Server offline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Its rather Comical that although the server is down this is the most action we've seen on the Phi forums since Cheeze went on WM and Osl Left . At least its given us some thing to talk about.:p

DeletedUser16478

poor programming - just sending us back to the login page with no explanation. I've opened a ticket. Just not right.

DeletedUser16478

This is un-sat! First, I'd rather get the server not responding message than the return to log in like you're an idiot user and clicked the wrong thing. And second, where's the Grep oversight in our forum - they cut off my p1ss in p1ss poor programming above? I've been a programmer for a long time, and I know any worth their salt tell their users what's going on.

DeletedUser

So how many of you have sent in support tickets? I know i have.

DeletedUser

On the login screen, under "Play now for free!", click on support.

DeletedUser

We're aware of the login issues (which is universal across Phi) and hopefully the problem will be fixed shortly. The devs have been made aware of this. There is no timetable on how long a fix will take. It shouldn't be much longer, hopefully. Please do not send in anymore support tickets. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconveniences.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8250

We're aware of the login issues (which is universal across Phi) and hopefully they'll be fixed shortly. The devs have been made aware of this. There is no timetable on how long a fix will take. It shouldn't be too much longer. Please do not send in anymore support tickets. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconveniences.

Zomg an update! (nearly 5 hours from when the issues first started) =S.

All's I have to say is *cough* backup server =P.

I know you're all hard at work at fixing this and all, but a timely update is always appreciated. Yes, you can argue that it's a free-game, but some of us are "paying" players as well. :)

*waiting patiently to see Phi back up, so I can go back to making more cookies! *

DeletedUser

The problem is none of our senior-moderators and up were online during the past 5-6 hours. Therefore, we could not give an update or even contact the devs. None of them are online right now either, but I came on and sent a message to our product manager.

We value all of our players, and something like this happening is quite unfortunate; however, we can't predict if something goes awry.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is just me talking but y does this only happen to phi i have been playing on pi for over 5 months and never have had any issues y does it seem that this world has a lot of problems

DeletedUser8250

The problem is none of our senior-moderators and up were online during the past 5-6 hours. Therefore, we could not give an update or even contact the devs. None of them are online right now either, but I came on and sent a message to our product manager.

We value all of our players, and something like this happening is quite unfortunate; however, we can't predict if something goes awry.

That's why you need more mods =P.

When I was a TW mod a few years back there were "emergency" contacts that mods were able to contact for when stuff like this happens. They also had a admin for each particular time zone so there was always a point of contact.

And its not like a server goes down and no one knows - our player community is great at being vocal (and posting on the forums) about their inability to login.

Anyway, I know there is little that you can do, and I totally appreciate you keeping us loyal players in the loop of things, Eclipse =P.

DeletedUser8078

None of them are online right now either, but I came on and sent a message to our product manager.

So what you are saying is this has only been brought to someones attention now, what, 6 hours later?

So does that now mean another 6 hours while someone works out the problem and tries to resolve it?

DeletedUser

Hi guys.

Just to confirm that we have contacted the developers and are waiting on a fix. Please bear in mind that it is still early in Germany, and do not get angry with the moderators as we can only act as messengers in this situation. As of yet we have no timeframe until a fix is implemented, but I will post here as soon as I hear something.

Thanks for your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.