Several Command Window Disabled ?

• Thread starter DeletedUser20415
  • Start date

DeletedUser23986

Okay then sirloin, I will answer you.

I am referencing multiple instances of the same window, not simply multiple windows.
Command windows were not the only such window. If multiple instances of same window did affect gameplay in noticeable amounts, I am pretty sure, the devs would have bothered a little more.

a.jpg

Not sure how or why you would conclude that is your business. Nor would you have the stats or info to do anything useful with the answers if they were provided. Clearly, the answer is "enough that it needed to be fixed".
Oh, i could appreciate my gameplay being improved, but i was unable to notice it myself. While I could clearly notice the disadvantages i am getting.

Isn't that the whole point of update announcments. I can't really do much with them, can I? other than just knowing...

So you don't know whether you can? Why would you even mention it without trying it?
I think, I said that I can. But its a bit annoying having so many tabs. And wasn't multiple tabs affecting gameplay in past?

DeletedUser5819

Well, so is it causing so much trouble? I mean, how many players did it affect and how? And how many users use it?
Not sure how or why you would conclude that is your business. Nor would you have the stats or info to do anything useful with the answers if they were provided. Clearly, the answer is "enough that it needed to be fixed".
Okay then sirloin, I will answer you. Command windows were not the only such window. If multiple instances of same window did affect gameplay in noticeable amounts, I am pretty sure, the devs would have bothered a little more......Oh, i could appreciate my gameplay being improved, but i was unable to notice it myself. While I could clearly notice the disadvantages i am getting.
I am sorry, but I don't see how that (or anything else in your post) is an answer to why you would think you are entitled to this information.

For all i know, I can open multiple tabs and then same window in each of them, why would that be any different?
I think, I said that I can. But its a bit annoying having so many tabs. And wasn't multiple tabs affecting gameplay in past?
You said "for all I know" which means that you don't know. I guess you missed the italics before so I have bolded it instead.

Isn't that the whole point of update announcments. I can't really do much with them, can I? other than just knowing...
If what you are saying here is that the bugfix wasn't in the announcement, which bugfixes usually are, and that it should have been then I support that. I should say I have not checked whether it was in the announcement, but if it wasn't then it probably should have been.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

At least this improvement somewhat counteracts the attack alarm's effect.

DeletedUser23986

that is not same as several command windows were disable. No error message was shown when opening multiple attacks windows in a row to me.

And how could they be called attack windows anyways.

@sirloin, i didn't check, but i was quite sure... also i don't say i am entitled to any information, i just feel it should be justified a lil more, because, as i said command windows aren't the only such windows.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I support the improvement this time, as it goes some way to conteracting the huge advantage that alarm app players have in the game.

DeletedUser

Alarm is very much a dominant feature in the game now. Players that can wake up on any attack and have plenty of time while the attack is travelling to organise a snipe of pretty much anything using multi-frames. These may not even be good players, but because they have the app then taking their cities in next to impossible. Getting rid of the multi-frames increases the effect of anti-timer, which will decrease the percentages of the players that take the micky out of the game with the app.

DeletedUser23986

Alarm is very much a dominant feature in the game now. Players that can wake up on any attack and have plenty of time while the attack is travelling to organise a snipe of pretty much anything using multi-frames. These may not even be good players, but because they have the app then taking their cities in next to impossible. Getting rid of the multi-frames increases the effect of anti-timer, which will decrease the percentages of the players that take the micky out of the game with the app.
If you are the defender(on conquest), you need less timing attempts to be able to snipe. Plus you can snipe either before or after cs. The attacker needs much better timings.

One reason is farming villages are not affected by anti-timers.

On revolt,you can always stack...

DeletedUser

true, but it is a conquest issue because all the players that are moaning are conquest players. All I am saying is it goes some way to restoring the balance on conquest worlds. Obviously "some way" is stated and more counter effects are needed to completely restore the balance.

This has never, as far as I am aware been an issue in the revolt system, so why bring it into it now.

DeletedUser20415

Kad you even relate my grandma to grepo alarm, stop moaning about it when you use it all the time. This have nothing to do with any alarm, this is so called " bug " that have been fixed, here is a good question to Richard or the devs that are seeing this, why did it take you 4 years to fix this bug ???

I dont buy this excuse, its pretty lame, and no harry they did not say they will disable opening several windows in any update !

DeletedUser

it was a bug but a useful one which promoted learning the game so I think it should be re-installed.

DeletedUser40768

Person I don't see it promoting learning the game, perhaps you can explain to me please? :) I think it should be fixed, having a guy opening maybe 20+ windows to try and time snipes hardly sounds like anything that requires learning. As for the multi window thing it is not really a big deal as much as you guys are making it. Players can still send a trireme to snipe then cancel if needed, slow transport and cancel if needed, and then the regular attack itself. 3 tries quite frankly is more than enough, and could be more if you have fast reactions. Also could always use improved troop speed in a pinch, as well as even try sending with a Hydra which is slightly slower than a trireme. Have the hero Atalanta in there too, and all of a sudden you can have at the minimum 5 or 6 tries. If I am not mistaken didn't they try to get rid of it before only to bring it back, if so not sure why they would do it again :heh: