Shameful, honestly...

Back2Basics

Chiliarch
I'll keep this relatively short and sweet while looking to include as much pertinent information as I can, mainly relating to a certain player on EN136, who's name I'll be censoring out throughout for the sake of storytelling.

We noticed earlier today, there was an alliance created in remembrance of a player who's now been internalized, we issued a message within our alliance to leave the player's cities alone while he's quietly internalized in their time of loss out of respect to the family...

That was until the player in question, must've woken up from their nap to greet us.

1642376521482.png
Naturally, we began to pry a bit to figure out exactly what was going on. Nothing out of the ordinary right?

1642375335662.png
During our journey for more information, this message was sent to me. Remember the time, 21:00 on 1/12/2022.

1642376413261.png

It was then brought to my attention that the player was still online at 1:00 server time on 1/13/2022. So their explaination to me was "the player had died and his son took over his account"

1642376454424.png
Alright, fair, humor is a coping mechanism, sure. But 4 hours after his passing his son was messaging members of my alliance looking to switch teams? When I asked the opposing leader for clarity. His "son" didn't have access to the account until the next morning, but not before messaging the alliance in question from an alt account 18 hours after our last conversation with the player? Seems like a rather cruel joke to play in the face of mourning is it not? To jump onto a game where your father spent all this time, to message people on the opposing team asking to join them? Surely that'd not be a normal coping mechanism.

1642377356279.png
The explanation as to how they found out so long after the fact, despite our ongoing conversations is that he needed to find the password. So how did we have contact with the player at 1:00 ST on the 13th when the alliance he was playing in was out of contact until 19:00 on the same day?

My conversations with the player have been ongoing through to the point of posting this message. With the conversation shifting to details months old of specific conversations we've had in the past. Referencing players who are no longer in the world, alliances that no longer exist. I do wonder what other lies they've attempted to feed us in order to foster whatever competitive advantage they think they need by profiting from the "death" of one of their players.

Genuinely one of the most disgusting, shameless acts I have EVER seen on this game from an alliance. Anyone who can look at this scenario and not be disgusted will never play anywhere near an alliance that I'm a part of.

Thanks for the read,
a concerned player.

Edit:

Will happily share more, uncensored screenshots from the leader in question if you reach out to me privately

Last edited:

Pennaone

Phrourach
An atrocious example to say the least, I'd like to think grepolis players are above such behavior.

#cancelconstantine

gkassimis

Hipparchus
cant imagine someone losing his dad the day before and has the mood to play grepo to his dads account. if you are a hardcore player and its your account i can understand that you might dont want to cause problems to your alliance but for someone elses account...