

I agree but the sig also has to look good...If an image from ancient Greece just gets thrown in the sig...eh well it would be better off without it...:p

There can be many signature that can look better then any of the entries here. My point is, if you have a theme, first criterion for selection is you have to implement theme. If you do not follow theme then it is just your best image you can make and that was not point of this competition.

Take for example that owls signature in other group, it looks nice and you know it is winning also, but what the hell it has to do with space or greek.

If they tell before hand that theme is optional then other guys can be more creative and can make better image. Right now it is not level playing field.

DeletedUser

There can be many signature that can look better then any of the entries here. My point is, if you have a theme, first criterion for selection is you have to implement theme. If you do not follow theme then it is just your best image you can make and that was not point of this competition.

Take for example that owls signature in other group, it looks nice and you know it is winning also, but what the hell it has to do with space or greek.

If they tell before hand that theme is optional then other guys can be more creative and can make better image. Right now it is not level playing field.

Well to be exact...
The theme is "Space"...
Now if you can incorporate some ancient greek theme as well then good...but the theme still remains Space...:)

DeletedUser4013

Yogesh Singh, Carf specifically said that the theme was Space, and that an element of Greece and/or Grepolis was not required. Here is his statement from the competition announcement thread:

Basically you have to create a signature that has the theme of space.Since this is Grepolis it would be nice if it had something to do with ancient Greece :p but it is NOT essential

DeletedUser4013

Ok, I need to know...who did #2? I would like to know who I barely lost to in this round. I expect a PM since the maker has to remain anonymous.

Status
Not open for further replies.