Important Server Issues: Please Read

DeletedUser

Server...Corinth

Browser...Firefox 4.0 Beta 7

Screen Shots...None

Issues... Frequently getting the 'Response Error' and the little hour glass spins for what seems like an eternity. This happens pretty much at random. It has happened when clicking on any of the buildings, the forum, farming, city overview, pretty much whenever I right-click the mouse in the game it has a random chance of happening. I'll log out and back in and be okay for another 2 or 3 clicks until it happens all over again. It has only been happening for about a week now. Oh, and I only play in this world and only have 5 cities, so it's not like I have a huge account.

Cache is cleared

Time of day logging on...All the time[/QUOTE]

DeletedUser

Guys, I've been deleting a lot of posts here and I don't want to come across harsh and tyrannical but this is not the place for the discussion of the current state of the game. Only precise information about your situation is helpful - follow the format to ensure we get the information we need because it does us no good if you're not including things such as browser.

How much precise information could possibly be needed at this point? This problem is happening across servers, on basically every platform and browser (and browser version) being used to play the game. It should be obvious by now that it is not an end-user problem effecting a small minority of players using certain hardware and/or software set ups.

There are 50+ players in the two alliances I run on Phi and all of them are experiencing these problems. They are switching from one browser to another in attempt to get the game to work, and the results are the same.

Here's some precise information: Innogames has a serious problem on their end that is causing the game to crash/hang and this is getting players thinking that its time to move on to other games.

DeletedUser

@JohnStark: The other Grepolis servers have submitted information to InnoGames, all of which they said was not enough to identify the bug. I don't work on finding the bug or fixing it, but we've been asked to relay more data to help with the cause and as such this thread is for only that. All players are experiencing it but in different ways, but this is not the place for that discussion. Whether or not it will be helpful in identifying the cause of the issue is another matter, this are the steps we feel should be taken and have been asked to take. Now to keep this thread clean:

If you wish to post in this thread please contribute to the issue. You can start by using the format and providing as much information as possible as outlined in the first post. If you feel it is futile, do not wish to address the issue or want to voice an opinion, then do not post here.

Varun

Strategos
Revised post

Server: en1 (Common in all worlds)

Browser: Firefox 8.01

Screenshot: (in the spoiler)

screenshot.png

How often this occurs:
Everytime

Time and Date you experienced this:
Everytime since the mass update (I personally think that the update should have occured step-by-step, just suggesting)

I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies:
Yes

I have updated the browser to 9.01 and 11.01 (Aurora) version but still no effect.

Issues: The page does not open at all. It just keeps on processing. But it shows up (That too half loaded) after I switch off the net connection.

I use a portable USB modem on my laptop and such issue has occured only after the update.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Server: - omicron.
Browser and Version: - FF, IE; new version.
How often this occurs: - Evey time i want login since Xmas.
Time and Date you experienced this: - All of the time.
I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: - No

DeletedUser

Your joking right? I hate those things, I have been complaining about useless reports forever, I Get at least 300 an hour, maybe more, If 1 of my cities gets an attack there is an average of 20 reports/ attack, I get attacked 50+ times a day at least that is 1,000 reports/day on just attacks alone, not to mention spells or support etc.... How about letting me turn them off????????

See the link here, I get no response on this issue, It is worse in 2.0 because I get it double due to the useless Icon's at the bottom right of the screen.

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=31107

frustrations galore!

while I was typing this I cleared the Icon's and 34 new ones appeared from 1 attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100% agreed, especially regarding those "blabla attacked your support from xxx in yyy" and "you have cast blabla on your xxx city" BS reports. Filters would be ideal, but until we get them, "delete all" on those annoying notifications at least technically speeds up the game a bit and helps avoiding lockups of the gamescreen. They do eat up a lot of bandwidth and/or computer power.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

• Server: En22
  • Browser and Version: Latest Chrome
  • Screenshots: Picture an hour-glass turning endlessly...
  • How often this occurs: Becoming progressively worse over the past week. Today, I have given up!
  • Time and Date you experienced this: More & more frequently!
  • I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Not sure how?

Picture a Smiley with a sad face holding an hour-glass!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8790

100% agreed, especially regarding those "blabla attacked your support from xxx in yyy" and "you have cast blabla on your xxx city" BS reports. Filters would be ideal, but until we get them, "delete all" on those annoying notifications at least technically speeds up the game a bit and helps avoiding lockups of the gamescreen. They do eat up a lot of bandwidth and/or computer power.

Thanks, Glad someone recognizes this. I really do not need dozens of battle reports about my own troops that are defending a particular city, Now that peace has hit I have fallen to 1 inbound attack(some joker sent a CS really late) the interfaces are working much better. I can open command overviews now, I still cannot scroll down past the first page though. But city to city scrolling is very fast right now.

DeletedUser23361

Unplayable

I have reported the same problems to Grepolis twice since my server went 2.0. At first Grepolis acknowledged that they have a problem now they "forgot" about it and sent me to this fine dead end of a forum instead of them fixing the game. Either way - here the symptoms:

First of all YES I have cleared the cache one million times, installed several browers from IE to chrome including the grepolis app and the problems persist. YES I have played from several computers including work and a friends place and YES its all the same - unplayable and this thread is about the last effort before moving on to a game that works.

Aahh the symptoms: RESPONSE ERROR
EVERYTHING I do causes a response error. Click on a farming village - RESPONSE ERROR. There will be eternal loading with no result except for RESPONSE ERROR. I have to close the farming village window and open it again. I am happy to make it to resource collection only opening the village twice it can take many more times.

The same goes for ANY function (like opening the senate to place a construction request, opening the harbour to place ship building - you get it ANYTHING this game has) results in RESPONSE ERROR.

I play this game not once but at least twice.

My personal favourite though is the daily login bonus which causes a response error at a stage of the game where I CANNOT CLOSE any windows and cannot login to the game.

What a fine daily bonus to prevent your players from login in.

Get your act together grepolis.

DeletedUser

Has anyone from InnoGames actually signed on to Grepolis and tried to play?

How come they need all this information when it is happening across the board in what seems like EVERY world, when all they need to do is start an account, log in, and then try to actually play the game. It really can't be this difficult...

But from reading through this forum it pretty much shows that the hourglass isn't just happening when we try to play the game, but when people try to report what is happening too...

DeletedUser8790

How come they need all this information when it is happening across the board in what seems like EVERY world, when all they need to do is start an account, log in, and then try to actually play the game. It really can't be this difficult...

But from reading through this forum it pretty much shows that the hourglass isn't just happening when we try to play the game, but when people try to report what is happening too...

Great idea, They can sign in to my account, I should have attacks soon after the peace time ends, Thank you can see for yourselves.

DeletedUser

server: upsilon
browser: Chrome 16.0.912.63 m/IE9/safari 5.1.2
Issue: cannot log on at all
Cleared cache: yes

This is what I get.

This web page is not available
The connection to en20.grepolis.com was interrupted.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
Check your Internet connection. Reboot any routers, modems or other network devices that you may be using.
Add Google Chrome as a permitted programme in your firewall or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted programme, try deleting it from the list of permitted programmes and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure that the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the spanner menu > Options > Under the Bonnet > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.
Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.

have the same issue with eta world. did everything to fix it even got laptop checked to make shore it wasnt flauty. the thing is i can play other worlds with out to much issue or lag even. i have had to give my account to some one else as i can only log in for 1 min then have to what for hours on end to re login.

DeletedUser

Yes. Of course. The first port of call for the developers was to create an account and play themselves. They found no problem or unresponsiveness. I too have created an account on a world, and have not seen this problem. So the issue is not as clear-cut as you say it is. This issue does NOT affect everybody, which makes it even harder to diagnose. Rest assured a developer has been looking into it, we can expect better results from then when they start back in their offices, tomorrow.

DeletedUser

i offer them to use my account as testbed. 200+ cities will for sure expose a number of issues u wouldnt see with smaller accounts

DeletedUser

another thing they definitely should try as well is to play over a slow connection. e.g. a mobile broadband connection.

DeletedUser15302

when i log in only a white page comes up,and nothing loads at all,i don't know what is the problem..

• Server:Theta
  • Browser and Version:firefox,chrome,internet explorer all not sure about internet explorer,but my chrome and firefox are the last versions
  • Screenshots:I don't know how to put the screen shot here..
  • How often this occurs:always,i cannot play the game at all..
  • Time and Date you experienced this:almost two weeks now..contineosly
  • I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes.

DeletedUser

i offer them to use my account as testbed. 200+ cities will for sure expose a number of issues u wouldnt see with smaller accounts

They should have all the tools to check this out at their end. Thanks for the offer. I have provided them with as much information as I can gather from these forums, but it's ultimately all on the devs now.

DeletedUser

• Server:Omega
  • Browser and Version: Mozilla Firefox
  • Screenshots: yes
  • How often this occurs: several times a day, if I am able to get in the game
  • Time and Date you experienced this: last 5 days every day, different hours. Before less frequent and reloading often worked.
  • I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes
Ctrl F5 doesn't help, it only results in a white screen.

The problems usually starts after/while jumping between cities in different oceans.
Sometimes reloading the page is possible, mostly it's stuck than completely and I can't get in anymore for several hours. Times variate between 30min and 8hours.
When I can't jump, also opening city overview, messages and reading internal forum are not possible. I always have lots of sand clocks running.

DeletedUser

• Server: Athens
  • Browser and Version: IE 9.0.8112.16421, FF 9.0.1, Chrome 16.0.912.63 m
  • Screenshots: You don't need a screeenshot for a 'RESPONSE ERROR'
  • How often this occurs: Varies from every click of anything to 1 out of every 12 clicks. Sometimes multiple F5 will not do anything. The screen will refresh and you still get a never ending hourglass, followed by RESPONSE ERROR when you refresh.
  • Time and Date you experienced this: Every day since early Dec 2011
  • I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes (please don't waste time with Troubleshooting 101 garbage. Everyone knows this is a code/optimization issue by now and has nothing to do with the browser on the players end.)
  • Severity: This issue makes me seriously considering quitting. Having actions that should only take 5-10 minutes in total, taking over an hour is unacceptable. Considering I only have 8 cities, and some players have over 100, and they are having the same issues, I have no idea how they are dealing with it. Playing must be like pulling teeth.

DeletedUser15905

• Server: Zeta
  • Browser and Version: Same issue with Firefox 3.0, Firefox 9.0 and IE 8.0
  • Screenshots: N/A
  • How often this occurs: 20-30% of the time I try to do anything, especially when browsing mail, reports or the alliance forum.
  • Time and Date you experienced this: Starting on Christmas up until now.
  • I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes, I even tried a fresh install of a different browser.