Important Server Issues: Please Read

DeletedUser8790

OK Here is what I am getting today, Attacks already started, I cannot get past this screen:

latest.png

DeletedUser

• Server: Athens (EN25)

Browser and Version: Firefox 7.0.1

Screenshots:

How often this occurs: everyday

Time and Date you experienced this: a couple of instances today server time 02/01/2012
    01:03:55 - 01:07:55 - Spinning hourglass

02/01/2012 02:00:30 - 02:08:31 spinning hourglass stopped because I used the refresh button 3 times.

I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23310

im getting the same as callinectes have to refresh page about 5 times if im lucky then it work .go to tab isnt working most of the time to jump from city to city getting very fed up with this fix the dam game this is going on too long

DeletedUser17432

• Server:
  • Browser and Version:
  • Screenshots:
  • How often this occurs:
  • Time and Date you experienced this:
  • I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes/No

Server......I play in 4 worlds. MU..Omega..Athens ...Byzantium......happens in all of them
Browser......Google Chrome
Happens all the time

Server response errors all the time....very frustrating

DeletedUser

They should have all the tools to check this out at their end. Thanks for the offer. I have provided them with as much information as I can gather from these forums, but it's ultimately all on the devs now.

Just a bit of background on myself first. I do work as system architect in a major telco. On a daily basis I work with fixing problems in systems I have no detailed implementation knowledge of. From my experience it is crucial to have management attention and working from different angles in parallel to provide a solution to a problem.

From what I gather here, it seems the focus is only on providing some info to the "developers" and that there is a lack of management attention to the problem. With proper management attention here these problems would have been long gone. The problem is more likely to be with the developers themselves and their classical silver bullet approach to technology. The latter is a disease the software industry has been suffering from for more than 40 years. And symptoms is clearly visible here.

cheers,
enga

DeletedUser11165

Lag

Server: Athens (EN25)

Browser and Version: Firefox - Latest (8Mb Inet)
In Holland Over Christmas on Lappy : Chrome - Latest (100Mb Inet)

Screenshots: Too Many

How often this occurs: Everyday

Time and Date you experienced this: a couple of instances today already server date : 02/01/2012
05:0:55 - 07:034:02 - Spinning hourglass

General Lag, Spinning Hourglass, Terrible Forum loading Issues

DeletedUser

Server: Chi
Browser and Version: Chrome ; Latest version
Screenshots:
How often this occurs: Every day for about awhile
Time and Date you experienced this: Most recent: yesterday around 2AM UTC+1

DeletedUser23401

world phi not opening

i ahve tried several times but world phi is not opening.

server:phi
browser: google chrome
screenshots: many
how often it occurs: alwaysi have tried several times but world phi is not opening.

time and date you experienced this: everytime.

DeletedUser

• Server: Sigma
  • Browser and Version: FF 8
  • Screenshots: Same as above, doesn't get past the loading screen
  • How often this occurs: Everyday when I try to log in
  • Time and Date you experienced this: Everyday!!
  • I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes

DeletedUser22234

With Latest version of Chrome -> I am never able to get past the blue loading bar whether I am on a slow connection or a fast conection.

With Latest version of Firefox -> I am never able to get past the blue loading bar when I am on a slow connection, but I am able to play comfortably when I am on a fast connection.

Hope this helps!

DeletedUser

Server: rho
Browser and Version: all browsers all versions
Screenshots: will provide them shortly
How often this occurs: every time I do something, every few seconds for background process
Time and Date you experienced this: every few seconds

When I first started playing grepolis I was using IE9. I had a large number of connection issues so I experimented with different browsers and found chrome to be great - almost no connection issues.

Now I have been playing a few months, mostly connection error free - I find that I am having to do things, such as move to the next city in the list, 2,3,4... many times, just to get the correct city details displayed.

Just now I tried 4 times to post in the alliance forum, I gave up after the 4th attempt. Lets walk through this..

I click on alliance forum, it opens
I click on a tab, 502 error
I click on the tab again, it opens
I click on a topic, 502 error
I click on a tab again because I can't do anything once there has been a connection error
click on topic
click on last page of topic posts, 502 error
restart - click on forum tab.......

you can see how after this happens a few times it would begin to get annoying

this is happening to me 24/7 atm, everything I do takes several attempts. I have changed browsers several times in an attempt to solve this but no luck

The fact that the error is 90% 502 server errors indicates the problem is not at my end.

If you need screenshots of all the errors let me know, I get hundreds every day.

[edit] the example above showing my problems with posting in the alliance forum is just an example. I have this problem constantly in every aspect of the game from opening the senate to opening city info screens and parts of the map disappearing because the browser can't load it. I't's really a big problem for me.

Thanks

DeletedUser

After Login game hangs.

Server: Theta
Browser and Version: All browser
Screenshots:
How often this occurs: frequetly (lot of time I am not able to play whole day)

Time and Date you experienced this: last 2 month (when server shifted to 2.0)
I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes/No Yes

please look into the issue

Thanks in advance

DeletedUser

I've already posted my information within this thread. I'm adding a screen shot as the lag is getting progressively worse. Graphics are frequently failing to load, moving between cities is TORTURE and navigating in the internal forums can often be problematic.

As you can see in the screenshot, the code is showing where loads fail. At the lower left, the delete all button often remains, regardless of anything else. It also happens on the lower right for report icons. They can all be deleted but the delete all icon will often remain. Refreshing 4 times didn't fix this issue tonight.

This particular shot is from server Corinth.

LagBug2.jpg

DeletedUser

There are plenty of complaints about server issues, in various threads. Please from now onwards put all information in the following format in this thread:

• Server:
  • Browser and Version:
  • Screenshots:
  • How often this occurs:
  • Time and Date you experienced this:
  • I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes/No

Copy/Paste this into your post to use the above form easier:

HTML:
[LIST][*][B]Server:[/B][*][B]Browser and Version:[/B]  [*][B]Screenshots:[/B] [*][B]How often this occurs:[/B] [*][B]Time and Date you experienced this:[/B] [*][B]I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies:[/B] Yes/No[/LIST]

It is not helping when I say to our developers 'Our servers aren't working properly!'. They need detailed information such as time and date, so we will collect this information.

Bonus points will be awarded for screenshots.

Please note, only use this thread for server performance problems. Any other issues please read here

I have no bugs, except I lose 100 of each rescources, everytime I log-out.

Yours, Moizling.

DeletedUser

I've already posted my information within this thread. I'm adding a screen shot as the lag is getting progressively worse. Graphics are frequently failing to load, moving between cities is TORTURE and navigating in the internal forums can often be problematic.

As you can see in the screenshot, the code is showing where loads fail. At the lower left, the delete all button often remains, regardless of anything else. It also happens on the lower right for report icons. They can all be deleted but the delete all icon will often remain. Refreshing 4 times didn't fix this issue tonight.

This particular shot is from server Corinth.

LagBug2.jpg

It appears to be a coding sentence, that got derped. (Part of it got deleted on a accident, or a glitch, bug, update.)

Yours, Moizling.

DeletedUser

That coding bug has been around since before 2.0, although I'm not sure if it was reported.

DeletedUser15947

Server: gamma an byzantium.
Browser and Version:crome (latest)
Screenshots:dont use it
How often this occurs:since 2.xx up date?? worse the last 7 day's
Time and Date you experienced this:everytime I's play(on 12-15hr's a day)
I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: yes.
most of the above has(an is still happin').
I's play gamma an byzantium.
just from what I's see here. enough said. fix it.
thank's Rhos.

DeletedUser

Just wanted to check in and say that deletion of notifications made me able to play again.

I do however of still feel that the 2.0 upgrade has been a serious degradation of grepolis playability and hence will ruin the fun we have with the game. We are already seeing the effects of this with reduced activity levels in our alliance and it is not an isolated issue. I do wish we could get the old 1.0 interface back, with the 2.0 improvements.

Shouldnt be hard, should it? I am sure Innogames would profit greatly from it. And whoever was in charge of the 2.0 architecture, needs to get the boot. Seriously. That person is not a software engineering professional.

Thanks for listening to my frustrations:-D

cheers,
enga

Varun

Strategos
Mine works beautifully!! great work grepo!!

Just for info about my settings:

Browser: Firefox 9.01 (I suppose i would recommend that. Initially it will take some time to load even the login page but then everything resolves out.)

DeletedUser17045

Gythium Server

• Server:en30 (Gythium)
  • Browser and Version: Opera 11.60 and Firefox 9.0.1
  • Screenshots:
  • 30wpbog.png
    How often this occurs: It is the first time that it has happened to me
  • Time and Date you experienced this: 12/1 around 7pm PST.
  • I have cleared my Browsercache and cookies: Yes

At the time of me writing this, I have managed to log back in. Not sure if it was just a glitch in the system, but its functioning correctly now.